South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default First 2015 Monday - January 5

This seems like officially the start of the year and we have "proper" January weather - 14ºF and snowing. Much better than yesterdays "warm" temps and freezing rain. I'm hoping the snow sticks to yesterday's ice or walking could be a bit tricky.

The Bling Tree is lit again this morning - one more day. It certainly brightens up early mornings. All the Christmas washables are done and put away. Today I'll de-decorate the diningroom but will leave up the creche for the Wise Men tomorrow.

Have an earache that's hanging around since Saturday but Tylenol does help. I may call the Clinic this morning although I doubt they'll have an opening on this first real day after the holidays. It's also Quilting Biddies Day which I may skip if I get an appointment. I won't miss hearing all the details about everybody's grandkids and family tensions.

So ... on we go into January with new resolve and determination! Right? I have thrown out all crackers, cookies and other temptations but do have an unopened bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream for emergencies.

What does your week look like?
Old 01-05-2015, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning Ruth!

We have snow too- supposedly we could get up to a foot, and we're not even in the snow belt technically. I think I'm going to use this as one of my freebie days for the gym... I don't want to get out in this more than I have to!

I'm jealous you even have a bottle of Bailey's, let alone just for emergencies!

On Friday we started month end closing at work (I'm in accounting), so today will be catching up on something I didn't finish Friday, and then full steam into Day 2 of close! I might need the Bailey's after this...

Making marinated chicken in the crockpot for supper... I know it'll be delicious, but Italian dressing is a little much first thing in the morning!

I hope your earache goes away, and be sure to let us know any new gossip from the quilting ladies

Last edited by penmage; 01-05-2015 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth! It's a lot colder here, too, but the snow isn't supposed to fly until tomorrow, and we may only get a brief flurry or two. I was just thinking this morning that now that the holidays are behind us, we'll get back into the normal run of things. I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing, though. I hope the doctor can look at your ear today!

It's back to work for me, and goodness! I have to work a full 4 days this week! That hasn't happened since before Thanksgiving, LOL! The family are all going to Ireland for a Fox Hunting event around the 21st, though, so I'll have some time off while they're away.

I'm thinking a veggie/cheese omelet will make a tasty breakfast, and I have a container of soup from my freezer stash for my lunch. I'm motivated!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:14 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm just about out the door for my early day at work. I just looked-it's 30 degrees here. Windy, though.

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth. Great job getting rid of those cookies and crackers.

penmage, welcome back! Hope you get to the gym!

Linda, nice that you have another work break to look forward to!

Ok, better finish my smoothie and head out!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

We finally took down the tree and decided to actually organize and list the ornaments this year. Since they all now have meaning (from vacations, gifts from someone, for each other each year, etc), DH and I thought that someday our boys might like to know what and where. Of course it all rather tested our memories!

Then we tested our memories more: pulled out our snorkeling gear that we bought over a decade ago (for ourselves and both boys) and tried to figure out whose masks were whose. Cracked myself up when I looked at DH with a mask on his face sitting on the floor of the basement opposite me with a mask on MY face! DS took pictures but I haven't seen them. Anyway, none felt comfortable on me so I'm going to take them to the dive shop today and see which is the least horrible fit.

Was also productive with my research for restaurants in Ecuador. Overall, I got a lot accomplished and am plugging away. So today we go to the dive shop and to the mobile phone store to set up our new phone we bought for the trip. Groceries too. And gym, of course.

Have a great day.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning :Coffee2: I am actually off until Friday, technically. That means I do have a work call this morning and agreed to be the go to while my boss is in Iceland today and tomorrow. Tomorrow we drive to Boston to visit DD and family and to babysit while they go to an appt. It's my first chance to be alone with that cute little guy Staying overnight and visiting a child care with DD Wednesday morning then back home for us. I have Thursday off then staff mtg Friday. Why is my time off To Do list only half To Done??

Ruth - I am taking down everything but the tree today. I could leave the tree up all winter but the rest is getting old (and dusty).

penmage - good luck with the snow. I know it's January but I am never ready for that or the cold.

Linda - What did you decide about the book? I have stopped buying actual cookbooks. I just have so many recipes in my Piinterest that I never even pick my books up anymore. I did buy an Against All Grain eBook but only because it had a couple of recipes I really want.

Debbie - Have a good day.

Karen - What a great idea.

Well, I agreed to be on an 8:30 call then I have to get as much of this list done as I can. Also have pellets coming this morning so I better get moving.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post

Linda - What did you decide about the book? I have stopped buying actual cookbooks. I just have so many recipes in my Piinterest that I never even pick my books up anymore. I did buy an Against All Grain eBook but only because it had a couple of recipes I really want
I decided I didn't need one more cookbook either, and downloaded the recipes I want onto my Paprika app and/or will look online.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! You are all very chatty this AM. I poked in before 6, and y'all were still sleeping. Everyone must've gotten their coffee before then!

