South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Getting ready to head into work myself. I need to fill my thermos with iced coffee since today will be a scorcher with high humidity.

Scale is stuck but I am doing my best to stay OP and am getting in my exercise. I will just whine one more time and say this 5 pounds seems really tough.

Back later!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Heading to the pool. It's still cool here today that's nice. We got a big rain yesterday so everything is watered. Mom and sis are going to Aspen. I'm going to stay with the dogs and clean the carpets. Yesterday I groomed and bathed both of them not in that order. They're looking pretty sporty although both are eating out of the compost pile right now LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow, Beth - here I am with zucchini and blueberries and the urge to bake. Today will be another sweltering day so it may not happen until the cool of the morning tomorrow, which looks like a free day for some reason. Today is not free with friend Liz here trying to connect Bruce's laptop upstairs and not having any luck. This afternoon is Fiddle/Harp Jam session so I sure hope it's done by then.

Debbie, my two have not yet discovered the compost behind the barn - an adventure to anticipate. They have managed to find a patch of wee burrs in the dogyard and have these very small round burs in their coats. Lots of fun sitting and picking out the peppercorn-sized things.

Pearlrose, budget planning!!!! Aaaaaargh! So glad I'm out of that racquet now although Bruce wants me to set up one for the house.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the fresh month.

Off to make coffee for Liz and the Parson who now finally believe my statement - "We don't have Wi-Fi!"
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #19  

Good morning, chicks.

We had quite a storm roll through yesterday afternoon so it was a good thing I exercised inside and didn't bank on taking a walk. But I also didn't get out to pick the blueberries; that will be on this morning's agenda. They are almost done but I like the fact that we have different varieties and the harvest spreads out over almost a month. I've almost got cukes coming out my ears; I think I will pick and compost the ones that are getting too big and let the baby ones grow. I also had to trim back a vine that was strangling my peppers.

Ruth, were you able to rig up internet for the Parson?

Debbie, we have had so much rain we have hardly needed to water the garden at all.

Amy, hope you are having a good trip with DD!

TGIF chicks.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:07 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. We are getting Debbie's rain this morning with a few booms, enough to keep the doggage at my feet. The Parson is heading out for some calls this a.m. and I'm planning to enjoy the time alone.

B. still can't get onto the Net despite now having three people working on it. Grandson Josh joined Liz and her husband Moel made suggestions over the phone. By end of day, they gave up and I discovered I no longer had any connection my my desk. I had to undo all the stuff they'd changed! Moel will be back in town tonight and they will work on it tomorrow. (I think we are missing a router to handle wifi but what the heck do I know!)

I'm hoping to make that blueberry/zucchini bread today as it sounds just the thing for breakfasts next week. Slight downward shift in weight this a.m. and I intend to focus more on cooking food that is SBD compliant.

The t-storm has ended and the sun is out. Now to actually crank up the day. TGIF - it's been a long and busy week. A busy weekend ahead, of course.

Plan something fun, Beachies. Summer is slipping away!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is beautiful here sunny and the high is only going to be 79 degrees. Today is a very busy day, I am wfh but have several conference calls and trying to get month end reports finished today. I have PT and then have to go help set up for Band camp potluck at 4 p.m. and need to check into our flights tomorrow as well. I need to pack too, we leave tomorrow for Florida and will be staying at my sisters place for a couple of nights and then we board the cruise on Monday. Kinda of nervous, first cruise for me since I was in HS and we all know that was a few decades ago lol. DH and DD2 this will be first cruise and second for DD1.

Beth it threatened to rain yesterday, black clouds and thunder but just got a few drops and it passed us by

Ruth glad the scale is starting to move down. I would say you need a wifi router. I have the cable router but had to hook up the wifi router to it so we have wireless in the house, it's not like ATT where it has a combination router and wifi in one, so I would say it depends on what kind of internet you have.

Debbie when do you head back over, hope you are enjoying the pool

Jekel hope work is going well for you

Amy enjoy your trip with DD back to school.

