South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:36 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Good mornin' everyone! Hope you have a great Friday! Doncha love Fridays....I sure do!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:42 AM   #17  

Good Morning all...
Ruth, ellis, and mauvis- enjoy your visit together. Wish I was in Canada....
Franny- Thanks again for the boot camp, it is definitely helping get my butt in gear
Hi to Susan, sflake, and anyone else I missed
Marcie- giving much thanks that you are back.
Have a great day at the beach and stay ON PLAN!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:10 AM   #18  
cranky & determined

Thumbs down

Good Morning & We're soooooo glad you're back, Marcie!

Yes, we both have a LOT to be thankful for and our Beach sissters are an additional reason to give thanks!

Ruthie, Ellis * Mauvais - sounds like a fun meeting - look forward to reading about it - be sure and fill us in with all the juicy details! We all wish we were hanging out with you as well!

I'm back from the gym - today was yoga class day - and I'm even all coffeed-up - got online late today. Last night I was thrown a bit of a curve ball b/c I went to a wake for the wife of a former colleague - then we went to his house for a visit and had a wee bit too much wine but at least stayed away from the carbs. ;

I'm geared up to meet my challenges will check back with y'all later.

Have a great day on the Beach Babes!

Last edited by operadog; 09-05-2003 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:27 AM   #19  
Member Florida Chick

Good Morning everyone:

Marcie: My first thanks is to have you back on the beach with your inspirational words. So glad that your news was good, and especially to know that you will not lose your sight. Also thanks to all you other beach beauties for all the help and support.

Ruth and Ellis: Have a great time with your 'skinny' friend, and do hold back a little. You don't really want blood on your hands. It would only be the satisfaction of the moment. but of course that might count for a lot. Only you two can know for sure. :Seriously, have a wonderful reunion.

Ruth: You talk about music lessons. Piano. singing. composition? Just interested, as music has been a part of my life forever. Taught music in the public school systems until retirement.

Susan: Welcome to the beach. You'll love it here.

got some of my exercise in this a.m. before the rains come again. 5 miles on my bike. Hope to get to Curves this p.m. as next week I won't be doing regular exercise. I hope to do a lot of walking tho' .

Right now I am staying incognito from our dog, as she is getting groomed, and she wants me to rescue her if i stay in sight. We are fortunate to have the groomer come right to our house. She clips and bathes, her, does the works. it is so much easier than having to take her somewhere.

good morning everyone. TGIF Have a great day on the beach. Lizzie.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:38 AM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Sflake, you are doing amazingly well with the exercise! Good for you!!

I wish you could all join us tomorrow. DID ANYONE NOTICE that Ruth called Mauvais gorgeous but not ME!?! HOW RUDE!!!!

Jackie, just MOVE here!! We'd love to have you.

Have a happy day, Di, Sil, Susan, Ms24 and Whimsey!

Anna, don't you just love yoga? I've just signed my daughter and I up for it again. We're starting next week. It's SO relaxing!

Lizzie, 5 miles on the bike!! Good girl!!

Just went for a great walk to the Y. I had a good workout yesterday, so it was a pleasure to walk in there with only a course to sign up for.
I'm just about at my 10 000 steps, and it's only 10:30!!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:52 AM   #21  
cranky & determined

Ellis! 10,000 steps so early inb the day! You're ;rockin' out today!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:58 AM   #22  

Thank you, sweet Anna.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:03 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! I am only 5000 steps. You chicks are all working out and I'm just doing strolls through this pretty little village. Never mind! I have a skinny stress level!

Seriously, Ellis is gorgeous in a beautifully volumptuous way. She has beautiful skin and fabulous eyes. Too bad she is so damned conceited and competitive. LMAO

Ann, I'm doing it all - theory, piano and voice - and doing none of it well. I was determined when I retired to learn to play the piano. I have come to realize that I won't make it to Carnegie Hall or even to play the organ in Church but I do have a few party pieces. My current project is to remember the songs my Dad sang to me and write them down WITH the music.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:06 AM   #24  
Enthusiasm is contagious

I'm so happy to see you back so soon, Marcie.
I give thanks today for all of my new friends in this great support group.
Warm fuzzies to all of you today as you begin your trek on the Beach.

Thankfully yours,

Sharon
Old 09-05-2003, 11:10 AM   #25  

Huh! I was WAITING for a reprisal! Thank you VERY much. snicker.
I MAY tell them what a babe you are at some other time.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:08 PM   #26  

I'm sooooooooooooooooo thankful that SBD is easy to work with!!

My daughter and I just got back from a trip to NYC, and we were able to stick to our second week on the SBD almost the whole time!! She's lost 7 pounds, and I've lost 4 (I don't keep as strictly to the diet as she does, cuz I'm a marathon walker and need a few extra carbs). Even while on vacation, we lost!

It helps that I'm an outgoing person who keeps her purse chockful of gifts from my region of the US to give to folks. With a few tins of Moravian cookies at my disposal, it was easy for me to cajole deli counterpeople into making us lovely egg, cheese, and turkey breakfast sandwiches WITHOUT THE ROLL (which is practically inconceivable in Manhattan, ya know!).

I just can't believe how easy it was for us to stay on the diet while we were in The Big Apple. (We did indulge in the MOST delicious tofu cheesecake at the Zen Palate one evening, but you'll forgive us, right?)
Old 09-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #27  

Off to 'Big D' this weekend for oldest granddaughters b-day....(I am also going to see the Dallas Summer Muscical's Production of Flower Drum Song!! Yahoo!! Have a good weekend and I will see you on the return.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #28  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Marcie-Glad you are back, and glad to hear your vision is better already!!!! We missed you!!!!!

Ruth and Ellis-Have a sip of tea and think of me, okay? Wish i could be there!!! (Ellis, aren't you going to tell everyone that Ruth is actually a 14 year old boy?!? OH! A year has passed so he may be 15 by now!!!) Yes, Mauvais and Ellis are GORGEOUS, and "Ruth" is a stone fox!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 08:47 PM   #29  

Oh, Den... I WISH you were here!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:21 PM   #30  
Member Florida Chick

Ruth: Carnagie Hall is not important. but doing this for you and your own enjoyment and pleasure is. Every new piece you get is another accomplishment. Keep up the good work

I have a great image in my mind of the pretty little town you live in. I sort of think of Gananoque, which is a pretty little town on the river. Are you anywhere near Crow Lake. Had some friends who used to have a cottage up there. Being so close, we used to come to Canada a lot. Black diamond cheese, is good, and also the I think- Fo-far cheese factory. Something like that- We visited there many times. so you'd think I might remember. DUH!

You two ladies have a wonderful day with your friend tomorrow, and I think even tho' I haven't seen either of you, that you both must be beautiful, because that is the way you sound.
Now just think of all the steps you'll take walking around Ottawa tomorrow. And I have to sit in a meeting all day. UGH Ann
Closed Thread