South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twitters - December 30

Good morning from back to winter Delta! So much for Spring! It's brrrrrutally cold out there. I think it's just the quick contrast from spring but this is not a day to run out to the car for something without a coat. (Ask me how I know! Duh!)

Yesterday still felt like Sunday since I did almost nothing except go for the mail. Joanne came over for a doggy playdate around noon and we had coffee and Bailey's which added to the laid back ambiance. I managed to get rid of some of the leftover goodies from my Eve party - unopened sealed cold cuts and smoked salmon plus some frozen hors d'oeuvres. It was nice to see the temptations go out the door.

Today I need to get myself back on track foodwise and workwise. The focus will be on veggies since I have been very remiss lately and the scale sure shows it. Later I'll make that cauliflower vichysoisse. There's already pea soup and some sort of bean soup in the freezer. I have a very nice collection of gift cards and may go to town to spend them on a new blender to puree soup and some books to load onto my e-reader.

That's the plan anyhow - no doubt something will interfere. Maybe I should get on it right away rather than having another coffee.

Hope your Tuesday is peaceful and relaxing as we slip closer to 2015.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! Glad you had a relaxing day, and scooted those goodies out the door. You might have to try that cauliflower leek soup Linda and I had too .

Gabby - you'll have to share your doodles with me! (LOL...maybe email so we don't bore everyone else!) I just went and got a bunch of fine point markers so I can have fun .

I'm off to my recheck this AM, I'm a bit improved. I'm eager to hear when I can start walking around the block again, although it makes my symptoms worse. I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing of this! Maybe in my free time I can hunt down recipes to make when I'm feeling better.

Have a great day!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Spent my time writing on another thread.....and shoveling at my house and moms. Smoothie is made and I want to fit in another cup of coffee before I go. I have 17 minutes.

Twynn, I will never get sick of hearing all your stuff-I just wish you to get better!

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this morning!

It's -9 here right now. Much warmer on the other side where Pearlrose is. They have had a substantial amount of snow and I hope her travel wasn't too bad yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Friends! Shaking off the Christmas doldrums and getting ready for the New Year. I packed up the tree yesterday - I know, I'm a total Scrooge. I've never been a Christmas person though. AND my food has been so incredibly bad for the last week or so. I'm planning to do a new Phase 1 on 1/4.

Today, I'm going to go to the gym and then take my son and his friend to a movie. Other than that, I'll keep it low key. I did a whole bunch of cleaning yesterday and it felt great. Today I want to wash our bedroom window and do some sewing. Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 12-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! We have single digits here this morning but it is sunny so I will take it. December has been an easy winter month so far.

I spent the bulk of yesterday consumed by a novel but made a fool of myself crying for the last 30 pages!! I can't wait to start the sequel today.

Ruth, I am also feeling relieved that the worst of the temptations are now gone, although I ate too many of them. Personally, I think spending gift cards is tons of fun. Enjoy your trip to town.

Tammy, I'm not tired of hearing your reports. That is the focus of your life right now, getting better. Hope the dr report is positive.

Debbie,
have a good day at work.

Today I hope to spend some time rearranging the kitchen. For one of my presents I bought a set of ceramic bakeware and need to cull out the duplicates and figure out what items to store (and where!) and what to donate.

But first, more coffee.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning from frigid Colorado!!

Ruth - I hope you had that 2nd coffee because my personal mantra is that coffee makes everything better!

Tammy - My doodles are very elementary but I would be glad to share! See…I figure that if mine are really horrible it will just make the other person feel really good about their own - I consider that a win-win situation!

Debbie - I need to get out and do a little bit of shoveling today. I think we only got another inch or so but our temp is -2 right now with a wind chill of -14 so I think I’ll give it a little bit to warm up a little. Although I think our high today is only supposed to be 4 - yikes!

Matilda - Sounds like a bunch of us are doing phase1 in the next week or so. Strength in numbers…right? Have a good day and enjoy your sewing time!

Beth - What book did you finish? I’m always on the hunt for new reads and while it sounds crazy I love the ones that make me cry. Thanks for the tip about the on-plan thread yesterday. I’ll check that out!

