South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 06:22 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Mid-March Weekend - March 14th & 15th

Good morning. Coffee's plentiful and hot. I'm hoping everyone survived Friday the 13th unscathed!

I am back to my too darned early awakening! Too much "stuff" happening these days - most of it self-inflicted. Found myself in FabricLand yesterday after my haircut and narrowly escaped spending nearly $200 on fabric for a Victorian costume! The salesperson had 10 meters of fabric measured out before reality set in! I did buy some voile for a casual summer blouse. I think it's time to get back to sewing for myself again - sure hope I still know how! There is more to life than quilts and shortening slacks!

Karen and Eric (new boyfriend) are coming this morning to paint my diningroom. I hope it goes as well as the livingroom job did. Michelle and I cleared out all the crystal and china on Thursday and we'll put pads under the huge buffet and two china cabinets so they can be slid around without scratching the new floor. I've still not decided on the rugs - spent over $700 on new summer tires yesterday so it may be a while.

Aside from Karen and Eric, Joey the Aussie shepherd is coming for four days while Joanne goes off with the kids on a March break "break". Luckily he and my furries get along well. Nine pound Millie is the boss when he's here and he knows it. If Karen brings along her golden Brody, it will turn into and interesting morning. No doubt Moel will pop in with Milo the Jack Russell. All I need is for Lisa to drop in with Angus the Springer. I hope not as six dogs is a pack for sure.

Time for a quick breakfast and then I'll throw together a sausage/pepper/mushroom dish to serve in crusty rolls for lunch for the painters.

Have a happy day, Beach Babes.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Your post just got better and better Ruth! All the dogs, one by one, and then that lunch sounds delicious! Is there a recipe?

Sadly, I woke up at 6. So I came downstairs to keep psycho cat company. She is loving her one on one time now.

I think DH is going kayaking today (if not tomorrow) depending on the weather. Good - he needs to get out, and then I can rest without guilt . We've got a ton of leftovers, so we can eat those tonight and then I'll plan the menu for next week. Oops - I'll be gone Tues/WEd - do you think he'll cook?

Let's see if I accidentally fall back asleep before making coffee....
Old 03-14-2015, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I don't know who's post was more entertaining, Ruth or Tammy lol.

Tammy accidentally falling back to sleep never happens unless I get a nap late afternoon.

Ruth where will all the dogs play? Sounds more like a puppy party then an afternoon painting.

Poor Joe he hit a nerve last night during conversation at dinner and I shut down. There is always something going on with my DS. Last night the conversation lead to something that makes me sad. I'll admit I am happy for him that is kids are doing really well with school, sports, fruends etc, but it still hurts that I keep going through troubles, tantrums and drama with my own son. We went back to his house after dinner and I decided to just go home.

Today is just staying home and giving DS a ride to and from work. My neighbors come home tonight. I think their son stayed at their house last night. As the TV was on late and a strange car is in the driveway. I don't want to walk in and scare him. So he can take did duty this morning.

Time to wake DS....wish me luck he is grouchy in the morning
Old 03-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope you can keep all those dogs out of the diningroom while it's being painted, Ruth. Furry walls are not in vogue, you know. That room is going to look great with the new paint color and the new flooring.

Tammy, I hope you have a quiet, relaxing day with the DH gone. It's raining here, you guys must be missing it. Yay for leftovers!

It's supposed to rain all day, so I think Jake and I are going to go to the Reading outlets for a day of shopping. He needs new jeans and I'm hoping to find some summery clothes. I just hope it's not too crowded with other shoppers!

Pizza is on the menu for supper tonight since it's Pi day!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Jennifer, and I hope it is a good morning for you and your DS isn't too gumpy. I'm sorry about your evening yesterday and hope everything looks brighter today.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:43 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

The dogs will definitely not be in the diningroom. I'll confine them to the kitchen and back stove room. I also have a very large fenced yard - the envy of all my dog owning friends.

The Italian sausage/peppers thing is not SBD friendly but could be made that way if you used turkey sausage. I'll work on it and post it later. Right now I'm about to get into my painting duds - not that I plan to do much painting but I feel I should get into uniform.

Jennifer, I know how you feel with Joe's perfect kids. My sister has perfect kids and it's hard to take. My daughter gave me major problems at one time and I would shut down too. We do survive - and the kids do too!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks. After a work week full of sunshine my day off is gray and overcast with a chance of freezing rain/drizzle. Maybe that will inspire me to stay inside and do the cleaning I ignored last weekend. I also need to get groceries but that could wait until tomorrow.

Ruth, I think it's really great you have so many friends to help you out! I bet it will look great when the painting is done.

Tammy, I hope you do get some rest today. And hooray for leftovers!!! (Personally I find we have a lot more of them since both kids are away at school. )

Cottage, enjoy your day and I hope you score some deals. Yesterday I wore my 80% off sweater from my last trip to Kohls. Felt smug all day.

Jennifer. It's really hard. I know moms always worry but at some point he has to live with his choices no matter how it comes out. Doesn't make it any easier for you, though.

