South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, we are going to DD2 school for Veteran's day program at 10 a.m., for tonight DD2 has art class and that is it on the agenda. I did turn off my outside water last night as we had our first frost of the year this morning. Tomorrow, I am going to office they are having a special Veteran's day program for employees and then I am off with co-worker to two more Hospitals for site visits for the rest of the day, should be fun.

Mommy3crazyboys welcome to our forum, have you read the book yet? That is the best way to understand this program. Most of us on this thread are either trying to lose or are maintaining, but you are welcome to post either new threads or jump on here, but most only check in once per day if they can. I personally check in here because it helps me keep up my motivation going to stay on plan if I am checking in for the most part and it also helps me get back on track when I fall off. I do have an exercise thread where you can keep track of your exercise if you do.

to everyone else

Have a great day.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon!

This morning came and went way too fast. I can skip the details. you all know. LOL. I did get another 5 feet of flower bed switched out. It's a gorgeous day! Now I am down in Denver with my mom at a doctors appointment. Kirk went with us and I dropped him off at the music store. Got 12 more bags of soil now just to figure out how to get them in.

Mommy3crazyboys, welcome! this is a Great place to start! Pretty much anything goes. PearlRose had great suggestions. Ditto to all that. I check in here every day. Mostly I don't talk about my weight but I am maintaining my losses. My life is super crazy here so these friends help keep me grounded in a food plan. welcome!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:09 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks!
Crazy week here; I am ready for the long weekend. I can't believe Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away.

Pearlrose, I remembered to warm up the car while I took out the trash today so I didn't have to scrape.

Debbie, I would love to have some more time to work in the garden but the days are flying by.

Mommy3crazyboys, welcome! As already stated above: read the book, search the recipes here and feel free to post and ask any questions you want. We often have a "what's for dinner" thread going; you can post your menus or get ideas there. (And as the mommy of 2 crazy boys, good for you for trying to take care of yourself!)

to Ruth, Jennifer and Jenne!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:17 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work, busy day of traveling about sites but should be a good day to do it. Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:23 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 5"

Heading to my parent's house today to meet my brothers and do some cleanup in preparation for selling it. Mixed emotions there.

Have a great day and thanks to all who served! (I'm including you, Jennifer)
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Feeling very sad today as I got news overnight that one of my granddaughter's boy friend was killed in a highway accident out in Nanaimo. I am going to save some tears for the 11 AM wreath laying at the War Memorial in Ottawa. She lost her grandfather suddenly in September and was starting to recover.

Anyhow, I did make it to town yesterday and got some fabric to finish piecing a quilt that another quilting biddy had screwed up by using gloomy and dark batik fabrics. A yellow border will fix that up. It was really cold and windy and I realized it's time for the winter coats.

Food has not been good. It's hard to cook for one and I can't exist on smoothies which I am beginning to hate. The focus right now has to be on controlling my darned blood sugar which has been running quite high. Yes, I am taking my meds and getting more rest. Woke at 7 this morning so I guess I am now used to the time change.

TGIF and nothing is planned for the weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #22  

Height: 5'4"

Long week - but food intake has been pretty good. Trying to get back into the habit of being here at lest weekly, preferably daily, but one day at a time!
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Pearlrose and to who serve or served, Happy Veterans Day. I've been missing most of the week due to you guessed it work lol. Yesterday was the funeral. Even though the occasion is somber I do enjoy running into so many wonderful people I've met from my career. Today I was "summonsed to the palace" otherwise known as Grand Central Terminal. It seems to be the hot spot for pop up protests lately. Today was Metro North's Veterans Day Ceremony. The bag pipes play, a few speeches and of course the presentation of the flag and a memorial wreath is hung. I really enjoy being at GCT for it. I'm back there again tomorrow as a HUGE protest is scheduled.

Ruth....do you have any friends that might like to share crock pot cooking? If three people make one crock pot meal and share it, you would have more meal choices with less cooking for you. I'm a solo cooker too. I find the crock pot to be my best friend especially this time of year. I do a lot of repetive eating, but I enjoy what I make. To save time I like to buy pre cut frozen veggies. Just a thought Hope your blood sugar gets under control ASAP.

Debbie, you must have amazing biceps and triceps between the diner and all the soil. You really inspire all of us with your energy.

Beth I hope the weather is kind to you. Hope the white stuff holds off for a little while longer.

Pearlrose, do this kids run the concession stand or the parents at the game?

Ultimatebea glad you are doing well Nice to see you today.

Mommy3crazyboys welcome!!!! I was new to SB a few years ago. This site has been great keeping me on track. This is the longest I've maintained my weightloss and feel great. I have some issues still with mindless binge eating so I do need to constantly monitor my weight and food choices. I've accepted this is a lifelong commitment and that's ok. I am committed to making sure I eat well, exercise and don't beat myself up anymore for not being perfect. The recipe section is great!!! I go back to the book ocassionally when I seem stuck. I tend to overdo it with nut servings lol. Please ask questions as they come up. Its nice having new people join the group. Welcome!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote