South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chit Chat for 3/19

Good morning!

I'm sitting here with my coffee and listening to the weatherman on TV telling us about the half foot of snow we could be getting tomorrow, on the last day of winter. Ugh.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, Cottage, I'm sorry to hear that. Hmmm, maybe I should be checking my forecast...We have single digits here this morning but it should be close to freezing this afternoon and sunny.

Just another Thursday at work, which is fine by me. Easter is so early this year we will have our spring break early as well. I'd rather have it mid-April, but apparently no one put me in charge.

Cottage, thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had a nice (but off plan, of course) dinner.

Debbie, how's the grandbaby?

I need to roll out the garbage and hit the road. Hopefully my car has warmed up enough that I don't have to scrape!

Have a great day, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 03-19-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Aaaaaawwwwwwhhhh, Cottage, why did you have to remind me of that?!? DH told me last night we're supposed to get 3-6" tonight, I had forgotten, or maybe blacked it out of my memory!

Went to my meeting in Hershey the couple of days, it went okay. I laughed because they had a scale in the hotel room, which I had never seen before. That's crazy, why would they do that - in the chocolate capital of the world?!?! Then I weighed myself- it weighs 10-20 lbs lighter! Genius! Eat more chocolate!!

The trip actually completely wore me out. I have a recheck with my surgeon and my GP today (oh fun,fun), I'm going to ask them for a neuro referral for some side effects I seem to be stuck with. The only other plan for the day is to make Hoppin John for dinner. I was going to make black beans and rice, but apparently don't have a bag of dried black beans. Oops! (gosh, and I was looking forward to it...)

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ignore the weatherman, Linda. They are wrong a lot. I guarantee that Spring WILL come. The maple trees and snowdrops can't be wrong.

Yesterday just whizzed by and suddenly ... it's Thursday! Yesterday's morning meeting was long and somewhat irritating. We have a person on the committee who ever shuts up. She interrupts people constantly and has very little useful to say. When she does it to me, I just stop dead and stare at her.

After lunch I continued straightening out accounting crud until Joanne arrived with my two newly mounted watercolours. They are not new but were done by my Aunt back in the 20's. They look lovely! She also replaced the light at the side door which has been out since Christmas. Sucks to be short!

Barb is coming this morning to get me to do her taxes and I'm hoping to go to town in the afternoon for a few things. I have Family dinner this Sunday before the kids head back to school. I guess next week will be snow tire removal week since I keep running out of time.

Did anyone see the Northern Lights last night? We were cloudy on Tuesday but last night was very clear. We drove to the top of a rather isolated hill that faced north and watched the show. Spectacular, particularly with no city lights around!

Dogs are play-fighting so it's time to crank up the day. Another coffee first though.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:15 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gotta stop being so chatty. Beth and Tammy sneaked in while I was blabbing.

Beth, up here "Spring" break is mid-March. Duh! It's not that bad if we still have snow and ice for skating and sliding.

Tammy, that is a riot about the scale. Hershey probably orders them specially to weigh light. Too funny!

Just remembered it's trash day here too so need to go into overdrive.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Went to see Selma last night it was good and one of the actors was there to do a question and answer sessions afterwards.

Today is in office day have meetings out the you know what lol can't wait til tomorrow.

Hopped on the scale this morning and it isn't pretty time to get serious and buckle down with eating.

Cottage sorry you are getting snow all we are getting today is rain.

Beth are semi spring break is Easter weekend they do not get a full week which makes it hard to go anywhere but we are going to visit my parents this year

Tywnn I think I need that scale at my home lol...actually that would not be a good thing. Hope you get some answers that are to your liking from neuro

Ruth love the stare down does it work to shut them up?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

morning fly by. It's the first of my 3.5 days off ahead of a 12 day work stretch. We slept until almost 10, so off to a good start

We missed the Northern Lights here. We thought it was too cloudy but now I wish we had gone out anyway. It's definitely on my bucket list.

I hope that snow isn't coming here Cottage. We still have two feet in the yard.

Time to run errands, do a little birding, and hang out with my guy.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! It is still morning here. I've been up but super busy. I spent the entire day in Denver yesterday making two trips. Sat with the baby all day while daddy worked and took the dog to the vet. Ended up at an AA meeting before coming home. Decided it was time to think about my own mental health. Ex-wife and husband coming in tonight they'll stay in Denver tonight and come up super early tomorrow with both the kids. We are going to dismantle the stereo and speakers from daughter's vehicle and they are taking it back with them.

The baby is getting out of the hospital today. My little handheld vac petered out so I'm running down to Denver to get a new one and pick up some groceries for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks for all your concern about the baby. He's doing better but we're trying to keep him calm and healthy as he continues to recover for these next few days. Daddy just has to keep working because rent is due soon.

Have a great day everyone! Wish I had time to sit down and chat a little bit more. Maybe someday

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-19-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Closed Thread