Jennifer - Wow…it sounds like you work some long shifts but glad you are able to earn the extra money you want. I think those darn cookies have a mind of their own and jump into our mouths when we least expect it!!

Cyndi - I’ll join your geek squad! The science stuff of diet is so very interesting. I’ve always been one of those “why” types so when I understand what is happening in the background it makes it easier for me to follow. I just recently learned about the joint issues that can be helped when following a lower carb diet and that is definitely an issue I have so I’m really watching that marker for myself.

Pearlrose - I hope your travels went well. Not sure what it is doing in the high country today but here it has stopped snowing but it quite overcast.

I’m back at work today (thankfully working from home today). Lots of folks are still on leave for the holidays so I’m going to use this time to get my work planner set up. I’m using a new system this year and hopefully it will help me stay more organized. At the very least it will result in less stuff to cart around. I’m changing from using three different composition notebooks and a calendar down to one multi-function planner.

If I can convince the hubby to give me a ride, I’ll probably go work out at lunch. My car is absolutely useless when we have this amount of snow on the ground. We plan on getting a pickup in the next couple years and then I’ll get hubby’s 4WD VW. I’ll miss my sporty car but it’s really not practical here in the winter.

I’m going to put a chicken in the crock pot for dinner and other than that I hope to have a fairly quiet day. It sounds like a lot of us are in the deep freeze so stay warm everyone and if you are in a warm climate, please send a little puff of that air my way?

Gabby
Old 12-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Tammy - Never sick of it!

Gaby - Cold here too but no snow. I went off gluten about a year ago to see if it would help my joints (which had started aching so much that I felt like I'd aged 20 years). Amazingly, all the join pain went away! All of it. Now I can eat gluten on occasion with no issues. SIL has a theory about leaky gut and that I've now healed mine, yada, yada.

I should probably bundle up and go to the grocery store. Soup sounds good. Or something with the cabbage that DH picked up yesterday. I should probably also take a closer look at my trip "to do" and packing lists. I want to have enough time to order online if I need anything. I go into DH's bread and chocolate yesterday. Maybe I'm starting to feel travel stress!

So now BOTH of our son's girlfriends have sent us gifts. What's with that?! DS1 girlfriend, who was here at Thanksgiving, sent a thoughtful little Christmas gift. DS2 girlfriend, who was here last week, sent a thank you gift. And both had already brought hostess gifts when they came. So today I have to write a thank you note for the latest, and feel pressure since that girlfriend writes the most amazing notes herself. Sigh.

Have a great day. Keep warm.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi chicks!

With the new year comes the prodigal daughter ready to South Beach it back up on the 1st. Nothing new with health - no meds that have worked but I sure have packed on the pounds so I figure I gotta get this all in check. Back to the Beach!

I hope all are well. Missed you!
Old 12-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Beachers It was a lovely sleep-in morning followed by bundling up and getting out for a walk. DH works second shift today so I'll kick into gear with chores and errands when he leaves in half an hour. Why does time off pass so much faster than work time?

Ruth - cauliflower vichysoisse sounds interesting. Is that recipe here? I'm very curious

Tammy- Hope the doc has some good news.

Gabby - The first time I did an elimination diet was 1/2009 and I discovered wheat was a big offender for me. I can eat a little but more than a couple of servings and my joints really react. I suspect I'm more sensitive now than I was then.

Jenn - Hi! it's always nice to see you here

Time to plan my afternoon and evening.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

CyndiM - I don't think the recipe is here - very simple. I followed this one using my homemade chicken stock and thinned with a bit of milk rather than cream. Delicious hot or cold!
Old 12-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good evening

after a meal yesterday at our friends that was very carby, I have been feeling quite ill. Im sure its not the flu. Tomorrow is the last event and I will have two crockpots going. So anxious to get back into a routine.
enjoy your evening everyone. Welcome back Jenn
take care
Sophie
Old 12-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Debbie it was great in Glenwood we are having a blast. You will have to let me know if you make it back over before we leave
Old 12-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
Debbie it was great in Glenwood we are having a blast. You will have to let me know if you make it back over before we leave
I am coming over early tomorrow morning!
Closed Thread