Have a great day everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Finally home after an early morning in the city. Did the car swap with Pamela for our bike ride Sunday. I will hopefully read all I missed tomorrow. Pearlrose have a wonderful trip!!! I've never been on a cruise. Thanks to the Posideon Adventure lol. The original one. Mind you I watched it on TV, but that was enough for me lol. I want to try one someday.....first I would need to just stay on the ship at the dock lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello!

We traveled over this morning. Got here at 8:30 AM. Missed the road construction. That was good. I promptly got to working on my washing machine and garbage disposal which weren't working. My sister had the scoop on garbage disposal. There's a reset button on the bottom. I reset that and it worked like a charm. Glad for that. Took the back of the washing machine apart and determined there were numerous problems. Both of the shock absorbers had broken off the drum. It's a front loader. It was looking pretty cruddy inside. I decided to plug it back in and see if the motor was running And if it was just a problem with the belt. When I plugged it back in some smoke came out of the control panel and I just decided to call it quits. My friend, Pat, was up for going down with me to look for either a replacement washer suggesting we could build a shelf to put the dryer on top of it. Or, look for a new washer dryer stackable combination. We found the screaming deal at JCPenney. A floor model LG stackable washer and dryer. Half price. Then I got 10% off for opening a credit card account which would allow me to finance over a period of months . They both fit in the back of my trailblazer and we were headed home for a grand total of $730. Usually the price of one. I will happily live with that. Just got home and need to head to bed early. I work tomorrow.

Rose, have a great trip!

Ruth, I hope your issue is resolved soon!

Beth, nice not to have to water. My cucumbers are growing fast, too!

Jennifer, I hope the weather is nice for your bike ride on Sunday!

OK! I will see you all tomorrow!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-04-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #24  
GlenwoodHotSprings

OK. I admit, I'm a little lazy here, but with Pearlrose heading off on a vacation and with Ruth having lack of Internet service I just decided to post on the old thread since my guess is there won't be too much chatting. . LOl

So I was supposed to work today but when I got in at 7 AM the usual Saturday girl was already there. She hadn't read the schedule. We did discuss because she is supposed to work tomorrow, as well, and she's usually off. She decided she'd like to have the extra money and I decided I'd love to go home. So it worked out. Actually I headed west 45 miles to a Lowe's store in the mountains. They had the bracket that I needed to be able to stack my new dryer on top of the washer. I missed the traffic coming up from Denver and got back and installed it. Took a little more time to Switchover dryer power cords, etc., but I have already washed my first load of clothes and they are in the dryer. Yay! I do still have some furniture to put back and some things to put away but I think I'm mostly going to go fast this afternoon. Not even work in the yard. It's been a long week.

If you get a minute-check in. I'd love to hear what's going on!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-05-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:55 AM   #25  

Good morning chicks. We are off visiting DS1. Yesterday we went to a NY historic site that is a former mansion and has beautiful Victorian style gardens. The weather was so-so but we had a nice time anyway.

Today DH and DS will go watch training camp for the Buffalo Bills while I visit my sister. Convenient she lives close by.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Beth, nice to hear from you! Glad you're having a nice visit with family!

Me, just having that last cup of coffee before I head into work. It will be a long day but I got some rest. Almost 12 hours. I may try to get a few things done when I get home today, if my feet will take it.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:34 AM   #27  
Come on Spring!

Good idea to post on old thread. I'll change the title if I can remember how to do it. Internet is finally back the way I want it and Bruce has his wi-fi. Whew! Neighbour Moel came in yesterday and put everything back the way i wanted it.

Family birthday party last night did a bit of damage to the weight and there's a cornroast today. My social life seems all about food lately. Grrrr! There is not a single plump person in this whole family! Sure hoping things settle down a bit soon since it's tricky navigating all the reefs and shoals.

Coolish but sunny in the forecast. I hope your Sundyay is joyous.