South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thumbs up The Week of December 12 to 16th - a busy one!

We had a big dump of white stuff yesterday and overnight. By 6 PM it was quite beautiful and I finally got some Christmas Spirit. Heather and Steve popped in mid afternoon and put up my outside lights so it was quite a lovely evening. (I just realized the lights are still on out there and that means the dusk-dawn timer is not working!) Reliable Richard has ploughed the lane - the second time this year. Last year he was here only three times but I think we've already had more snow that we had all last year. (He'll be smiling all the way to the bank since I pay him per job rather than a yearly contract.)

The dogs were OK with the snow this morning and braved the deck steps after just minor hesitation. There is lots of snow but it didn't drift enough to make the steps disappear. Millie dislikes the snow on her tummy and gives me the "I want a litter box" look when she ventures out. I'll go out and do some potty-paths when the snow stops falling. May as well get used to it since a snowy winter is predicted.

I have a plan for today which, aside from shovelling, includes mailing the parcel to Nanaimo and setting up the Bling Tree in the parlour and decorating it with what I have after my sale of some of the sparklies. (I bought a bed and mattress for guestroom #2 but that won't help with the tree. I'll decorate it with what we have and then get some el-cheapo stuff in town if needed. )

Time to get my butt in gear and brave the elements. 'Tis the season to be jolly which reminds me I need to order holly and my table centrepiece. (The bubbly is already ordered, received and paid for. It will stay at the wine store until the Eve and I already have volunteers who offered instead of being "voluntold"!

If I get the tree done today, I will switch into prep high gear.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth thanks for starting us off this week. I guess the chicks have been snowed in today lol. Odd no one checked in. Wow selling some bling paid off!!! Glad your lights are hung. I opt for battery candles in the window. I gave up on outside lights a few years ago just too cold for me.

My Aunt was kind enough to send me a wine and snack basket again this year. I look forward to it each year as I make the snacks my special New Year's Eve treat. Hopefully I am only working until 3 pm on NYE. Although that is always subject to change.

I finally hoped on the bike again today and got my food prepped for the week. I have two holiday functions this week. It is supposed to be bitter cold here Friday which figures since that party is in the city. Maybe thermals under my party attire lol.

Back to the grind tomorrow. Tonight its quality snuggle time with Coconut.

Stay warm chickies!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Didn't get here this morn. Now I am beat. New orthotics and shoes at the same time. Decided I won't keep the shoes. Had to come down to Costco afterward to pick up a prescription. Now I am joyfully sitting waiting for DH to get his pizza. He's back see you all tomorrow.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening. Busy day at work, robotics club after, squeezed in a workout since I had dinner in the crockpot (pork roast). Spent a few minutes decorating after I cleaned up dinner; if I don't pick away at it it won't get done, not will it??

Going to surf and read a bit; probably won't stay awake for long.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Whew! I was worried and feeling somewhat bereft. I worry when I do not see my Beach Buddies.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:15 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Time got away from me yesterday was busy with work and never stopped in to say Hello. I finally had a full day of op eating yesterday and got rewarded with seeing the scale go back down, so now to stay op except for just a couple of days of off plan and should be good to go, I did throw away a half full box of cookies that I couldn't resist and was part of the problem, never should have bought them in the first place. I did get my Christmas cards (for the most part) finished and in the mail yesterday.

Well half the lights in the Christmas tree won't light up and I just bought a new string of lights this year. I bought another set last night but the colors don't match so I will be removing one and adding another string once I figure out which ones match. I got the twinkling white lights to change it up this year.

Today is the day DD2 gets her toe surgery done so will be getting her out of school a bit early as we took the last appointment of the day.

Ruth stay warm with all the snow, we had snow this morning but it sure sounded like sleet to me, the ground is too warm so it's not sticking and it already ended.

Jekel I think thermals under your party attire would be fine Glad you were able to get on the bike yesterday

Debbie are you new orthotics working out at least? Always seems it is hard to find the right fit

Beth sounds like you have a plan for getting your decorating done.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:17 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

And now it's Tuesday and we've got it in gear.

Well, didn't do the tree yesterday although I did find it in the storage area. It IS pre-lit but I couldn't find the Bling. I'm sure it will show up when I do some more rummaging around up there. The storage area was originally a sauna and has no heat or light so it's not the best place for finding things. It would help if I put labels on the storage bins - a 2017 project when I de-decorate January 6th.

Not sure what the day brings except caroling on the old Church lawn at 6 PM. I am supplying the gingerbread people cookies so I hope we don't get more than 40 carolers. If it's very cold, I'll do a token drop-off rather than join the singing.

Wishing you a gingerbread smelling day!
Old 12-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #8  

Hey chicks! I'm here, it's just one busy day after another!

Meeting after school; came home and shoveled a little snow so the the new washer can be delivered. The truck has called twice to say they were delayed.....still waiting.....
Old 12-14-2016, 08:31 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Another wfh home day for me, DD2 toenail surgery went well, I had to change out the dressing this morning before sending her to school. Today is finishing up testing and lots of conference calls and then DD2 has art this evening. I happy to say I have 2 days of op eating under my belt, going for day 3. Tomorrow I have a work luncheon so might not be so easy but will do my best.

Beth did you ever get your washer delivered yesterday?

Keep warm and safe everyone!
Old 12-14-2016, 09:23 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. I am still chilled after singing carols around the bonfire last night but a hot shower will fix that. It's a beautiful sunny day but we are in very, very cold and snowy period right through to next week. We have more snow now that we had all last winter.

Michelle will be here at 7:30 tomorrow morning and has informed me that it's decorating day and then she will vacuum and dust. I have everything ready for her to carry downstairs and did find the Bling Tree stuff. I am going to have to think out what I want done since some furniture has been re-arranged since last year. I also must finalize the food for my Eve Party and make a comprehensive list. I hate doing veggie platters so will order one for pick-up on the Eve. I will make a double Taco Bake which is always a hit plus some chicken and pineapple bites for the crock pot.

Better get my butt in gear. "Less talk and more action" I can hear my Dad saying!
Old 12-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Goodmorning!

I was running behind this morning and then I had to go help my sister find her car key. She was taking mom to an appointment today and her car without the key was behind my moms car so it was worth it for me to be the finder because now they have gone and I can get back to my day. I might be back later. Have a great one everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I don't know what happened to my post from yesterday. Guess its lost in the internet.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #13  

Haha Jennifer. I had a big problem with my email getting lost last week; my sister sent me several emails that took 2-3 days to show up!

Pearlrose, it was 7:30 but the washer finally did get delivered. Looking forward to washing with confidence again. And I noticed the same thing as you; I had some major off plan foods over the weekend but a few days of pretty clean eating has dropped almost 3 pounds of water weight! Glad DD is doing well.

Ruth, we are looking at sub zero tomorrow night; it was really snowing and blowing on my way home today.

Debbie, families are great but a little time apart is always good! lol

Time to check on dinner.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Yup! It's winter! We are heading into a polar vortex - formerly a cold snap. I lugged the garbage to the road an hour ago for tomorrow pick-up and my legs are still chilly. Time for the flannel-lined cords for outside stuff followed by longjohns from my days of skiing!
Old 12-15-2016, 07:05 AM   #15  

Good morning,

It is going to be a chilly day today right now it is 3 degrees and I have to go into work today. Brrrr I will be bundled up and have my winter boots on. Today is our Christmas luncheon for our team should be fun event through it will probably not be op, I will do my best to stick to small portions.

Hope everyone stays warm in this cold spell we are having.