South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 03:41 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday SBD Chat, March 28

Good Morning!

I've had a cup of coffee accomplished some paperwork and now I will nap before work. We weren't crazy busy yesterday which was fine with me. I think a lot of churches have food events after service. My neighbor came in with her Son and mentioned how "quiet" it had been at our place. She has two big Airedales who bark like crazy at the passers by. I mentioned that Bing had passed and that Kirby had gone through "no bark" therapy. LOL At the mention of Cocker Spaniels, her Son proceeded to tell me about his CS Rescue guy, Oreo, who was now 12-13 and deaf. I got the invite to come meet him after work. He was just adorable and reminded me so much of Bing....just a little darker colored. It got me wanting to find another rescue guy but I'm going to be smart and wait until Kirk is back from Denmark and I've made my trip to Vegas.

Today, just another work day. I've had a little coffee and paid a few bills. I'm going to enjoy a Sudoku and then take a pre-work nap. Life is exciting....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-28-2016, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Glad yesterday wasn't too crazy, Debbie. for Bing. I'm down to 2 cats, I'm pretty sure that's illegal for a crazy cat lady, but with me not working I don't want to get another one yet. But my old guy is the upper end of 16...

(and the cats loved that the hubby and family were gone, I let them stay out all night. Walter the Magnificent was more than happy to sleep all night with me )

I'm off to join a friend for breakfast. DH texted they left at 6:15 (!!) so they'll be home earlier than I thought...I might get the grocery store trip in before then, and that's about it!

Have an okay Monday!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-28-2016 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tempted to nap as well but will resist. I was up for doggy duty at 3 and never really got back to sleep. I have a "few" things to do before the Pypers arrive this afternoon - just Margo and Glenn, not the kids with their SOs and three extra dogs. A nice change from the usual brouhaha!

This week is a busy one with several student interviews scheduled - they all look good but we still don't know how many positions we are funded for! We applied for seven but will probably be approved for four or five.

Sure was a lovely day yesterday and my crocuses burst into bloom. However, today we have rain and t-storms, then two lovely sunny days with more rain which should clean things up and add some more water to Lake Sheridan. I see snow in next week's forecast. "April is the cruellest month."

Big boom of thunder just now and Millie lept onto my lap. Guess I'd better batten down the hatches and hope the power stays on. I don't want to be cooking my roast beef dinner in the BBQ on the deck in the rain!!

Happy Monday! A holiday around here.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. Sounds like everyone is ready to tackle the day and get some stuff done. lol I'm sipping coffee and then will also tackle laundry and finish up those taxes. Had a lovely family dinner yesterday but it was a long drive home. Still, worth it.

Ruth, no crocuses here but my mom had daffodils in central NY; spring is coming!
Old 03-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. I over did it yesterday and did not care lol. I haven't cooked a holiday dinner in ages. Granted it was just Joe and I for dinner. Dinner at DS's dad ran way late. DS left with enough food for a week lol and the leftover pie. We watched college basketball and chit chatted. It was actually a nice day.

Today is P1 shocker lol. I do need to get groceries for the week, get my oil changed and get my sister a birthday gift. She turns 60 Wednesday. We are going to the movies and dinner.

Beth glad you have today off and had a nice dinner yesterday with your family.

Ruth I hope you don't lose power!!!

Tammy how old do cats normally live? I am always amazed how some animals live long lives yet others have short lifespans.

Debbie glad you weren't too busy yesterday. I'd rescue more dogs if I had a normal schedule. Gulp when the time comes for my two I have told myself I will wait until I retire. I feel guilty leaving them so long. Maybe I could foster dogs short term. My neighbor does lol they just adopted Mr Wilson a daschund mix. They seem to fall in love with their visitors frequently.

Stay dry today if you can
Old 03-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone,

Just popping in that we made it home, I already unpacked and cleaned house and now am doing laundry. 10 hours in a car drives me crazy but we had a good time even though it rained almost the whole time we were there.
Closed Thread