South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 06:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Sunny Saturday and Sunday, March 7 and 8

Good morning! I feel positive we are heading towards warmer weather. Today we are expecting 41 degrees and it will go up to the upper 40s for the rest of the week. Yahoo...

This should be a quiet weekend, which will be great. This morning I am taking my son to test prep, and then getting dinner in the crockpot together for tonight when friends are coming over. Once I pick him up I'm going to take him to the Spongebob movie and then come home and finish preparations. Since I gave up wine for Lent I'm sure I won't feel too bad tomorrow. I'll get DH to vacuum and do a general tidy up while we are out.

Hope everyone has a great day - sorry I've been so out of touch, things are busy at work and with my parents these days. All seems to be heading in a good direction with them though - my mom seems open to getting some help from me and from professionals. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I'm sitting here sipping my coffee and enjoying my Saturday morning. I have chores on the agenda today: groceries, laundry, cleaning, etc but the great thing about your day off is you get to do those things. I like being in control of my day.

Matilda, enjoy your guests tonight and your warm temperatures! We are having a light snow flurry right now.

Natasha, saw your post last night. I would probably be hoping to break the snow record too. Why go through so much misery and not break it??

I'm filling my cup; anyone else up and needing coffee?
Old 03-07-2015, 07:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Spring forward, Fall back!" Tonight's the night. I always change the clocks before I go to bed. One year, Harry did them and so did son Jim. It sure was dark at 7 the next morning. We have snow for the next three or four days but the temps are at least heading above freezing.

Rather frustrating day yesterday when I went to town. Nowhere in the whole city of Brockville is there a pair of comfy walking shoes in size 7 W! I am going to have to order them online with my fingers crossed. I've found some but, for some reason, they cannot ship to Canada. I think I may have to get a P.O. Box in Ogdensburg which is just an hour's drive away. I did manage to find my hairdresser though but he doesn't have an opening until next Friday. Popular guy!

Not much excitement planned for the weekend except for a high school musical this afternoon. I must try to find my hearing aids - on the other hand, maybe not. I have a Monday morning appointment with an accounting service and need to gather 2014 documentation. I am seriously considering off-loading the Mill financial stuff since I am getting fed up with listening to my whining about it! I'm sure my friends will be glad.

Time to throw in a load of laundry during the cheap rates and clear some snow off the deck before we get another dump!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, doesn't the coming week's forecast look great! I've had enough winter and am so looking forward to Spring and warm weather. Your day sounds pleasant, and I'm so glad to hear your mother is getting some help. I gave up wine (and sweets) for Lent, too, and there are times I really miss it!

Sophie, thank goodness your dishwasher is still under warranty! I hope it's not long before it's fixed.

Cyndi, thanks for sharing the link for the bread. I'm looking forward to making it, too. I'm not counting it as a "sweet" since the recipe doesn't contain sugar.

Good morning to everyone else!

It's a beautiful, sunny, day here and the snow is slowly melting, even though right now it's 11*. I decided yesterday that I was thoroughly done with winter and got out my Spring decorations. I do need a new wreath for the door, though, and plan to go shopping for something pretty today. Thankfully I found some good coupons for Michael's and JoAnn's online!

Oh! I discovered a nice shortcut for making the cauliflower crust pizza. After ricing the cauliflower, I decided to skip cooking it and went ahead and made the crust with it raw, and it turned out great! That sure saved a lot of time, not having to squeeze out all the water first.

Oh no! My coffee got cold while I was typing. Time for a hot refill!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:26 AM   #5  

Good morning to Ruth and Beth! Ruth, you know I'll be glad when you finally turn the mill stuff over to someone else. It's caused you way too much stress and worry, and you don't need that. That's a shame you couldn't find the shoes you need. How about that big store we went to, Kilgore's, was it? If there's a Clark's anywhere near you, I'm sure you'd find something there. Their shoes are terrific!

Beth, enjoy your day! I got all my cleaning stuff done yesterday.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's DH's work weekend so my chore weekend. First stop a spray bottle. We have a crabby kitty so it's time for a little behavior modification. I've got Indian food on the brain so off to find a veggie Indian recipe. I love My Heart Beets. So far everything has been good.

Matilda - good news about your parents. Enjoy the sunshine

Beth - I am always interested in another cup thanks

Ruth - I always end up buying my shoes online. I've had really good luck with Keens and Clarks and so far the sizes always run just right for my feet.

Cottage - Baking with coconut flour is definitely different. I have a really good carrot muffin recipe too. Just remember to keep it in the fridge after 24 hours. They tend to be really moist and don't do well on the counter very long. I might stick a slice in the toaster oven later. Bet it will be yummy.

Natasha - I'd be happy if we didn't see another flake this season but I'm sure we will get at least one or two March storms.

