South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thankful Thursday - October 29

... and it's still raining! Enough already, Patricia! I am getting organized to take off for the dentist and have absolutely no idea where to find my umbrella. Somehow, I think it's in the car UNDER the snow tires which are still there. You'd think I'd have more than one brolly!

When in the Big City this morning (Kingston), I plan to hit the Superstore for a reasonable order of veggies as I have really been neglecting salads since the weather turned cooler. It's "pre-Winter" as someone said. I'm getting "it" in gear, "it" being the winter tasks underway. The snow tires were first on my list, finding winter coats and gloves is next and then I'll start making Christmas shopping plans. I guess finding "my umbrella" may not happen before the snow comes. (I'd love it if it didn't snow until Christmas Eve.)

Thankful for wee things this morning: slept through the night, no puddles on the floor, full tank of gas, my Keurig is working again and I woke up on the right side of the grass!

Happy Thankful and Thoughtful Thursday!
Old 10-29-2015, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm thankful that the rain should be out of here shortly, and that we didn't get any flooding. It sure came down hard! I'm also thankful that today's my Friday. It's been a really busy week and I'm ready for some downtime!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/194/175

Good morning, Ruth & Linda. We got the rain from Patricia over the weekend. It was preceded by another moisture system, so it rained almost non-stop for 5 days. And, of course, my umbrella is in my car, broken
Maybe I'll remember to pick one up today. It's supposed to rain all weekend.

Up early here today. The house is still asleep, but I need to get things organized for the day's events. We've got a costume parade at school followed by class parties, then trick-or-treating at DH's work, and, finally, the local pumpkin patch to get DD's carving pumpkins. Oh, not to mention prepping the house for company for the weekend.

I'm trying to strategize my eating for the next few days. It's pizza on the menu for lunch today, our guests want to take us for dinner tomorrow, and our post trick or treating tradition is a pumpkin - shaped pizza from one of our local pizza shops. My plan is to pack lunch today, fish & veggies tomorrow night, and one slice of pizza and salad Saturday. Hope I can stick to it!

Well, off to make sure all costume parts are ready & accounted for. , all you chicks to come!

Last edited by KimStar1of4; 10-29-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kim, your activities sound like such fun! I miss having little ones around! Enjoy every moment, they grow up too fast!

Ruth, I hope you can get to your umbrella!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - thank goodness the Keurig is working! You didn't seem to get a good one...

Cottage - TGIF! Hope it goes quickly and smoothly.

I think I'm making chili for dinner tonight, it's perfect this cool and rainy weather. I have PT this AM (she didn't kill me last time, WOO HOO!), and some testing this afternoon. DD is taking voice lessons (YAY!) and has that this afternoon as well. She chose the music to "Into the Woods", *I* thought she should've gotten the Little Mermaid music. It has nothing to do with the fact she's a strong willed red head, nor that I used that music when I took voice lessons 20 years ago!

(BTW - my DD is being tested for the gifted program, only 5 kids in her grade made the cut. We didn't tell her, because we knew that ms. perfectionist would freak out, but we did tell her after the test that that was what it was for. She was so cute last night. We're so proud!! )

So I can say I'm thankful for two beautiful, intelligent children. Even if they drive me crazy some days!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Kim! Sounds like a good plan!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A nice and dry morning but there was a big halo around the moon when I went out this morning. We shall see how the day shapes up. I'm especially thankful for all of you! Thankful, too, that I can find the word "empowerment" when I don't want to do what I have to do. It's my best source for a mindshift. I've been enjoying coffee and a trip to the basement to gather all I could find for phase one of my rental project. I plan to be in and out in 3 days. Cleaning and painting and rewiring all the electrical outlets/switches. The previous tenant was there 8 years. I'll put in a good day then come home and do NOTHING. I spruced up the kitchen and washed all my veggies already.

KimStar, what busy days with the kiddos! Great to strategize food for the next few days. Have fun with costumes!

Linda, glad to hear the rain will pass without flooding and Happy Friday!

Ruth, thanks for the reminder….I am almost out of gas! Happy shopping and I hope the dentist is gentle!

