South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! Just stopping in to say hi while I finish up dinner. I'm trying a new recipe: a pseudo tuna casserole. I'll let you know how it tastes.

Busy day at work and kids after school so I didn't get my walk in. But I did make sure to exercise both days this weekend; this was my planned day off.

Welcome to tongirl02!!

Got to run! Have a great evening.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Pretty much wfh week for me, I do go in on Thursday and Friday but only for a couple of meetings so will start out wfh. It is frosty out there this morning, I think we are getting back into the 50s today. Nothing on the agenda for me other than work. My weight is up a bit but I know it is due to TOM coming next week always happens the week before, still eating op.

Tongirl02, welcome, as long as you stick to a plan of eating healthy carbs your good whether it is prepackaged or fresh. I like to eat fresh food but do use a few frozen items.

Jekel hope the shots work for you and you are able to take it easy on the knee. I will try and get them to do some walking lol, if not I can always do my yoga in my room.

Beth hope you have a great day.

to everyone else

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 11-14-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning chick!

I totally forgot to post the exterior of the house is getting painted today, and we have a PTSA meeting at 7pm beside that there is not much in the agenda for me today. I need to clean the house and file paper work. Mom is cooking corn to make arepas (griddle cakes) for the boys breakfast.

I had planned to stick to PH1 this week, but with mom cooking and is going to be hard so I decided to try to eat as much OP as possible and just enjoy her company. I don't think I will be able to lose much during this and next month but as long as I don't gain weight I guess it will be good.

Tongirl02, welcome! I don't use the prepacked food, I don't even know how it works. Do you buy your meals by the phase you are in? I prefer to eat fresh food and avoid all process food as much as possible, this way I can control what goes in. I don't use any artificial ingredients or sweeteners.

Hope you all have a great day!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #19  

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Muffin- Yeah, they do 1 week of phase 1 with very specific meals in order to reduce your cravings for sugar and refined starches. Then you do however many weeks you need of Phase 2 and you get all meals except 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner per week. So you have 12 meals on your own to try to learn how to do it on your own. And then when you get to Phase 3 you are on your own just following the plan.
tongirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I had to go in to the office for a staff meeting today. They always get lunch in and I was worried if I'd be able to eat it, so I took some emergency snacks in case I needed to tough it out. But they got Bentos from Mike Isabella Catering, and mine was completely Ph1 compliant, and delicious. A little high calorie for lunch but I'll go light for dinner.
Tomorrow should be a quiet WFH day and I’ll stay in and stay cozy. It’s so cold out today, and the air almost feels like snow, guess I should check the forecast.

Rose, where are you headed for the weekend?
Welcome tongirl! I don't use the products, just follow the plan and do my own cooking. Let us know how they are though! Now that I'm cooking just for me mostly, it might be nice to have some on hand for emergencies.
Beth, how was your casserole? If it turns out well, post the recipe! I'm always looking for new recipes.
jennifer, hope the shot does the trick for you!
Muffin, enjoy your mom's company!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:38 PM   #21  

Good afternoon, chicks!

We have certainly turned the corner into November weather: below freezing in the morning and low 40s in the day. There is snow in the forecast for the weekend but hopefully it will mostly miss me. Work was same old today but tomorrow we have report card conferences in the afternoon and evening.

Jennifer, hope the knees feel better soon and your training day went well.
Pearlrose, I would go for yoga in the room.
Isa, I am trying to stay OP for as long as possible but I know from now until the first of the year is a challenging time for me foodwise. Your plan of maintaining sounds like a good one. SB is supposed to be a way of eating for the long haul, although that is easier said than done. This weekend I was thinking how our society naturally reaches for carbs for meals and snacks both.
tongirl, are you new to the entire way of SB eating or just the pre-packaged meals? I think reading the book is important for understanding the underlying principles but you should also check out the FAQ section of this site for lots of tips on re-working your meals. Most of us cook but I can certainly see the appeal of buying the meals, especially it you are only cooking for yourself.
Schmoodle, the casserole was good. It is definitely P2 since you have to use some sort of pasta. There are some good whole wheat/multigrain ones out there but we order bean/lentil pasta from Amazon. The key was ff milk and the lower fat cream cheese (Nufatchel) for the sauce.

Tonight is pulled pork (no bun for me!).
Old 11-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening chicks. Beth you should be impressed I am checking in after you LOL. The shot wasn’t terrible but last night I was swollen and achy (no surprise there). Today it felt good, but someone thought they should go to the gym after work. So now I am on the couch 2 Alleve and an ice pack. Tomorrow I will not push it so much. Training went well today. Passed on the first try and got a perfect score with one of my off duty weapons. Tomorrow we have CPR, first aid, autism training and critical stress incident management training.

Pearlrose I shot up 7 pounds from Saturday. I guess TOM is getting ready for another appearance. I’m all over the map lately LOL. Hope you have a wonderful time this weekend.