Yesterday Tim took the snowblower to the yard. He made Cricket another path and opened up the garden gate and walkways. He wants to put plastic over the whole thing to make it melt faster It does take forever for the snow to melt here. We are in the woods, next to a river and 30 feet of ledge. It holds the cool air longer. I want to open the beds enough to put the cold frames over them.

Better get to the store before the weekend shoppers! At least there are no storms in the forecast.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Cottage, thanks for the cauliflower crust tip. I have only made it a few times, with mixed success, and have a head in the fridge right now to try again. I think I will try your idea. Last time I think I lost a bunch down the drain when I drained it after cooking. It went right through the colander!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Everyone sounds like they are having a pleasant weekend.

Matilda - glad to hear things are okay with your parents. Hopefully it will continue in the right direction!
Beth - Here's to hoping your day goes as planned with no drama involved!
Ruth - I vote to drop the financials to someone else! I agree with Linda - find some clarks - my feet are doing awesome in my new pair .
Linda - THAT I a fabulous idea- I might have to steal it . (finding something spring like and pretty...) Is there any end in sight of your family living with you??
Cyndi - I thought of a recipe my friend adores...http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/02/q...ed-chick-peas/ I think she's got some good Indian dishes on there. Mmmmmmm

I'm waiting for DD to wake up so we can go out with us for girls' morning out! I was flat out exhausted last night, but okay enough this AM. She has a loooong list of where she wants to go (ummmm, maybe not!!). We're having friends over for dinner tonight too, so I'll get groceries while we're out. We'll also finish "the talk" since she's been in tears all week.

Have a great day, y'all! I dunno what the temp is out there (ignorance is bliss), but the sun is shining beautifully!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #9  

Beth, you're welcome! I've lost a lot of cauliflower down the sink before, too. Enjoy your pizza!

Cyndi, I'd love to have your carrot muffin recipe, if you don't mind sharing. I've been craving Morning Glory muffins lately.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

is any one else experiencing a new format. I can reply but don't get todays messages on the page? It makes things difficult

Last edited by sophie; 03-07-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Top of the morning lassies.....well it is almost St Patrick's Day...at work March is considered the High Holy Month for our bag pipers. A every week they are off marching in some parade.

Cyndi the bread recipe looks great. I think I may change the blueberries to apples or cranberries (I don't care for blueberries)

Natasha hope your dad will be ok.....Oh you can have your two inches only if it doesn't require shoveling

Matilda glad you are making progress with your mom

Ruth drop the mill's finances, you deserve the break! I'm a big fan of Keen's. My mom loves Clarks

Tammy my Goddaughter just turned 10 or 11 I am so bad with ages. Well she got "it" on her birthday. Poor kid. We knew it was coming as she too was an emotional midget. Her poor brother doesn't stand a chance now. Lol her mom is perimenopause. Don't over due it today.

Linda I put up my Easter flags, hat for front door and decorative mailbox cover. It does help. I may treat myself to some fresh flowers when I go to the store.

Beth enjoy your weekend, don't let chores take it over, have some R&R.

Had a nice evening with Joe. We decided to stay in and rented St. Vincent with Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy. Not appropriate for younger kids as the language was a little rough. We both enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be a comedy, but it was more of a drama. I cried at the end , but what else is new lol

Today I'm staying put. The dogs may get mani pedis and I think I may need to call the boiler guy as it is making strange noises. Thankfully I have a service contract.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Sophie, sorry no help from me. Mine is the same. Kudos on having a warranty for your dishwasher too.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:34 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I made these without the frosting (does not need it) and using date paste in place of honey. It's not SBD friendly but I've moved to date paste because of the fiber in place of other sweeteners. We liked this recipe too. I needed something without nuts to bring to DD's house and these were great on the road.

We also enjoyed these pumpkin muffins. They are lower fat than the carrot cake muffins, still very yummy

One last recipe since I've been on a muffin kick. I made these in a mini muffin pan and sprinkled dark chocolate chips and chopped nuts on top. They would be good with any topping and are another good breakfast muffin, healthy with very little added sweetener. They would probably be fine without any added sweetener.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

O.k. I got it. Sorry now have to run.
Everyone have a nice day
take care
sophie
Old 03-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have been up for a while but have be putting around doing things. Today am going with DD1 to the mall not sure I am in shopping mode but will accompany. Have to pick up DD2 from a birthday sleepover as well.

Matilda glad to hear things are going better

Beth I still have a few chores to do but will do them this morning prior to leaving for shopping

Ruth I agree with everyone else dump the financials

Cottage that is a good idea for spring items

Jekel I cried at the end of that movie as well. We went and saw Chappie last night, I love Jack Hughman, but that movie was just awful in my opinion

Cyndi all those recipes sound yummy, I did pick up blueberries yesterday so I can make that bread

Sophie glad your dishwasher is covered.

It is supposed to be a beautiful day and next weeks forecast looks great.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread