South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Glorious Fourth!!! Happy Birthday, America!

And a grand morning it is. I have my stars and stripes hanging in full glory on the front porch - my maternal grandfather was Irish American so I am 1/4 American. He swam the St Lawrence to be with my Grandma and never did get his Canadian citizenship.

Yesterday I completed my last official duties as Mill Treasurer -paid the outstanding bills. They go out in the mail today and may not get there until late as we are on the cusp of a postal strike. Today I change the cheque signing authority at the Bank. I'll still have some Mill duties but not money hassles.

Late getting going this morning because my laptop was locked - must figure out how that happens. I'm off for Monday coffee time and then to the bank.

Enjoy your day, American Cousins!
Old 07-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and happy Fourth of July!

I've been multitasking this morning and it was so nice and peaceful in the yard. Town is quiet. It's hard to believe that in a matter of hours this whole place is going to turn in sane! We do have fireworks in town this year so there will be people everywhere! Work went well yesterday and I'm ready to do it again! Thanks South Beach for granting me a healthy lifestyle!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 07-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning DH is working and I've got the usual long list of chores, made even longer because I work the month of July so no more free time. Doesn't feel like a holiday in my quiet little nook, but we are preparing for fans, music, and noise to protect Cricket from the bangs tonight. She really hates those noises and hides under the bed all night.

This is the year the garden work doesn't end. I almost had the garden fully planted and it was time to pull the radishes, mustard, and turnips out (the heat made them bolt so we had greens, no actual turnips). Yesterday I gave up on my drying beans after replanting once with no luck. replanted that bed. I know the peas are done, but I need a break, so I'll leave them in the ground a little longer. Garlic will come out next week and I'll have another bed to plant. It might really be time to stop adding new beds!

Ruth - Happy freedom from Mill bookkeeping day! The trick is to avoid taking on new jobs to fill all that "free time" you will have now

Debbie - I want half your energy Hope it's a good day at work, worth all those tourists coming and going.

Rose, Jennifer, and other chicks to come.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-04-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy 4th!

It is raining yet again today but is supposed to leave shortly yea!!! Tonight am supposed to go to a co workers apartment in the city that has a great view of the fireworks.

Ruth yea for last day of treasury duties

Debbie hope your pockets get full today

Cyndi your gardening sounds like a full time job

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 07-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy 4th, chicks!

Ruth, congrats on officially passing the Treasurer duties. Btw, we are a mixed family as well. I have a forefather who was a commander for the Americans while DH has a relative who was a Loyalist that received a land grant in Ontario for his service. So I say we can both celebrate all the holidays we want!

Debbie, glad yesterday was a good one and hope today is too!

Cyndi, I hope your garden gives you lots of stress relief rather than causing stress! Did you say you are working at a camp this month?

Pearlrose, it is awesome to have a private view of the fireworks away from the crowds. When we first moved to our current house we could watch from the kitchen window but somehow the trees have grown too tall in the last 20 years! lol

We are having friends over for a BBQ tonight. I already made mac salad with the garbanzo bean pasta. Yum.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday DH and I went to get produce and I couldn't resist the fresh strawberries. I came home and searched for a SF jam recipe.

This is one I found (and check out the website name. This is someone after my own heart)

http://livinghealthywithchocolate.co...erry-jam-2806/

I had to do some quick searching to double check arrowroot but it's SB approved. I'll let you know how the jam comes out.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Beth - That's one of the recipe blogs I follow. Can't wait to hear about the jam. Yes, I'm working at summer camp in July. It's a 21st Century grant program, middle school. I'm also working ESY Fridays.
Closed Thread