South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Chat 10/14-10/20

Here's to another OP week!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #2  

Good morning. It's dark, dreary and rainy here I should be sleeping but my internal clock doesn't let me sleep in anymore. Did well this week and am down 3 pounds. I am 3 pounds over goal at the moment which is better than the last month. Now to continue to the downward momentum to get just under goal again. TOM snuck in yesterday completely uninvited LOL. I didn't get a visit last month and was hoping this was the beginning to the end. UGH lol.

I don't need to cook this week as I have premade meals in the freezer. I'm feeling tonight will be a chili night. Joe wanted to go to a pig roast today. I declined the invite. I really want to just stay home this weekend. I know he's OK not spending time together as his son is home this week from college. We never had a fall break when I was in school.

What are everyone's plans this weekend?
Old 10-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jennifer and folks to come. We have a rainy and coolish day which is dulling the fall colours a bit but they are still glorious.

Back from our "honeymoon" and faced the scale this morning to see no weight change. I guess sitting in the car, watching my man drive and pointing out the sights did not count as exercise. (We ate pretty healthy but ...) It was a wonderful break/honeymoon and I think we may both be rested from the Spring and Summer stresses. I even had an afternoon nap yesterday which got me ready for my first choir rehearsal for the Christmas program in the Village.

When in the Gaspe we stayed at B&B's mostly and met lots of interesting people. Both of us managed speaking French pretty well - amazing how things pop into your brain years later. We even found ourselves speaking French to each other when alone - not much opportunity for that here in Delta although I go get the occasional chance to speak French when Quebec tourists wander into the Mill.

Now I need to read back posts and get myself back in the groove foodwise. I made a yummy bean and veggie soup for dinner last night and am planning chicken/veggie fajitas for dinner tonight. There are no "must do" Village foodie events until the 29th so things should be easier.

Here we go with another week, Bonne chance, mes amies!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back to Ruth and good morning chicks!

I "slept in" this morning which meant that when I woke up at 6:30 I didn't get up. lol I try to let DH sleep in (for real) on my days off since he is so kind to get up and make me coffee eveyday before I leave for work. So I just stayed in bed and read so he could keep sleeping.

We will soon take a walk and then go to the annual fall Craft and Food Festival which the Chamber of Commerce holds at a local university. It is a little early for Christmas shopping but maybe I should get a start since the season always slaps me in the face.

I also want to stop at the liquor store. The fires in California have been awful but one thing that that caught my attention on the news the other day was an interview with a vineyard owner. She said that many of the grapes have been harvested already and are safe....except for the ones they blend to make Merlot and Cabernet! So I think I will go stock up on some wine before the prices go sky high. (red wine is SB, right??)

Ruth, I am so glad you had a nice trip and are feeling rested. The last week several of us have been lamenting the zig-zag movement of the scale so you can join right in with us.

Jennifer, hope you have a good day and get your niggles done.

Have a good day chicks!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

Ruth, welcome back and thanks for sharing some details of your trip! Glad you and Bruce are feeling rested.

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started this morning. I, too, would decline the pig roast. LOL

Beth, have sweet to stay in bed this morning and read. Yes, you'd better stock up on your wines. My brother lives part-time in Sonoma in a retirement home. He was there when the fire is started and his complex was the only one saved in the whole area. He still can't go back, though. He traveled to Key West last week. The devastation is absolutely unreal.

OK, I had best get moving. I did get up a little early and got many chores done now I am headed down to Denver with my sister for more. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in til 8:30 a.m. what that never happens guess I really needed the sleep. Last night ended up going with DH to Sounds of the 60s with the Fab 4 and Mickey Dolan and Mark Buckingham it wasn't bad. I only wanted to go to one concert this weekend but will be going to tonight again to see Sounds of the 70s with DH and neighbors. Not really my cup of tea but will go. Today DD2 has marching band competition they perform at 3 p.m. and it's just next town over so I can get some stuff done before heading over to see her perform.

I need to do a grocery run and stock up up on some items that we have run out of.

Welcome back Ruth so glad you had a great time on your trip, no weight gain after a trip is a win to me.

Beth that was nice of you to stay in bed, once I wake up I hate staying in bed lol

Jekel I think someone was telling you to relax last night. Hopefully DS is able to stay in touch a bit during his training. I hear you about projects, I am still paying off my flooring project.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon,

I wake up at 2am this morning and had a hard time going back to sleep. This morning I stayed in bed until 8:30am resting, DH and DS2 made pancakes for breakfast. I don't eat pancakes so I had a scramble egg with veggies and coffee The weather today is great, breezy and on only 79F, finally feels like Fall here in Orlando! I opened the windows while I finished cleaning the house and laundry. DH and the boys grilled pork chops and chicken for lunch, now I am seating outside enjoying a cup of tea and this nice weather.

Jennifer- 3lbs down is great!
Ruth- Sounds like you two had a great time.
Beth- Have fun at the Fall Craft and Food Festival. I don't drink wine, but yes, stocking up is not a bad a idea.
Rose- Good luck to DD2 at the band competition.

Have a nice Saturday everyone!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:04 AM   #8  

Good morning!!!!

