South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tuesday Beach Chat May 24th

No catchy title, can't think without my coffee. Anyone care to join me?
Old 05-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tuesday Twitters

Lots of twittering happening this morning but I sure don't mind being awakened by birdsong and wafts of lilac scents coming in the window. We had a lovely four day weekend and the weather is supposed to stay warm and sunny for the rest of the week. Summer's here unofficially.

After I balance the long weekend "loot" from the Mill, I am going to do some outside stuff that's been neglected. Sweeping off the deck would be a good start and swapping the bird winter diner for the hummingbird feeder. I also want to set up my kitchen herb pots out there for easy snipping. 'Tis the season for sure - summer seems to have rushed in.

The "girls" are coming over for a glass of wine after work tonight and I must make sure to have crackers to go with my cheese assortment. I may also do veggies and dip - asparagus, maybe?

Hope your Tuesday is terrific.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

It's a dark and dreary start to the day. I just wish I could sleep in. Was up again before 5:30, but forced myself to stay under the covers. Nothing thrilling here today, just going back to work.

Beth you have every right to be a proud mama. Very impressive career choice!

Cyndi I'm sure you and Beth are counting down the days until summer break just like the kids lol

Pearlrose when do you go for the biopsy? I know how unnerving they can be. I still get nervous every year before my annual appointment.

Debbie you are feeling better and rested from your trip.

Ruth are they holding you hostage at the mill? We missed you yesterday.

Have a great day!
Old 05-24-2016, 06:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to see another Early Chick in here. Of course, I'll join you for coffee! I'm in need of a second cup.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:38 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I'm feeling much better and need to get back into the swing of things. Work today and I might just head right down afterwards to the garden center. Tomorrow is D Day. I must install an irrigation system in my greenhouse. The plants are big enough they need to go in the beds and tomorrow is my only day. It seems much smarter to do all the irrigation stuff while plants can still be moved outside. I'm going to resist buying a bunch of plants.lol. Mostly I need a weed digging helper these days. I tried out my new edger/mini tiller after work yesterday. It's sure easier than digging.

I'll join in coffee drinking then need to get to work.

Have a great day everyone!

Congrats, Beth, on DS graduation. My dad was a ME.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:54 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning early chicks! Somehow I'm ready with a minute to spare this morning. I guess I could go to work early but I'd rather stop for coffee with all of you!

We have another lovely day of sunshine here. Ruth, I suspect your climate is like ours: when it decides to come summer seems to arrive overnight. 10 days ago we had snow flurries for Pete's sake and yesterday it was 85*!!

I picked up a few tomato plants and got them in the ground after work yesterday so now I'm in the same ballpark as you, Debbie, I need an afternoon of weed digging. Maybe I will sneak in a bit of time outside today.

Debbie and Jennifer, have a good day at work. And yes, Jennifer I am counting down the days, but partly to keep myself on track with prep for the state exam.

Ruth, enjoy your outside time and visit with the girls.

Guess I need to get going. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Beth19; 05-24-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Well chicks, my surgery was Thursday, and supposed to be home in 1-2 days and got home yesterday. TMI - urine retention. We won't mention the pain nor the waxing and waning temperature too.

It's been a heck of a few days, and since I barely ate for those days, the diet is definitely out the window. I am interested to see what the scale says, but that also means a walk up 1/2 flight of stairs .

I am so tired right now, and have discovered all I can do is a whole lot of nuttin'. Anyone wanna come join me? It's supposed to be a beautiful day. I can go sit in my glider rocker in the sun - sounds like something Cyndi would want to do with me?

Okay - I'm off! (to do nothing, LOL)....
Old 05-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

In office today with lots of meetings scheduled. Nothing on the agenda this evening probably watch some season finales. DD2 last day of school is today, she is excited.

Jekel I go in next Thursday for the biopsy and yes nervous about it.

Ruth enjoy your day, I did yoga this morning and listened to the birds chirping it was relaxing

Debbie hope you are able to get your irrigation in tomorrow

Beth enjoy your day

Twynn welcome home, glad the surgery went well and hope you get to feeling better soon. Sitting in a glider in the sun sounds good.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Closed Thread