Debbie safe travels to Alaska

Beth we are supposed to get snow too (UGH) not really ready yet.

Isa I think you have a great plan while your mom is here. Enjoy spending time with her.

Schmoodle what is Bentos? I packed my lunch today, good thing everyone else opted for Chinese food.

I am going to do my best to stay OP until Thanksgiving. I do enjoy all the goodies lol. Unless DS comes home (which doesn’t look likely) I will go to Joe’s cousins. There is always an abundance of choices. I politely declined left overs last year and plan to do the same this year. Hope my plan works LOL. This time of the year always proves challenging.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #23  

Good morning,

Woke up to the sound of a downpour, not sure if it is raining all day or not but definitely gloomy and gray outside. I am wfh again today, finally got some reports done yesterday. Nothing on the agenda tonight.

Debbie hope your trip to Alaska is smooth sailing

Beth ugh I am not ready for Winter

Schmoodle glad they had op food for you

Isa I agree enjoy your mom's company

Tongirl02 I would read the faq section to prepare yourself if you have not already done so

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! Finger slipped and lost my post. Weight up a pound today from dinner out last night - fish and chips local famous restaurant! Oy!

Today is another day - wish me luck at today's lunch event where the Parson is speaking to a bunch of military and I will have to smile a lot and so my "Mrs. Reverend Doctor Wifey" act! (I'm thinking I should say I'm vegan but would eventually get called out on that.)

Wishing everyone a successful Peak of the Week Day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

We wake up to a chilly and windy morning, I wish I could open the windows, but the painters haven't finished I have some errands to do this morning but I will probably do them tomorrow if they are done. For lunch I will be having leftover bean soup and maybe some chicken.

Jennifer, how is coconut doing? Are the injections the only thing you are doing for your knees? I have noticed that my knees are getting worse but I right now I haven't done any treatment. I am still waiting for my rheumatologist referral so I can make an appointment. I really want to go back to my normal exercise routine but I'm still healing from the meniscus tear.

Beth, that is so true we are always reaching for carbs for meals. In my case I think of a sweet when I am talking of a snack

Pearlrose, I love rainy days but when it is too gloomy all I want to do is eat and watch tv

Ruth, fish and chips really sound good. Good luck with lunch today.

I need to finish my coffee and make some calls. I hope you all have a great Wednesday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #26  

Hey chicks! Quick check in since I have to go back to school soon for the evening round of conferences. Luckily my DH made chili yesterday so I will have some for supper.

Jennifer, congrats on passing! Today sounds like a busy one.
Ruth, good to see you. I hope you were able to survive the wifey duties today.

Sounds like a few of us are planning how to survive the impending holidays. One thing I need to keep telling myself is Thanksgiving is a MEAL, not a week long event. I am hoping to stay OP until then since we will go away for Turkey Day.

Have a good evening!
Old 11-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #27  

Good morning,

Yesterday DH and I went out to eat and decided to try a new restaurant in the next town, that was a mistake its an Italian restaurant and all they had was pasta and pizza, so the scale is up today, time to get back on track at least for today and tomorrow and will try to watch portions over the weekend in Florida. Today I am starting from home but have to go in to give a presentation didn't really want to do it but no one else was stepping up to do it so figured I would volunteer and then the next rounds I won't have to do haha.

Ruth I have to laugh at your post, I think you are doing awesome considering all of the meals you have to eat out

Beth we had conferences a couple of weeks ago

Isa hopefully the painters are done today.

Have a great everyone!
Old 11-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! We are up and at it early for a change. It's Michelle Day, crockpot pulled pork day and my man has just left with my car to take it to his grandson's place to get it switched to winter tires! So nice to suddenly have two new adult and talented "kids" in the family. I am about to cook them a country breakfast when they drive B. home. I got four great-Grans in the deal too.

Lots to do today but no social events aside from breakfast. Michelle comes to clean and I plan to hole up in my sewingroom and catch up on neglected small jobs.

Enjoy your day and do something nice for yourself.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

HEY CHICKS!! I came in to cut and paste the Creamy Mexican crock pot recipe (again) for a group and thought I'd wave hello.

HELLO!!

I keep SBD principles in my mind, and sometimes follow them, and sometimes not . Do what we gotta do, am I right?!

XOXO
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #30  

Good evening, chicks.

Another routine day for me, which is fine. I am looking forward to a few days off next week. The scale ticked back down a bit today, which means I undid the weekend damage. The nice thing is that compared to the end of August there is a small downward trend. I am trying hard to eat OP before Thanksgiving.

Welcome back Tammy! Always good to see you. Jennifer and I were recently talking about that recipe (boo hoo my DH doesn't like it!) and I shared it with a colleague recently as well.

Ruth, I'm glad you are getting your winter tires on! Hope you got in your "me" time. I like your avatar but I think you are rushing things a bit. Wait until Boxing Day to wish for spring, ok? I like the holidays.

Pearlrose, have a great trip.

Enjoy your evening.