South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Prep for starting Phase 1 on Monday

I've got chick peas cooking in the crockpot and all the ingredients to make taco soup later. I'm going to stock up of plain kefir, almonds, cheese sticks and veggies too. I'll boil some eggs and do some menu planning this weekend...how is everyone else doing with their prep/start of Phase 1? Am waiting to weigh myself until Monday (my first day) to assess the December damage...
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

We started phase 1 yesterday so earlier in the week I took some index cards and wrote out ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. I used a recipe from the boards here, a couple from Kalyn, and several from the SBD cookbooks. I tried to find a mix of things we have had before and some new recipes to keep it interesting. I also went through the food list and listed out the veggies we like. From that I created a shopping list. I made sure that I had cleared out all the food we shouldn't be eating and then went shopping. It sure was nice not to have to figure out where to put things once I brought it all home! Don't know why I don't do that all the time before I shop.

Then I sat down on NYE and wrote out meal plans specific for each meal, each day in my journal through next Sunday. I like to make my meal plans on Fridays and go shopping on Saturday mornings so I figured I would stretch what I had to more than the normal week I plan for so I can get back on that schedule. I'm so glad when I take the time to do this. It makes it so much easier when I know what I need to take out of the freezer the night before and sometimes I get so wrapped up with things during the day I don't even want to try and think of what to make for dinner. This way I just open my journal and see exactly what I need to do. It also helps because I can plan out when to make meals that are quick or maybe save some leftovers because I'm not going to be home that day or I need to take a lunch with me to the office (I'm only there about 4 days a month).

I also whipped up some gazpacho to keep in the fridge for those times when I'm just really hungry and need something between meals. It will also work when I need to take a lunch with me to the office if I end up with less leftovers than I thought I would.

I really want to stay on top of this. It makes me so much calmer to have things planned out. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy though and don't take the time to do it. Kinda sounds like my diet sometimes - I know what is good for me but don't always do it!

Looking forward to hearing what others are doing with their plans. I get such great ideas from everyone here!

Thanks for starting this thread!!

Gabby
mcsgabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Purged the house of trigger foods, except the last of the cookies which DS will tackle today lol. Grocery list made. Hummus and veggies will be my nighttime snack. I am well stocked with "freezer foods" for this week. Don't worry they are all SB soups, Chili's, casserole type meals. Less time at work will give me more time to ride albeit indoors. I officially start P1 today, but will weigh in tomorrow morning. TOM made a second visit which is screwing up my hormones. Since two visits a month seems to be my new norm. I need to be mindful of fluctuations in my weight. Off to the store!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I purged (ate?!) Trigger foods and went food shopping. DO and I went through recipes and I went food shopping yesterday, even when I was feeling fat and lazy and didn't want to.

Started this morning! After I go to Target for some Crystal Light and the post office, I am making some new foods I've never made before too! And some standbys as well (Taco Bake!).
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I have a roommate (darn her and her swimmer metabolism) so I couldn't get rid of ALL the triggery foods in the apartment, just mine. I'm pretending there isn't a package of Oreos on top of the freezer right now.

Started today with chicken for lunch (wasn't super hungry) and some cheese as a snack. Dinner (after a trip to the grocery store and Walmart) will be a rotisserie chicken with vegetables and maybe a small SB P1 "chocolate shake" (the recipe is here somewhere!)

One of my Christmas presents to myself was a new crockpot, so I'll be stocking up on chicken breasts and cuts of meat that go well in crockpot dishes.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote