South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default First Day of 2015 Chat!

Good morning, dear Sprouts, and Happy 2015!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself at Joanne's NY Eve party last night - another night of friends and fun to ring in the New Year. Almost everyone was in full party regalia and looked great. I sure felt good in my velvet and pearls and full make-up. Heather and Joanne did all the food prep and all I had to do was socialize. I never make it to midnight these days so Gus and Mike walked me home. It's become a "designated walker" tradition since Joanne lives about one block away.

Not sure what the day will bring but I am easing into putting away some Christmas stuff. The tree stays up until the 6th as is traditional. I have a busy month ahead of me so it'll be a good idea to crank things up early.

I need to go through my two china cabinets and buffet plus all the books and music in the livingroom in preparation for the next stage in my floor replacement. All the furniture will have to be moved and I'll need to wrap and pack all breakables. I may have an antique dealer come in to scope some of the stuff before I start packing.

I'm wishing us all a good first day of 2015!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and happy new year!

Thanks for getting us started to Ruth! I did stay up until midnight helping cleanup at the church and so I'm outside with the dogs then I'm going to go snuggle back in bed for a little while this morning.

It's chilly but is supposed to warm up here later so I'm sure will hit the pool today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Glad you had such a great time last night Ruth, sounds like fun. Remember, it's a holiday today, so don't get too much work done .

Debbie, you had a more wild NYE than I did .

Well, the kids wanted to stay up until midnight (ummmm, so they could watch more tv, I think that's the only reason why), so we did. I think I was asleep by 12:15!!

My co-manager wrote me, freaking out about things she needs to get done, so I'm going to help her out remotely. I'm so stinking bored, I'm not too disappointed (despite not being on payroll). My boss is being so good to me I don't mind helping out. I'll probably start working on that today.

I'm sure DH will want to get out, I'll try to take my couple rounds around the block .

OH!! And I'm making Hoppin John, the southern tradition for new year's. SBD compliant, and yummy too!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I didn't make it to midnight. Second movie was boring and I kept drifting off so finally gave up.

I'm scheduled to work today. I volunteered since I knew I wouldn't be partying hard or late.

Not much else planned.

Have a great one.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:59 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We stayed up until 10:30, later than we planned. We drank some champagne and read through the notes in our Gratitude jar. I love ending the year that way Today we are transitioning to clean eating but will finish off some of the too good to toss food first. Tomorrow the party is over though.

Believe it or not I have a chiropractor appt. today. I'll start 2015 in better alignment. In the meantime I need to get my black eyed peas in the crock, prep the turkey, and make butternut apple soup.

The sun is out, too bad it's not as warm as it looks
Old 01-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year

company started leaving at 12:30 I had help with cleanup but still some stuff left.
just family for dinner tonight and then its back to normal. Weight gain of 3lbs.
relaxing this morning with maybe a nap.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit

Happy New Year!!!! You chicks are light weights I made it up until 4 am. Only because of work. Relatively calm NYE, thank goodness.

Got to get motivated. Having dinner at Joe's with the kids at 3.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!!

Ruth - Sounds like you had a great time - good way to say goodbye to 2014!
Debbie - Enjoy the pool today, it sounds awesome!
Tammy - Love hoppin john! Mmmm!
Karen - Don’t work too hard today. It sure was nice of you to volunteer to work!
Cyndi - Wow…I never thought you’d be able to see a chiro on NYD! Happy cracking! Reminds me I need an appointment before we go on vacation.
Sophie - Normal is good - good luck with today!

We made it to midnight last night - woohoo! We had just snuggled into bed when the clock ticked over. DH pretty much fell asleep immediately but I had to spend time reassuring our little dog, Peanut, that the fireworks our incredibly annoying neighbor was shooting off were not going to actually kill him. Those things were shooting off until after 1am - grrr! The evil side of me wanted to go bang pots at his bedroom window this morning at 6am but I restrained that evil (but quite justified) girl - the below zero temps helped with the retraining to be sure! Oh...and the type of fireworks he was setting off are totally illegal here. Curse that darn Wyoming for selling them!