Pearlrose I hope you had fun at the concert.
Debbie glad your brother is OK. The devastation is so incredibly sad.
Beth how was the craft fair? Now that I am finally off on weekends I hope to go to a few this year.
Isa nice that you got to relax a little outside yesterday. I am getting ready to put away the patio set for the season.
Ruth sounds like you had a really nice honeymoon. Glad to see you back here. We missed you.

Saturday night was another wild night here. Went to bed at 8:30 lol. I did here from DS. They start training Monday. Once they reach their allotted number of trainees who pass the PT test, the remaining soldiers have to wait for the next session. LOL my son said "don't book your flight just yet mom I may be here a while." Gives me time to pay down the credit card lol. Nothing on the agenda today which is good. I am starting the week weighing much less than last week. Maybe I should stay home more often lol. Hopefully this week the numbers come down too. Is it wrong that I want to tour change and work 3-11 on Halloween so I don't buy candy?

Time to start figuring out the day. Hope everyone enjoys theirs.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

I found a few things to buy at the craft fair: some hand-carved wooden Christmas tree ornaments, alpaca socks for DH (his winter favorite), a new lanyard for my school keys. I steadfastly resisted the fudge and chocolates but am second guessing whether I should have picked up some of the soup mixes (for us) or some of the pottery for a gift. Oh well; it was fun to look!

Today I need to make a small trip to the grocery store but am holding myself to only a few fresh items. I am going to challenge myself to eat from the freezer for the next several weeks; I want to defrost it and it is a little full right now! After that laundry and a few niggles will be my day.

Isa, glad to have you back after your crazy summer! I can't imagine it still being that warm, we have already had frost and tomorrow's high is going to be 50*.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #10  

Good morning,

Woke up to a rainy gray morning the high is only supposed to be 62 which is crazy because yesterday's high was 88. Yesterday was a fun day, DD1 went grocery shopping with me so got to spend a bit of time with her. Went and watched DD2 compete, they took first for their category they did so good. The concert last night was surprisingly good, really enjoyed it and the company of our neighbors. I don't think we will go pumpkin picking today so will probably go shopping with DD2 she has a chorus concert tomorrow night.

Beth sounds like the craft fair was good. Glad you were able to pick up a few things

Jekel my scale moved back down from the 1 lb up so here's hoping it continues down this week.

Isa sounds like you had lovely weather yesterday.

Debbie glad your brother is okay, it is really sad all the devastation all over.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #11  

Happy Sunday,

I stayed in bed until 7am and had oatmeal with blueberries, banana, and almond butter. Breakfast was good but I think it was a little too heavy for me. After church we went to the grocery store for eggs and ham and we also got rotisserie chicken for lunch. I played Uno with the boys and now I am finally enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day. Nothing plan for us today, after dinner we might go for a walk around the lake.

I hope you all are having a great weekend!
Old 10-16-2017, 09:32 AM   #12  

Good morning,

It was a chilly in the 40s this morning so I did my workout inside. We did end up going pumpkin picking yesterday as it got nice and in the 60s for the afternoon. I also got some mums for our back deck from the farm we went to. Today is wfh and I need to pack as tomorrow I am going to stay with a friend in her rv for one night, two days. It will be nice to get away, it's about 2 1/2 hour drive for me tomorrow morning and then will be back on Wednesday night.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday morning - 5 minutes to go! Been up since 7, puttering around with planning the week and then off to the usual Monday morning coffee group at the Church Hall. My new neighbour, Wendy, was there for the second time and has fitted in well with the rest of the group. The only problem is that we never seem to get on with our week until nearly noon and it feels like a three day weekend.

Weight is not budging despite cutting back on carbs as much as possible with Bruce the Skinny Carboholic in the house. Just made him a toasted tomato sandwich with a layer of potato chips as bacon! He also drinks his coffee with a square of chocolate bar in his mouth the flavour it. I need to do some training.

Very cool today with rain threatening but the rest of the week looks warmer and sunny - we are still very colourful up here and no killing frost so far. I plan to pick what may be the last bouquet of flowers for the season as my Gardener-on-the-go will be here to tuck my garden in for the winter.

Time to pull up my Big Girl panties and get on with Monday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:14 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I slept in this morning now getting down to business. So much on my plate right now I am trying to deal with things one step at a time. I may not have mentioned but I am now the owner of 185 mining claims. I'm needing some education, for sure. I guess I'd better get moving soon. We have invited a guest for dinner who knows more about mining than we do. He is going to look through my stepdad's mining library and see if he could assist in helping us relocate books and publications to places where they could have a better use. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #15  

Good evening ladies,

I wake up at 6am but since the kids had no school today I went back to bed until 9am. I can't remember the last time I stayed in bed that late DH flew to Ohio this morning, the kids and I run some errands and dropped off a poster for DS2 play that is on November 2nd. I spent most almost an hour with Walmart customer service, I placed an order last week for DS2 costume for his play and it was supposed to arrived in October 14 and hasn't arrived yet. I ended up canceling the order and placing a new one with expedite shipment, so hopefully I will get it by this Wednesday.
For lunches this week I made wild-rice chicken and mushroom soup. The original recipe called for milk, butter and all purpose flour, but I omit all this ingredients and the soup still taste good

I hope everyone have a great week!