South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default The Weekend: March 18-19

Good morning, chicks!

Is everyone up and already busy or sleeping in?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #2  

Good morning, chicks! We have a lovely sunny morning again. DH and I are trying to figure out if this is a chore or fun day. There is ALWAYS cleaning, groceries and laundry to do on a Saturday, so we will see.

Back later! Have a great day all!
Old 03-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun is out today looks to be a nice day but I need to clean and do laundry as well as run a few errands today as well. DD2 and I will probably go see Beauty and the Beast today as well.

Beth I vote for fun day

Have a great day
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

It's the usual mid-atlantic weather here - chilly, gray maybe rain later.

My daughter and her two friends have just left. I got in lots of last minute hugs and squeezes. I'm still dragging a little, but I am better than I was. It's too yucky again to walk outside so I'm debating now what program to do on the treadmill while I watch Gilmore Girls. Thank goodness for netflix!

April the Giraffe still has not had her baby.

I'm down a bit from my high this week, a pound down since last Saturday, but still not at my low. I think I haven't been as focused this week so it's time to get back to it full force. Started with my usual "gruel" aka steel cut oatmeal and I'm not going out to eat. It's so much easier to stay in my little bubble when I don't go out to eat and I don't have house guests. I get to take a breath today, then company comes back in tomorrow.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gorgeous sunny but cold day here today. The geese are flying - south instead of north. Hmmm. What's with that?

Went out for breakfast with my man and am now back to try to get stuff done before we take off this afternoon. I seem to be spending too much time out of the house lately - a reception in Brockville followed with a wedding rehearsal in Kingston at 5 so it'll be a late supper tonight. I have corned beef in the crockpot so we will be celebrating St Paddy's Day tonight if at all. Otherwise I see Reubens my future.

Time to crank up my normal Saturday morning stuff although my vote would certainly be for fun today!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

No corned beef here Ruth. DS loves it so did my ex husband. I would only eat the cabbage and the boiled potatoes. Hope you enjoyed today's events! Your social calendar is jammed packed lately.

Beth I vote for a fun day too....albeit I voted late in the day.

Pearlrose enjoy the movie with DD

Amy I used to be able to run on the treadmill while watching TV. For some reason when I am on the bike I prefer to use a cycling video or online program. Seems like my legs stop moving and I pay more attention to the TV. Can't do that on the treadmill lol

Survived another St. Patrick's Day. Dare I say in 14 years this one was uneventful and I am not complaining. Although the anxiety of waiting for the hammer to drop isn't easy either. I guess you could say we had the luck of the Irish on our side yesterday. Not sure if this made the news by anyone (my mom saw it by her in Virginia) sadly a FDNY EMT was killed Thursday. I am very grateful one of our guys was on his way to work and was there by happenstance. Ironically he was using Waze (GPS app) to avoid traffic which put him right there. He was able to arrest the suspect before he could flee the seen. Such an incredibly sad day for her family, friends and colleagues.

Not much on the agenda tonight, just laundry and an early bed time. I promised myself no matter how tired I am I am riding right after breakfast. I think my hormones are really out of whack this month as I have felt off all month. Still under goal which is great, but need to regain my mojo. I did re stock up on fruits and veggies last night so I am off to a good start.

Have a good night.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from Delta. We are supposed to have an above freezing day with sunshine before chilling off again.

Well, the reception in Brockville was a major bust! We arrived to find the hostess had been taken to hospital with a severe heart attack. The Parson and I ended up in the intensive care comforting the family. (Not my area of expertise but I did help, I'm told.}

Then we dashed along the 401 to get to the wedding rehearsal - late because we got lost in the industrial wasted of Kingston thanks to the GPS. (I have a good sense of direction but B. has not and swears by the GPS. ) We finally found the venue complete with a wedding "Planner" who apparently had never planned a wedding with a real minister. We worked out the logistics and then went back to the brides's house to finalize the service details.

Drove home in the dark through a forested area and saw at least a dozen deer crossing the road. Home, corned beef and some wine sure felt good.