We are starting phase 1 today and my DH surprised me by passing on his coffee this morning. He uses real sugar and doesn’t like it with anything else. I’m a little concerned he will become overly bearish but I am proud of him for starting off on a good foot. I have our meal plans here in front of me and I’m going to see what prep work I can do today to make the rest of the first week go smoothly. I also plan on doing some crafting and maybe some fun sewing (still ouching over the whole restaurant thing but trying to look on the bright side).

I hope everyone has an awesome day and that the new year takes off in the right direction!

Gabby
Old 01-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Jennifer - didn't see you come in!
Old 01-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Year everyone. After a long hiatus (in which I gained it all back and then some friends), I'm back. Might as well, since it's January 1, right?

In any case, I'm happy to see familiar faces!

Happy New Year everybody
Old 01-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy New Year's!

Unfortunately, I was in bed and sound asleep by 10pm, and missed all the noisemakers and fireworks at midnight. This headcold has really walloped me, and I slept until 9:30 this morning, and am spending the day in my jammies, curled up under a quilt on the couch.

Ruth, I'm glad you had a good time and how nice that the party was just up the street from you!

Debbie, I hope you were able to go back to bed for a while this morning.

Tammy, Amber & Tyler managed to stay up til midnight, too. I surprised I didn't hear them. Please be careful helping your Boss from home. You've had some major surgery and sure don't want any setbacks!

Karen, I hope you have an easy day at work!

Cyndi, your NYE celebration sounded really nice.

Sophie, I bet you'll drop that extra weight in no time! Have a relaxing day today!

Jennifer, thank God it was a calm night in the city! I hope you get a nap today before dinner!

Gabby, we used to have an annoying neighbor like that. That is funny about wanting to bang pots under his window, but it would probably start something you'd rather not have happen. Good luck on your meal plans and enjoy your crafting today.

penmage, welcome back!

I usually make pork & sauerkraut for Jake on New Year's, but this year he asked for pork and sauteed cabbage, so that's easy. I don't think I could stomach the aroma of sauerkraut today, anyway. I'm going to make a vegetarian version of Hoppin' John, too.
I usually take down the tree and all the Christmas stuff today, but we're going to wait until the weekend when I'm feeling better. I must admit that I'm ready to get the house all tidied up and back to normal again. Right now, though, I'm going to settle down and watch the Tournament of Roses Parade.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:22 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy New Year, chicks!
I stayed up to watch the ball drop on TV; it was fairly easy since I was engrossed in a book. Like many of you, I was in slumber-land by 12:15.

We are having heavy lake effect snow today. DS2 had mentioned checking out the sales since he needs some clothes, but the mall closes early today and if we don't move soon we won't make it. I'm not very excited about venturing out in this mess.

I'm waiting a couple days to officially start P1 but am starting to reign things in a bit. There are just a few off-plan foods to finish off and the boys will definitely help. I also made Kalyn's SF pumpkin cheesecake for dessert last night; that recipe is a keeper for the holidays next year.

Have a great day, all!
Old 01-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Waving south at Beth through the lake effect snow. We had it start first thing today and there are about 5" of light puffy stuff on the ground. I had no intention of going out today anyhow and have stayed in my jammies all day puttering around and doing more sewing on the last quilt binding.

I am definitely getting the urge to do some sewing for myself - not shortening pants and sleeves. Maybe a beach robe for my Cuba trip. I must browse patterns online or adapt one I have already. I must decide and hit the fabric sales next week.

Just changed my menu to a sort of pork stew with sauerkraut. NY's Day dinner was always roast beef in my family but I would not consider cooking prime rib for just me! I am going to try to eat from the freezer this month and am going to ditch stale-dated meats.

Gearing up for a fabulous 2015!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Gabby sounds like sewing is your passion.

yea, no family dinner tonight. Everyone is to tired and its not goinf to happen this weekend.
So its drinking lots of water and relaxing. Might learn how to use the kindle

Linda take care of yoursel
tak3 care
Sophie
Old 01-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

good evening chicks! and happy happy New Year!

just popped by to say hi - looking forward to taking down the Christmas decor and food shopping.
Closed Thread