Tammy, thanks for the tip on the meds! I started Kirby last night but funny thing.....he will not TOUCH the pill pockets. Apparently he has a very bad memory from his eating all Bings pills (and the pill pockets) 2 weeks ago! Congrats to DD! 2 great kids is definitely something to be thankful for!

Beth, cross town travels went well! I returned on a back road and when it said "Boulder" I headed the opposite way! Thanks for changing clock reminder! It matters when I work on Sundays!

OK, better get back to it! to all! Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:23 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Yes, rain here too, and our power was out for awhile last night. Talk about luck, the electricians were just here yesterday morning reconnecting our batteries after several months worth of work fixing a couple of problems. We do have a generator, but it's out in the shed and so much nicer if no one has to go out there to get it started Today is supposed to be warm and tomorrow our pellets get delivered, so no more heater out issues.

Speaking of thankful, and I am for so much, I am getting ready for the Gratitude Photo Challenge. I've done it before and find it really helps me focus on all the wonderful things, people, places in my life. It's a good way to get my head in the right place for the holidays and the long, dark winter months.

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-29-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to go into office today. It is only going to be 57 but the sun will be out today. Tonight DH is taking DD2 and a friend to a hockey game so I will stop on the way home and get some more veggies and fruits for the house.

Ruth hope you find your umbrella and that your keurig is working

Cottage glad you didn't get any flooding from all of the rain

Kim sounds like you have quite the weekend of activities but sounds like fun

Tywnn hope the PT goes well today for you. Congrats on DD.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 10-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Today I have my second opinion about my "botched" biopsy. Since DH is back with MIL, I'm making my mom come with me to listen and ask questions.

I'm the walking wounded now. My back, arm, neck are all hurting, probably from how I slept the other night. But it has gotten worse in the past couple of days instead of better. I had a horrible night - the only position I could lay in that didn't hurt was flat on my back with no moving. Sigh. And if this doesn't clear up soon there is no way I can position my body for another breast biopsy.

Yesterday my eating was on track, I even avoided all the junk at MIL's, but then I came home to find a package from DS's girlfriend. Pumpkin bread with Nutella. So guess what I had for dinner last night while DH was at the ballgame! All the talk on here about pumpkin bread and there is was.

Have a great day.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. I am thankful to be alive and well. Also for a great nights sleep. Hit the covers after the 11 o'clock news and woke at 9:15! Yesterday was a long somber day. Today I must get my dress uniform to the dry cleaners. Wool and rain do not mix. Had a little hiccup yesterday. While at the funeral I received notification my department vehicle was hit while parked, by another member with a company vehicle. Just lovely. Since I leave Monday I don't know when they are going to want it to go to the body shop. Ugh

Debbie 8 years with the same tenant is quite impressive

Karen I would have made the same choice mmmm pumpkin bread

Kim have fun with the family

Tammy I loved the Little Mermaid soundtrack. Congratulations to DD

Ruth my dogs despise the rain too

Beth, Linda and Pearlrose hope your day goes by smoothly and you get some downtime soon

Cyndi glad your generator is ready to go. Hope you don't need it.

Happy fall the leaves are everywhere today!
Old 10-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening! We have had alternating blustery winds, rain and a few hints of sun today. Looks like it will clear out and be sunny but cool this weekend, so I'm thankful for that. And another day at work went by with no unexpected stress. And my eating has been good so I should be close to my WL goal for the month.

Kim, it seems you have a great weekend planned! Your attitude sounds like the right one but don't beat yourself up if you don't quite stick to your eating plan.

Ruth, hope your had a productive trip to the big city! Was it windy for the drive?

Tammy, congrats to DD!! I think I mentioned I've been all about stew and chili this week.

Linda, hope your Friday went smoothly.

Debbie and Pearl, I hope your workday went smoothly.

Cyndi, that is a good challenge. I should do it in January when I have the post-holiday let down.

Karen, thinking of you.

Jennifer, what a tough day.

Got to go make dinner. Have a great evening, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-29-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Closed Thread