South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 05:03 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default First Friday Beach Chat, Jan 2

Good Morning!

I'm up making coffee....will enjoy a cup then try for a little more sleep. The pups have been out and I decided it too cold to accompany them.

Pearlrose, her hubby and I had lunch yesterday at the historic Hotel Colorado. It was great to visit and we enjoyed the first meet up of 2015. They leave this morning .

I hop I can get our picture attached from my phone....I'll give it a try!

Have a great day everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.2 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-02-2015 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

The place you visited was cool! Wish we could see you two a bit better though . Glad you enjoyed your visit.

I slept in a bed last night, aren't you proud of me?!? Funny, woke up more sore than sleeping in a recliner, but I did sleep 7 hours. I'm excited because I have visits with friends the next few days, today and tomorrow's have children to help occupy my kids too. I have so many frozen cookies from friends, I'll have to pull some.

Nothing exciting today- DH is doing some hiking trail maintenance while I visit, and then I do need to freeze my soup, etc. We did have hoppin john last night, which was delicious, so I should have plenty of luck this year!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie and Pearlrose, how nice that you two were able to get together! The hotel looks amazing, but it is a shame we can't see you too well.

Tammy, that's wonderful that you managed to sleep for 7 hours. It must be very uncomfortable and awkward to try to sleep with that neck brace on. I had Hoppin' John yesterday, too, and I hope it brings us both lots of luck in the new year. It was delicious, too!

I am feeling so much better today after sleeping most of the day, yesterday. I have an 8am hair appointment this morning, and I'm glad I won't have to cancel. Afterwards I'll swing by Dad's to see if my SIL got his meds straightened out yesterday. He was so concerned that I wouldn't be able to stop in today, that he called my brother and SIL yesterday for them to do it, poor guy. I keep telling him not to worry, that I'll take care of things for him, but he frets anyway, poor man, and he only trusts me.

What's everyone else up to today?
Old 01-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! That hotel is sure decorated. I'm now wide awake after seeing that picture. Glad you and Pearlrose had a good time, Debbie. Meet-ups are fun since we already know a lot about each other.

Tammy, sorry about the "owie" sleep. Sounds to me that you are getting on with ADL (activities of daily living) which will help your recovery. Please take it easy and take your pain killers. My doc pal says pain hinders recovery.

Linda, so glad you are feeling better but please take it easy. I'm glad you are able to keep your hair appointment. Tell your Dad he is darned lucky to have you!

Big dump of snow continued into the night but this morning I woke to the sound of my lane being ploughed at 7. Of course this means I have no excuse to stay in my jammies for the day. It's trash day and I should be lugging stuff out but I'm sipping my coffee and admiring the Bling Tree and not ready to get back into routine yet. I DO need to go to the Post Office and grocery store today but still feel in holiday mode. (I did wash the Christmas tea towels, aprons and bathroom towels yesterday but that's it so far.)

The Pypers called yesterday and are coming for a late lunch tomorrow. I really missed seeing them over Christmas as they are like family. I am planning a beef stew, cole slaw and something homey like apple crisp and will get some of that prep done later today. It'll be nice to get back to "normal" food after the holiday extravaganzas. (One more to go on Sunday afternoon when the Township holds it's annual reception - sort of a command performance.)

Time to get into warm clothes and do some shovelling. My lane gets ploughed but I still have walks, the deck and four sets of steps to clean off. What happened to those 12-year-olds who used to come around offering to clean walks? They're probably all playing X-Box or whatever.

Have a lovely TGIF!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Fun. Can you do a closer shot?

Tammy - Glad you got a decent night's sleep. Enjoy your visits.

Linda - Your dad's lucky to have you. DH does his mom's meds weekly and will have to line up someone while we are on vacation, for that and everything else he does.

Ruth - Apple crisp is one of my favorites! I can't remember my boys ever shoveling. Hmmm.

I'm off to the gym this morning. Then work again. I was surprised that we had a steady flow of business yesterday so it went by fast. Hopefully today will be the same. DH and DS watched football all day so I got caught up on some recorded chick TV last night. Not much else happening here.

