South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 09:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default ** Merry Christmas Morning **

Good morning and may your day be merry and bright! We certainly don't have white Christmas and it's 46ºF right now. So nice not to have to wear snow boots or heavy coats for visiting today. I do see a 90% chance of snow when we hit a cold patch next week but, in the meantime, it feels like April.

My house was full last night with about 50 friends and their families here. There was an adorable baby who charmed everyone, including my two dogs and Liz's dog I an so glad those three are so good with children. My poor sore feet finally gave up around 12 and my girlfriends loaded the dishwasher and started it up before they left. (Unfortunately they knew the good china and silver did not go into the dw so I do have some handwashing to do this morning.)

I am off to Kemptville for lunch with son Jim and his family plus his inlaws. The solves the scarey drive home in the dark problem. They are 45 minutes away, some of it on bad roads. Heather,Joanne and I will have a real Christmas dinner at Karen's house. I'll take along wine and some leftovers from last night - a shrimp ring and smoked salmon are classy leftovers. I also have enough veggies and fruits with dips to open a restaurant!

Time to crank up the day, do a bit of dishwashing and then hit the road.

I hope your day is full of good things and memories. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-25-2015, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

FIFTY people!?!? OMG. Wow. That is amazing! It had to be so much fun though, I would have loved it!

We are done opening presents, my daughter says, "enough of all the baking stuff!!". Well, she asked for it!! My hubbie bought me a windchime I've been wanting , and a Life is Good t-shirt of a glass of iced tea that says, "Take your sweet time". LOL...because I walk *really* slow now!! OH! And heated socks!! Best. Gift. EVER!!

Emma Jean (mutt extraordinaire) is lovin' her new toy and bed, and I'm shocked the cats both like their new mice toys. Must have a tad o' nip in them .

Now time to slowly start making dinner. Turkey in later, rice for the kids since they won't eat the dressing, butternut squash casserole (definitely not SBD compliant...shhhhhh....), and DD is making flourless chocolate cake (OMG). and a few other very simple side dishes. I am having a couple of friends over that don't have family and don't care how dirty my house is . (It's not that bad, but I wish it was cleaner!)

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday, no matter how they celebrate!
Old 12-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #3  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Merry Christmas everyone

very quiet here. My sons are here and we had our traditional breakfast of homemade waffles, sausage and bacon, I know, I know. All is forgiven today right. No turkey here because we had it on thanksgiving, fillet mignon instead. Will relax with a book I got and then start dinner around 5.
enjoy your day everyone
take care
Sophie
Old 12-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate and a happy, love filled day to all. It's quiet here too. DH left for work at 6:45, so Cricket and I are just relaxing right now. I'll start cooking as soon as I finish this post. I had a last minute menu change because DH's stomach has been touchy. No lasagna for now, but we did find a fresh turkey at the Co-op the other day.

The sun is out and it's warming up. Better get cooking so I can get a couple of walk breaks in today
Old 12-25-2015, 12:10 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and a happy holiday to all!

We traveled over the hill early this morning it took an hour and 15 minutes longer than usual. Lots of snow but the roads were OK. We were going to stay in Glenwood until tomorrow morning but once we found out that the pool didn't open until noon and that our athletic club was closed we changed our plan. Kirks daughter is here from San Francisco and will bring the two grandkids up tomorrow so this turns into a quiet day off.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 12-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Merry Christmas to all of those that celebrate.

DD1 had us up super early waiting for DD2 to come home so I am a bit tired right now. We opened up presents then DD2 went to bed. DS and GF are on their way so I will start lunch/dinner around 3.

Packed up pretty much just need toiletries and ready to go on trip tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time today
Old 12-25-2015, 02:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Christmas, everyone!

I have a short hiatus between the "breakfast bunch" and the "dinner bunch", and I'm relaxing and taking advantage of it. Family and friends have been in and out all day yesterday and today, but I adore it. We had our traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner that lingered all afternoon yesterday, and went to a beautiful Mass last night. This morning, the kids came and cooked breakfast, and I'm doing dinner. We're having ham & turkey, plus all the trimmings, and our birthday cake, which this year is an Italian Love Cake. (Paula Dean's recipe, BTW)
Closed Thread