Ruth - hope you get in to the doc, or it heals on it's own. If neither, that emergency Bailey's might help you tonight!

Penmage - did you get to the gym? Betcha it's crowded with all the new year's resolution. I'd rather get a mid-year resolution when I can play outside!

Linda - enjoy your omelet! DS LOVES making them now. Yesterday he "tried something different" and made one with celery, onion, and....maybe it was bacon.

Debbie - I bet it is wicked some days when you go into work, it's so early!

Karen - that is awesome, your ornaments with their memories.

Cyndi - enjoy your snuggle time!! They have such unbelievably cute little butts too, don't they?!

Well, the kids are gone! Love them dearly, but it will be nice to have a calm quiet day while they're back at school. I already paid a couple of bills, and then I need to do some remote work. Other than that, it's chillin' and enjoying the quiet.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
Happy first Monday and I am so grateful to get back to a routine! First day back at work since before Christmas, I've made my list and once I check in here I'll be on my way. I was so NOT pleased to get on the scale this morning to see it up 3.4 lbs...I'm sure a lot of it is water, but the holidays were so completely off plan that part of it is "real", I'm sure. But, the good news is I'm focused on getting back on plan and looking forward to the detox, actually. I also need to get back on my water game. Too many "non-water" beverages over the holidays.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Hope earache problem is solved first. Can't say Bailey is on good terms with me. Had a run in many years ago and that came of my list.

Penmage. It will be nice to get home to a cooked meal.

Linda. Hope your day goes quickly and nice to know there is time off coming.

Debbie hope you have a successful day $$$

Karen what a nice thing to do with your ornaments

Tammy here's to a nice relaxing day for you

off to walk the mall. Too cold for outside and then menu planning and shopping
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 01-05-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #11  

Happy 1st Monday everyone.

I'm jealous of all of those who are just getting back to work after the holidays. I do A/P (during the week) so I spent New Years Eve writing checks for my boss so she could get as many deductions as possible and helping her find possible more deductions for 2014. And we worked New Years Day since she doesn't pay that holiday. I could feel my jeans getting tight & sure enough when I got on the scale yesterday I was up 3.5lbs. I managed to get down to 144lbs and my goal is 130lbs. So I need to get back on the program. Sorry to be missing but I've been adjusting to the job and then Mark & I decided to make it official in July after 3 yrs together. Then shortly thereafter he had a barrage of health problems and hasn't been able to work...lot of dr appts. Basically he didn't go to the doctor for years (typical guy) and he wound up with diabetes that needed meds not just diet changes but also ended up costing him kidney function so now he has 40%. He has to eat a low potassium low sodium diet for his kidneys which is challenging because all the healthy grains have high potassium. Anybody here have experience with someone with kidney disease? So basically its been go go go....enough about me

Ruth...I like how you handle emergencies

Cyndi..Have fun snuggling that baby. I just became a great-aunt Saturday so it will be fun when I can finally make trip to snuggle that baby girl.

Karen..Thats a neat idea with the ornaments but I think I'd be rather taxed to remember where all mine came from too

Ok everyone. Have a great day & stay warm.

Off to check a couple things before I bundle up for work.

Sue
Old 01-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year!!

Goal for Xmas was to maintain, and I seem to have done well enough overall - 1.5 lb gain. Pack to phase 1 for the week at least, but we will see after that.

Looking forward to being back - those two weeks were mostly non-computer, which certainly had some pros . . .

Be well!
Old 01-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy first Monday to you all too. I love the thought of new year and new beginnings!

Hope you are all well and have fun today. Karen - we have individual boxes that most our ornaments come in and have taken to writing in them what they are for or from. Helps to put them away in the right box but also to keep those memories!

Stay warm!

(PS - I started this 2/75 hours ago!)
Old 01-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening. Although going back to work is tough but it will be good to get back into a routine.

Ruth, good job cleaning out the food temptations. DS1 is home for a few more days and his job is to take care of the rest of the off plan foods that remain.
Cyndi, you must be looking forward to more time with the grandbaby!
Matilda, the scale and I are not really speaking right now.
Tammy, hope you had a restful day.

to all the other chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-05-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! I had a really rough day at work today (it's one of my in office days which are always overwhelming and hectic). I am proud of myself that I didn't succumb to the vending machine and I stayed on-plan! Woohoo!!

I'm back in the office again tomorrow so I'm going to relax tonight and just veg out with the hubby. I know I should probably try to get some movement in but I just don't have it in me. Maybe I'll tug the rope with Peanut although he seems pretty lazy tonight too.

After tomorrow I don't have to step foot in my office again until the 20th and then I won't be back in there again until February 17th due to our vacation and holidays. I'll be working at home but it just seems so much easier when I don't have to deal with the drama in the office at the same time. I think I'm turning into a hermit!

Everyone have a wonderful evening and I'll check in tomorrow night after work.

Gabby
Closed Thread