Ok, I'm looking for breakfast and more coffee. Anyone else?
Old 03-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Really busy this week. Grandsons are here.

I just wanted to tell Jennifer that a long time ago I learned that never, never is there such a thing as perfect kids. We might think they are perfect but we never know their secrets.
take care
Sophie
Old 03-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awww, Jennifer. I would like to say they always grow out of it, but my brother still hasn't. But *most* others do!

Cottage -ohhhhh! Wish I could go with you! My co-manager is going shopping after our meeting in Hershey next week. Sadly, I can't walk that much . (works out great since my paycheck is 1/3 normal...)

Ruth - I had turkey Italian sausage spaghetti last night, is that close enough? I shredded a zucchini in it, the kids didn't even complain. Shhhhh...

Beth - cleaning? What's that?

Sophie - Enjoy your grandsons. And you are right - there are no perfect ones.

Do you believe it? I really did fall back asleep .
Old 03-14-2015, 08:39 AM   #10  

Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate the support. it is so hard too since I only have one child. Some days it really makes me feel like a failure when it comes to parenting. I know I'm not, and believe me I have only touched the surface with DS. Just feels that way at times. I know neither I nor my ex husband raised him to behave the way he does. The years are really taking a toll on my own mental well being. I still cope with food, I am so much better in this aspect of my life and accept I am not going to be perfect. We all want our children to do better in this world then we did. Unless he makes some drastic changes, he is going to struggle just to survive.

Time to stop feeling sorry for myself and drink my coffee (McDonalds Keurig refused to cooperate) and get this day into gear. The new machine can't get here soon enough. I actually bought two cups this morning, one black that I will reheat later.....yes I am that desperate lol
Old 03-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #11  

Tammy my half brother George didn't come around until his mid 40's...My brother Joe, who lives in England, is an entire novel lol. It seems to be isolated to the brothers.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I traveled this morning and it was nice to have clear roads, even if it was dark. I am sipping my smoothie and need to drop the pup off and head to work. Have a great day everyone, especially Jennifer enduring kid AND coffee "stuff".

Take care!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's still raining here but should clear out by noon today, they are calling for 70s on Monday wow! Today I think we are going to Flea market instead of the Saint Patrick Day parade but you never know if DH will change his mind, I am okay with either.

Ruth sounds like it's a paint party day how fun for all

Tywnn I hope you "accidentally" fell back asleep if not take a nap lol

Jekel Sophie beat me to it but there is no such thing as a "Perfect" kid. Everyone has issues, I have also learned that all Families to some extent are Dysfunctional there is no such thing as a normal family we all have issues of some kind whether shown to the world or not.

Cottage enjoy your shopping trip

Beth sounds like the rain we had yesterday has moved to your area

Sophie enjoy your grandsons

Debbie I am sure you are glad for clear roads, hope work goes quickly for you.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning girl! Peanut made it through his teeth cleaning pretty well. He did have two broken teeth that had to be pulled and I feel just awful because I had no idea and the vet said they were probably pretty painful. He's back to normal now but sort of disgusted with me because I won't play tug of war with him yet. I want to give those toothless areas time to heal a little bit.

This morning I finished my meal planning for next week and I'll go to the grocery story today after DH leaves for the stables. I'm also going to run into Joann and then over to my local scrapbook store for a rummage sale they are sponsoring. Hopefully I won't spend my DS's entire inheritance today!!

We went out to dinner last night at Rodizio for a charity event and I feel like I made some good SBD choices. The only problem is that it's hard to exactly gauge your meat intake since you don't have everything on your plate at one time but I took it slow and when I started to feel full I stopped. I certainly could have kept going but I'm glad I stopped when I did.

Ruth - sounds like a very full but fun day you have going today!

Tammy - I love having the house all to myself. It is much easier to relax when you don't feel like you need to be doing something for someone.

Jennifer - hang in there! I have found the same thing as everyone else...no perfect kids out there! They have their own will and even though you do everything you can at the end of the day they are their own person and will do what they want.

Cottage - have fun shopping!! Sounds like we will both be doing our best to keep the world economy going!

Beth - sorry about the icky weather - I'll try to push our weather to you!

Sophie - have fun with those grandsons!!

Debbie - yay for clear roads!

Pearlrose - have fun at the flea market (or the SPD parade) - either does sound like fun.

Our weather is finally getting nice and I'm planning to get out for a run this afternoon after DH gets home. We still have lots of opportunities for snow this season but I'll take these beautiful days when I can get them!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Diningroom is all painted and furniture is back in place - mirrors are even hung. Joey is here and settled in the back room with his buds. I am going for a nap and then out for dinner at Liz and Moel's house "up the Hill" - a perfect end to a lovely day. Tomorrow I'll deal with putting all the china and crystal back in the buffet and china cabinets. I have way too much stuff!!!!!

Life is good! Especially with friends like Karen and her new boyfriend - who has my stamp of approval!
Closed Thread