South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 06:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday February 10

Try hard to be thankful after struggling with the new laptop and then losing my post. *Sigh* Never mind - the coffee's good, the house is warm, the lane is already ploughed and the garbage organized for a quick lug to the road once I am warmly dressed for the trip.

I AM thankful for two warm dogs lying on my feet and time to sip a second cup of coffee before I make the trudge outside. We are heading into Arctic weather for the weekend and it's Delta winter carnival weekend. I am to be there for the ribbon cutting and may dig out my fur coat and hat for the occasion.

Enjoy this crisp new day.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The cold is coming here too. Today is the start of a plunge into 'stay at home with a good book and tea' weather. Back when it was warm every day I signed up to help on a field trip today. We are taking a group of kids snowshoeing and cross country skiing. The older I get the less I tolerate cold, so not really looking forward to today. I keep reminding myself that in a normal winter I'd be able to handle low 20s in February. I'm sure it will be beautiful there and I'll have fun Just need to get my mind in the right place.
I am grateful for a cozy home with heat and cuddly creatures and plenty of tea
Old 02-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We are also battening down the hatches for COLD to come this weekend. I think the high Saturday may struggle to get to 0.

But the coffee is hot and the wood rack full. We have break next week which is nice. No big plans yet but if the snow stays I may finally be able to try out the snow shoes I bought last summer.

Ruth, be careful hauling that trash! This was the time of year that a few years back I slipped on the ice and ended up with knee surgery. I'm letting DH take care of ours today.

Cyndi, I hear you on the cold. I am also less tolerant of it as I age.

Got to fly! Have a great day chicks!
Old 02-11-2016, 07:20 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is another cold day we have a break in snow until this evening so I am going in to work today. Hopefully the secondary roads will be good.

DD2 really did not want school to be canceled today as the Valentine's dance is this evening.

Ruth be careful taking the trash out.

Cyndi I am with you the older I get the more I hate the cold weather. I only like it if I am skiing

Beth hope your day goes by quickly.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-11-2016, 07:40 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Got up early as I need to be on the road at 7 AM to take my mom to her doctors appointment. I was thinking of driving my car because the bike is on the rack but it's still going to be a little chilly think I will save the gas and miles and drive moms car. Will make a pledge to take the bike off when I get home and write a couple of blocks in town. I'm going to Utah with my sister for a biking event the second weekend of March. I am going to be the support person for the writers not participate in the events but would like to get a little bit of writing in myself. Sadly, bike legs are different than waitress legs and I was pretty weak on the bike yesterday. I know the only way to get a little stronger is to keep trying.

I better get organized here. Stay warm everyone! I think warmer weather is coming since we have it now.

Happy thankful Thursday everyone!
Old 02-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning all!

Debbie I know what you mean about bike legs lol. My first outdoor ride after training indoors is Harriman State Park. It's a good judge for me if I trained enough for my ride in May. Last year I believe I drove home in tears lol. Wish I lived closer I woukd ride with you

Ruth do be careful. Every winter we were married I this house I ended up falling on ice. Funny that hasn't happened since my divorce. Maybe because I use pool salt on the walkway. Enjoy your little feet warmers.

Pearlrose sorry DD's dance got canceled. Hope your roads are plowed. Great idea for lent! I'll join you!!!

Cyndi I don't tolerate the cold well at all. I do however love my battery powered gloves. They are the best and have made a huge difference. I bet it will be beautiful on the field trip. Maybe you might even see a nice bird or two.

Beth hope you get to try out your snow shoes next week!!! How nice having the entire week off.

As for me I am thankful for my new boiler lol. Hot showers are so nice! We too are dipping down into single digit wind chills this weekend. I have not touched the thermostat since the boiler was replaced. Let's see if my old house can hold in some heat when it gets really cold out.

I had dinner with John last night at work. There is an audit of our time being conducted which has now lead into an investigation. Our union told us to expect to be interviewed. Myself, John and another newer Captain are very stressed over this. Everyone in the command staff is being audited, not just us. It was so much simpler before this promotion. Sigh. I did tell Joe last night, which made me feel good, I need my workout time to be uninterrupted. It is the only thing saving me from resorting to old habits of comfort eating. I got my new simply fit board yesterday and had fun twisting in my living room. I think that will be next on my list after a second cup of coffee.
Closed Thread