Enjoy your day.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie. Must have been nice to meet up with Pearlrose.
Twynn looks like its an enjoyable day for you. Take it easy.
Linda. Nice to hear you are better and getting hair done always lifts the spirits.
Ruth. Your menu is delicious. No snow here
Karen. Hope today goes quickly.

today I have to start cleaning my weaving workshop. So much yarn so little time. Daughter loved the lace shawl I knitted for her. Off for a second cup of coffee. Dh is still sleeping who knows when that night owl rolled in but seeing an empty bottle of wine(I had 1 glass) is probably helping with the sleep.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Debbie and Pearlrose so happy you were able to meet. The hotel makes my house look naked. Very festive!!!

Tammy baby steps please. Hopefully as you get acclimated to sleeping in a bed you will be less sore each day. Enjoy your visit later.

Ruth we didn't get to see a picture of the bling tree this year. Or maybe I missed it. I am going to undecorate today.

Linda I'm sure your dad truly appreciates everything you do. It is nice you live close by.

Sophie your comment about DH and the wine made me smile. Glad DD loved the shawl. I really enjoy getting homemade gifts.

We had a really nice dinner with Joe's kids. It was my last indulgence of Christmas cookies, Joe's too lol. I did take the leftover cookies home for DS. These one don't temp me. Besides I've been in the groove with being OP. I need to go the post office, Home Depot and Shoprite. Bot not going anywhere until this is house is u decorated, clean and I get a ride in. The reward of a clean house is the digs finally get their new bed from Santa Paws

Have a great day!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Debbie - Thanks for the pic! So glad you got to connect with Pearlrose!!
Tammy - Congrats on sleeping in a bed last night!
Linda - Have fun getting your hair done. You reminded me I need to make an appt. I started growing out my color early in 2014 and I think this cut will finally get off the last of the colored hair and I will be 100% natural color for the first time in my entire adult life!
Ruth - Good luck with the snow removal! We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow - ugh! I’m already officially tired of winter. Anyone counting the days until spring other than me?
Karen - Fingers crossed for a quick work day today!
Sophie - Yep…sewing is definitely a passion of mine! I tried knitting a dishcloth once but it turned into a miniature kite - not a pretty sight at all! I can crochet so I thought I would be able to knit but, alas, it is not to be. Don’t cry for me though, I more projects than I will ever be able to finish so not having yet another passion is not the end of the world!
Jennifer - Good luck cleaning up the house today. I’ll probably start on that this weekend if the DH is ready to let go of the decor. I love the stuff too but really feel relaxed when it’s all put away and the house is back to normal.

Today is sheets and towels day so I’ll be taking care of that - I love this day! I also need to box up and drop off the uniforms I finished up. I’ll probably get in some papercrafting this afternoon. I want to make some thank you cards to take with us on our cruise for any extra nice staff we run into. I also need to make a couple birthday cards for some family members with birthdays later this month and a couple V-day cards for our sponsored kids (you have to send everything 2 months before the holiday so they arrive in time). I'm also behind on my bible study so I want to get that caught up before any more time passes.

Happy Friday everyone!

Gabby
Old 01-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We really did just get up and I really did have an amazing night's sleep. That happened after my last chiro appt too. Hm, wonder what that's about. It just feels good to get some real sleep.
Today is a walking day for us. After breakfast (probably some combination of leftovers and the eggs I picked up from my friend yesterday) we will head out with the little dog. Cricket can't walk like she used to so we will bring the carrier and take turns when she gets tired. Usually it's walking, a short carry, some walking, short carry, etc. She loves it so we like getting her out with us. If we go to the trail across the river she can even be off leash.

I made Elena's Butternut Apple soup last night and it was so good we ate it as dessert. I highly recommend if you are looking for a dessertish non dessert to get you through

Time to get moving before we lose the day. It gets dark so early now I hate to waste morning.
Closed Thread