South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday's Here!!! SBD Chat for 11/6

Good morning. Coffee's on. This morning, it's Pumpkin Spice.

Foggy outside!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:21 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Call me old-fashioned but I just love my organic rain forest blend with the little Almond milk creamer in it. I buy my coffee and 2 1/2 pound bags at Costco and buy at 35 pounds at a time. I don't ever want to run out. LOL

Pumpkin spice does sound good though. Linda, thanks for getting us started and I hope you have a nice day off!

I've been up drinking coffee with hubby and I'm just about ready to head out to Home Depot. This could be the final day of the project. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We have the water turned off right now and we are in a situation where it can't go back on it until the bathroom sink is fixed. We cut the lines and are adding shut off valves. Unfortunately,pat and I did not have the physical strength to get some pieces off last night so my plumber is stopping over before he heads to work this morning to hopefully resolve that.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #3  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

ah coffee. I hate to admit it but I have never tried flavoured coffee. Just like Debbie we stock up on dark french roast when its on special at Costco

Linda. Enjoy your day

Debbie. I just cant believe what you tackle.

lots on my list to do today. Just where to start.
have a nice day everyone
take care
Sophie
Old 11-06-2015, 07:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmm, pumpkin spice sounds delightful Linda. We just stick with plain ole Folger's in the regular coffee pot. I made extra this AM with DH traveling and a friend coming over.

Debbie - hope it all works well with the sink and plumber! Anything exciting after that's completed?

I was SO EXCITED yesterday, I told anyone that would listen (or not, they were stuck with it, LOL). I've been thinking of looking for a recumbent bike, since that's what my PT has me use, and she's really helping my legs feel better. So late yesterday afternoon I'm taking my DD to her voice lessons and see a garage sale (who has a garage sale on a Thursday, in November, in central PA?!?), but there's a recumbent bike sitting near the road. So on the way home, we stop by, even though they're shutting down (didn't think they'd still be open at 4:30 anyways...). Well, it's the same model as my PT, so I know it's a good brand. The seat is in excellent shape, there's some rust and it needs some oil, and he says the electronics work. It's a little risky, not having an outlet. I asked him how much, and he says, "Five bucks and it's yours. I just want to be rid of the thing and not take it home". These things are $800-1500 refurbished, and over 3K new!! Get it home, and it really does work! Can you tell how excited I am?!?!

Other than that (LOL), I have a friend over for coffee this AM, have a bunch of errands with DD and drop DS off at a friends, and then the DS and friend come back for a sleepover tonight. DH just left to go to NC to see his mom and dad, his mom doesn't have much time left, so I'm on my own with the kids.

But until then....coffee....

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-06-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Pumpkin spice sounds awfully nice! Sure wish Starbucks made a sugar-free version. I'm not a coffee drinker but every so often like a flavored one.

Tammy - Score!

I'm off to the gym soon. Then I work today. My schedule has gotten a lot lighter but I wish my days were more spread out. I've been off so far all week but am now working 4 days in a row. I know why - many of my co-workers will only do middle of the week, with long weekends off.

Yesterday DH and I went to lunch at our favorite plant-based restaurant. I had a yummy vegan spaghetti squash alfredo (with nut cheese, I think) that had spinach and mushrooms. Then we visited the DaVinci exhibit that is in town now. Very interesting. It was nice to get out together and do something. He's heading back to his mom's on Saturday most of next week again. We also started figuring out our medical insurance for next year. We've been self-insured for years and the rates have gone up a ridiculous amount so we might be joining the Obamacare marketplace.

Have a great day.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:52 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Friday,

I passed my exam yesterday so that is behind me. I only have 1 class left but that will be onsite in Ft. Lauderdale so I think I will do next April, they have a class next month but that is just too soon to gear up again.

Cottage I am not a coffee drinker but I do love how great coffee smells. I had a lovely green tea this morning

Debbie hope the plumber get's it fixed for you and you get done with the project today. How much snow are you supposed to get?

Sophie, I was going to take the day off but I have some things for work I need to do today so will be working on them

Tywnn I would be excited as well, that was a score.

Karen your lunch yesterday sounded yummy. Glad you got to spend some time with DH.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ah, the flavored vs. not debate I am a purist, even drink mine black. I do like a little cinnamon sprinkled in once in awhile, and DH and I indulge in an occasional mocha on winter walk days.

I am home today. It wasn't planned, but we had DH at Urgent Care yesterday. It was a stressful morning, he couldn't get out of bed because as soon as he sat up he fell sideways. Happily it's just benign vertigo, but I did start watching for any signs of stroke as soon as it started. He isn't up yet, but was doing much better by bedtime. hope this will just be a bonus day off for both of us. Now I'm just trying not to drink all the coffee before he gets up

I will miss the amazing warm weather we had this week. It's been a nice few days and we have tried to get out and walk a little every day. It's been nice turning the heat off so much too. The 10 day still looks pretty good, just not 60s good

I think I'll make a list for the day. Might as well get a few things done while I'm home.

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-06-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Oh Cyndi. I had to reply to your email immediately. I have had horrible vertigo twice and just last month dh had it and we went to emerg because of his by pass surgery.
Dr. Told us he sees 3 or 4 people daily with vertigo.

I had an attack about three years ago and my Dr recommended lipo-flavoniod. You can buy it over the counter. I dont know if it works but I take it daily. Vertigo is horrible
take care
Sophie
Old 11-06-2015, 10:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, thank goodness it was just a bout of vertigo! Whew, that must have been pretty scary! I hope he's feeling A LOT better today, and enjoy your extra day off.

Tammy, what a fabulous find! Somebody Up There was looking out for you! I'm sad to hear about your MIL, and hope life is gentle on her.

Karen, we were sure relieved to find our health insurance is only going up $30 more a month. It could have been a lot worse! I hope you can find a good insurance with reasonable premiums, good luck!

Sophie, I'm glad your DH's awful infection is finally gone!

Debbie, I hope the plumber was able to get the parts off so you can get that job completed and be done.

I don't usually care for flavored coffee and am true to my usual Dark Roast, but my SIL turned me on to a good brand of the pumpkin spice, and I'm using it now and again for something a little different. I buy my Dark Roast by the case at Wegman's.

I got the house all cleaned and scrubbed and have all the windows open since it's supposed to warm up to 80* today! I'm just waiting to put the last load of laundry in the dryer, then I'm off to Dad's for the afternoon.

Enjoy your day!
Old 11-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in late after a fabulous evening in Ottawa with my sister and newly found artist cousin. Angela McGowan. We hit it off instantly and seem to have a lot in common. I think sister Joan may have been a little jealous. I bought a pair of small paintings from Angela - a tad lewd but here they are for you Friday giggle.

Raining but mild. Book club happens at Heather's place tonight and I do have a ride. Tomorrow I get back to alleged normal.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks. I'll chime in and say I had a dash of SF pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee this morning. It IS November you know.

Tammy, how exciting! Sounds like you got a two-fer: an awesome bargain and something that is helping your health.

Debbie, we buy at least 5 pounds of coffee every time we go to BJs. We could have used you the other day with our sink troubles; hope you got your issue resolved today.

We have had a week of crazy warm weather but today is the shift. Next up is a week of mostly sun but highs will be more seasonal.

DH and I may go out tonight; he was craving steak. I will stick to fish and salad.

TGIF!
Closed Thread