South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-15-2016, 07:19 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Rose and those to shiver in later. The good thing about this cold is it may kill off germs. A lot of folk in the Village are down with that awful flu.

Michelle comes shortly and we have a full but fun day ahead. Decking the Halls comes first and there will be cleaning later if time. I'd rather be decorated than dusted. I have lots of other stuff to do but tree etc. comes first. (I wish I'd remembered to get the traditional Irish Cream for our coffee.)

Have a good day, Beachers!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:58 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It's warm here this morning. 41°. It will change. It's been snowing in the high country for a week now.

I hope this warmth comes to you soon. Enjoy your luncheon today!

Jennifer, lol on posting.

Beth, but the washer is hooked up and running.

Ruth, Enjoy decking the halls!

Me, got up early because I am on call for work today. Got several things ready for shipping and I'm going to make popcorn balls after I make my smoothie. That was my brothers request for this year. He also likes the Russian tea cakes. I cheated and bought some at whole foods yesterday. Tasted one to make sure it was OK. I will send those instead of baking. It's much easier on my waistline. I have a sewing project for my sisters gift. She loves Paris and I found a teapot for one which is the Eiffel Tower. I have some pre-quilted Paris fabric. I will make her a tea cozy to fit it. Hopefully. LOL

That's about it from Colorado. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

9:20 and the tree is decorated as is the diningroom light fixture. There are garlands over the large mirrors and Michelle is vacuuming upstairs right now. Let the games begin!
Old 12-15-2016, 05:13 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks!

Crazy cold here today with a wind chill warning for super sub-zero. The snow is blowing and drifting but we are not getting any new snow, unlike just south of me. I'm ok with it missing me!

Ruth, can Michelle swing by and help me finish?? I rarely have the energy to do much after supper. Glad you had a productive day!

Debbie, did you have to go in to work? When I was growing up my mom always made the tea cakes and I LOVED them. I don't think I would be able to have them around without eating all of them.

Pearlrose, here's to making the "best" choices you can in a social situation. I'm going to have to flex that muscle myself.

I'm thinking tacobake for dinner tonight. Time to start chopping a few veggies.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I have had my excitement of the morning. I was sitting outside with Kelly right beside me. All of a sudden Kirby starts yelping and I run around the corner. He's getting attacked by a mountain lion. So I scared him then both dogs start chasing him. Kirby came right back and I got him in the house then had to go retrieve Kelly from the back of the yard. Reinforces why I don't leave them out by themselves in the morning but I'm a little shook up. I'm going to go inside and regroup.

Beth, it was nice I didn't have to work yesterday. Stay warm!

Ruth, I'm glad you are all decorated

Rose, how was the luncheon? Stay warm!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

Yes, everyone "Stay warm" and beware of mountain lions. Wow, Debbie. That must have been a frightening way way to start the day. How the heck do you scare off a mountain lion?

Rose, how is your poor DD and her toe? Will this permanently fix the problem?

Beth, we are in the same deep freeze here but no snow ... yet! I was up for potty around 2 p.m. and it really was as bright as 7 a.m. out there. What a moon! Fahrenheit and Celcius (sp?) are the same freezing feeling when they hit -39, I think. I did not venture out of the house even once yesterday.

Jennifer, I've lost a few posts lately too. So very annoying and I may start doing them in Word and pasting them in. I hope all is quiet at work and there is no bad stuff for the whole holiday season.

Well, I am still in my jammies but am about to leap into action. Received a gorgeous poinsettia yesterday from a friend and then a surprise delivery of cut flowers from my DD who informed me my Christmas gift would be late. I think we need to plan Christmas a different way - maybe we'll do American Thanksgiving and I'll fly out for gift exchange. My parcel go there OK but it was $86 for insurance and mailing.

Not sure what the day will bring but do know I need to venture out for some veggies and may some wine since we are to get snow tomorrow. It's also major collection day for the Food Bank and I need to gather a few things and do my usual donation cheque.

Have a great day and don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and TGIF,

Hectic morning around here but I am wfh so that makes it all better. I do have several conference calls on my agenda for today. It should be a little bit warmer today, I think we hit the 20s today.

Debbie omg that would have scared me to death. How did you manage to scare it off? Glad you were able to do though

Ruth as far as DD this time they did not put the special medicine so the toenail will not re grow there- this doc said he won't do it unless it happens twice so hopefully it will not happen again. Wow that is a lot to ship a package not much more to take a flight and deliver in person

Beth glad you got your washer delivered.

Jekel hope everything is going good for you.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! It was a Freezing Friday morning for me, -18F. Yikes! I was sure to warm up the car for quite a while before I left for work.

Debbie, a mountain lion!?! That's too much morning excitement for me.

DS2 made it home safely today. I guess if you don't tell your parents until after you are on the road they don't worry as much...or something like that. I had been texting him all week about dodging the storms. There was a lot of snow and wind the last 2 days and tomorrow into Sunday we are slated for more snow and even the chance of sleet.

Have a relaxing evening, everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote