South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 05:26 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday SBD Chatting, March 21

Good morning!

We went to bed early here last night and guess what Lol got to that point where I couldn't sleep anymore. I've been meandering around the house drinking coffee, brushing the dog, brushing the cat, making my smoothie for work and trying to be quiet.

What a difference a day makes. It's 39 balmy degrees here this morning. A nice change from the 12° we saw yesterday. It should be almost 60 here today which is the warmest day of the week. I'll take that. The snow all melted and I can see my lawn again.

After the trip last week I had really decided it was time to get seriously back on plan. Today is day three and I am feeling pretty good. I'm glad I decided that before I got the invitation in the mail for the wedding in May. I rather like that I made the decision for myself and not for some future event. My nephew and his gal of many years are getting married in Vegas at the Elvis chapel. My mom and husband have no interest in Vegas so my sister and I booked tickets yesterday with Southwest. I used miles and got both tickets for 11,000 total. That was pretty good. I had a feeling if we waited that would go away. So our hotel is booked and it should be interesting. They are partiers so we will just watch and shop. LOL

Have a great day everyone no matter what your agenda.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Thanks for the coffee, Fellow EarlyBird! I've never been to a Vegas wedding but I bet it could be fun. Will Elvis do the honours? I do have a fall wedding coming up - one of the Hyper Pyper "kids" is getting married and I will be there as "GrannyB". I already have a dress which is a good incentive to get back on a better food regime.

The dogs did not wake me up this morning but I woke at 2 and did not get back to sleep. Finally got up at 4 and cranked up the day - seems wrong to get up in moonlight. So silly but I was fretting about making lunch for 48 people who will be visiting the Mill the last Wednesday in April! Our events coordinator, Katherine The Great, will be in Italy so ... I'm in charge. These people are a group of lah-dee-dah architectural conservators so we don't want to just hand them a microwaved hot-dog in a napkin.

I signed up for the gym last week after my doctor appointment and fully intended to start this morning but know I won't have the stamina to do even five minutes on the treadmill, let alone the other stuff. I called my PT just now and told her Wednesday! I may head back to bed for a bit or try an afternoon nap since I've already had two coffees. The dogs are back asleep, of course!

Happy Motivated Monday.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooh, never have coffee when you wake up that early, Ruth! I hope you get some more sleep. Is there something interfering with your sleep? Did you talk to your doctor about it? As for the gym - I really need to start going to the therapy pool, but 1) the open times (with adults only) are during my nap time and 2) does that mean I have to shave?

Debbie - WOW, 60 degrees sounds lovely! I just rattled off to DS that it's 22 out right now, and a high of 41. I believe your weather will drift east for us in a few days, but I honestly haven't looked that far ahead yet.

No big plans today, I always use Monday to recup from the family being home for the weekend. I keep thinking of making a run to TJMaxx, I might do that if I'm up to it. (shhhhh, don't tell DD!) DD does have a volleyball tournament this afternoon, DH wants to go. The games are only 8 minutes long?! Really?

I guess I should plan dinner too...
Old 03-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Ok, not sure what is up this morning but this is the third try at my post... Exactly how did I lose the first two???

Anyway, good morning and may it be a motivated Monday chicks. This is the start of my spring break so I am motivating myself to put together a list of chores for the week. If the weather cooperates I will do some yard cleanup but I am not sure if that will happen. But I must do some cleaning, sort some stuff to donate, finish my taxes, etc. But it is nice to sip my coffee without distraction.

Debbie, a Vegas wedding sounds like it could be fun and entertaining. Glad you sister and you can go together.

Ruth, hope you can get a nap in. Can you delegate some of the luncheon responsibilities?

Tammy, your excuses for avoiding the pool made me laugh! I had the same thought recently; if it is spring and I pack away my tights I may have to buy some new razors!!! I recently had a HUGE score at Kohl's ($129 purse for $6.08 after markdowns, a coupon and Kohls cash!!!) and I wish you good luck on your trip

While on break this week I am also going to consciously avoid falling into the black hole of facebook, shopping online, etc...It is too easy to get sucked into the cyber world. But I will not go without checking in here!

Jennifer, DS2's morning classes are cancelled until the storm passes.
Happy Motivated Monday, chicks.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:33 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, I am hoping I get to tomorrow as well as I will need to pack and pick up car rental for our trip on Wednesday. Right now my calender is good for wfh but if any interviews are scheduled will make a difference.

Debbie that was a great deal for 2 tickets. Sounds like it will be a fun trip for you and your sister

Ruth sorry you woke up so early on your own, I only woke up 20 minutes early but still laid in bed until alarm went off

Tywnn I am waiting until tomorrow to shave before the trip lol

Beth enjoy your week off.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-21-2016, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

So much for riding outdoors. Thanks to a blanket of white I'll be spending time with my indoor trainer sigh.

Tammy you are too funny. My BF Gina always tells me spring officially arrives when she shaves her legs. She makes fun of me because I do it daily! What can I say I get in a routine and just stay with it lol. Just checked the freezer stash and guess what I'm having this week.....our favorite Creamy Mexican casserole lol. This one is vegetarian.

Ruth sorry you can't seem to turn your brain off. I have the same issue. I have may my bedroom a work free zone. When my wind wanders to work issues I have to force myself to stop and think about something I enjoy. Sometimes it helps. Hope you get some rest. Order the fancy people gourmet pizza and be done with it lol.

Beth have a great week off!!! Plan something fun not just chores. Life is too short.

Debbie the wedding sounds like fun. I've been to Vegas once. I'm not into the party scene nor crowds. The best part of the trip was seeing the Grand Canyon, Red Rocks and the Hoover Dam. We went when DS was 8. DS did enjoy the sights.

Today is just my usual errand day before going back to work tomorrow. I do need to call 1PP (you know Tom Selleck's office on Blue Bloods) lol. I am working on a little mission for a gentleman who is planning a trip into the city on Easter to is it the NYPD Memorial in Battery Park. He is disabled and will be traveling with his 88 year old parents. They are coming to see the Memorial where their brother/son's name is engraved who was an NYPD officer who died from 9/11 related illness. Our paths crossed when he wrote a hand written four page complaint letter about lack of services for disabled commuters at Penn Station. Just trying to help.

Gotta get me more coffee before I'm motivated to do anything lol
Old 03-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

another Monday late day fly by for me. A lot on my brain, hopefully some of it will be settled tomorrow.

We made it through Monday, now on to the rest of the week
Closed Thread