South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:39 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I fell asleep about nine. Thankfully I can sleep through anything! Woke up early and well rested.
Since we are just 18 miles west of Denver the tradition has been for a lot of families to bring their kids up here for trick-or-treating so we get lots of kids. I guess the little mountain town is a step back into the old days somehow. Our specific block has always prided itself for going crazy on the holidays and I didn't go out and do any checking but I think we again win the prize for the most hip! With the exception of me. LOL mom was home and there's no illicit activities going on. Just music, lights and some good fun! I can relate to that!

My friend and I did great at the project yesterday, but it is not finished yet we will just poke along I did a time until my next day off on Wednesday. That's Goodnuf for me!

My smoothie is ready and I think I will just enjoy coffee for now. I do have a plan to get upstairs and do a few chores before I head out to work today. Happy first of November everyone!
Old 11-01-2015, 08:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.....Debbie poor Kirby. You are a good sport putting up with all the noise. Quiet here not a single trick or treater. Penn Station was a freak show, literally! We actually had candy for trick or treaters at work. I did my good deed and gave a little police officer candy.

Tammy what are you looking to buy? I'm looking to return the unopened Halloween candy, now that's a huge milestone for me lol.

Linda not tempted by candy??? That would be a miracle for me! Sounds like your Halloween was enjoyable.

Ruth I am glad we got the extra hour today even if I woke early too. Have fun with your group.

Today is run crazy before my trip day. I did manage to research the area by the hotel. There is a Kroger 1.2 miles away and lots of great healthy choices of places to eat. I will have BBQ when I am there, after all it is Texas! I don't like going places to eat by myself and will not sit at a bar alone either. I figure after class I'll get a work out in and go walk to pick up dinner. All the places I picked are less than a mile from the hotel so I should be good.

I am very motivated going into the new month. I am only 1.5 pounds from my goal weight. Like Cyndi mentioned in the other thread, Thanksgiving is only one day.

One more coffee then I'll hit the day running. DS and I have a dinner date tonight. it feels like forever since we sat down for a meal together. Have a great day.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy November!!!!

I did end up going trick or treating with DD2 and her friends. We had some light rain but did not hamper us at all. We got some trick or treaters at the house but still have left overs, of course DD2 added her stash to the pile. I was only tempted once when I saw a reese break love them but decided no not going down that road tonight.

I found a great deal for Sam's club membership on groupon so I went and activated it yesterday, very crowded.

Ruth hope your Keurig behaves after changing the filter

Debbie that's cool that your neighborhood gets into the spirit of it. Sounds like they make it a fun time for the kids

Tywnn enjoy your day, I am doing church on the tv today

Cottage that soup sounds delish, it is definitely soup time

Jekel sounds like you have a great plan in place for your trip. I agree with you Thanksgiving is only 1 day and really only 1 meal. I will allow myself to go offplan for the one meal that day and then stay on track.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-01-2015, 09:11 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks. I too, woke up at the normal time but since DH was still asleep I just read quietly. I really only have time to sit and read on the weekend so I take advantage of it when I can.

Yesterday was productive for me: got the groceries and cleaning done. I also did chicken breasts in the crock pot and experimented with a chicken pie for dinner. I only used a top crust, shredded chicken, and tons of veggies (heavy on the pearl onions, mushrooms, celery and green beans with a few peas and carrots). I tried to make a gravy of yogurt and light sour cream. It was very moist (and delicious!) but it wasn't creamy. I'm thinking I will try again and use milk or maybe a bit of cheese.

And now I've got shredded chicken for a new soup recipe. (I just do boneless breasts in the crockpot with S & P, garlic powder, etc. and shred it after it cooks all day)

Jennifer, hope you get your pre-trip chores done.
Ruth, good that you keep the old coffee pot around!
Tammy, we also drink wayyyyy toooo much coffee for a Keurig only. It might be nice to get a small one though, for the late afternoon/evening drinks.
Linda, DH and I were joking about his "raking" job yesterday; it was called 30 mph winds on Friday!!
Debbie, have a good day at work!
Pearl, great job on resisting the candy!

Guess I should start a load of laundry. Have a great day, chicks! Happy November.
Closed Thread