Off to Church with B shortly so need to tiddle up since the eyes of the Village will be upon us. I have to spend the rest of today doing survival stuff like laundry so I don't go under completely this very busy week. I must figure out clothes for Florida. Paul's guys will be here to paint my bedroom and one guest room so things will be chaotic. I was really hoping this could be done when I'm in Florida but that would be too simple!

Not really whining - well, maybe a little - but am running short of "me" time.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Jennifer - that was on the news. So tragic and senseless.

It's actually snowing here right now! It's not sticking, it's like 40 something degrees out. I hope it stops asap - my sister is coming and I wanted to take her to "my" park and beach for a walk. Tomorrow we're going to see the cherry blossoms - we're going to walk around the tidal basin and lunch in Georgetown.

I was hanging onto my weight like grim death, then overnight bam! down 1.2 I saw my sister after I lost 25, now I'm at 32 so I'll be curious if she can notice. I'd like to be down 40 by easter. My next short term goal is 1.4 lbs away which is losing 15%.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Amy and chicks to come. The cherry blossoms are so pretty and smell devine! Enjoy your visit with your sister. Isn't it great getting a "whoosh" from the scale. You are doing great!!!

The snow spared us, well it snowed just didn't stick to the pavement. Thank goodness because my driveway still have icy snow stuck to it. Today's agenda is pretty low key. Not rushing at all, getting a good indoor ride in to break my rut before heading to Joe's. I did manage to get a solid 8 hours of sleep last night with only 15 min restless according to Fitbit. I was exhausted all week. It seem like when TOM shows up all I want to do is sleep. I also realized this past week that I have been craving sweets and carbs big time. I managed to talk myself out of "trigger" food purchases this week. I did buy oranges and grapes. I haven't bought fruit other than apples or strawberries in ages. I will make the fruit my before bed snack as not to overdue it.

Time for one more cup. Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Well I did my bad here and stayed in bed too long this morning it sure felt good while I was doing it. It's late I'm super pressed for time still enjoying coffee but haven't made my smoothie. Oh well.

Jennifer, yes I did read about your EMT. So sad. It seems her children have a very good attitude.

Amy, congratulations on thescale move again

Ruth, what a hectic and somewhat tragic day. Hope Today is better!

I guess I'd better get moving. At least I know where my car is this morning LOL
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #11  

Good morning, chicks. Four sunny days in a row; no complaints there! When I wake up and it is sunny it really lifts my mood.

Yesterday was an very productive chore day. Today I am hoping to twist DH's arm into going to an RV and Boat Show. The only problem is it would be about a 2 hour drive so I am not sure he would go for it. We shall see. If we don't go I may have to do some online garden shopping/dreaming instead.

Amy, congrats to you!! Your success and enthusiasm really helps this old timer stay on track.

Ruth, what a mixed up day. I bet the Parson was glad you were along. Have a good one today.

Debbie, I slept in the last 2 mornings and it felt great. Must be I needed it.

Jennifer, I am glad you had an uneventful St. Pat's day. Enjoy your day off.

Pearlrose, did you end up going to the movies?

I bought groceries yesterday but I need to write out a meal plan for the week. It makes life SO much easier when I am in the throes of the work week.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday turned into a long day, went with DH to help one of his friends out, then met my DD's in the town with the mall and we went dress shopping for DD2, we found a dress she liked and fit well and got her shoes, so can cross that off the list. Then we came back home and then DD2 and I went out to the movies and it was great btw and then went grocery shopping after the movie, so we did not get home til 10:30 p.m. The good news is nothing is on the agenda today other than packing up stuff, my items still haven't come in to Home Depot so can't schedule installs until they come in. I have a virtual class all next week from home and it's the last one to do and then I get my ITIL Expert certification so I really need to concentrate (I kinda of wish they hadn't gone 100% virtual with all of their classes, I think this one would have been better of in person)

Beth I slept in the past 2 days as well, felt great hope you can go to the show today

Jekel I did see that on the TV so sad for the family, hope you have a good day

Amy congrats on the scale moving, you are motivated to stay on track Have fun with your sister

Debbie hope works goes by quickly for you

Ruth sounds like you are a very busy lady these days, you might have to build in a me day before your trip to Florida

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote