South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 06:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Muscular Monday, 10/27

Quick check in to get this started, I've go to go prepare food for lunch today. Determined to start exercising again this week!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Morning SBD Coffee Chat for 10/27

The coffee's on, and it's good and hot on this chilly morning. We have yet to turn on the heat in the house, but it warms up nicely by the time the sun comes out. Hey, we save where we can!

It was a busy weekend, but lots of fun, and I think I'm finally over that tummy virus. There should be lots to do at the farm today with the work crew there, and I know they had guests staying for the weekend, plus the girls had a Halloween party that I'll probably have to clean up the remnants of. At least keeping busy makes the day go by faster.

Monica made a delicious dinner of Spicy Tofu and Kale yesterday, and I have leftovers for a yummy lunch today. I'm looking forward to that! I may have more tonight for my supper, too, if there's enough left!

Have a good day on this last Monday of the month!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:53 AM   #3  

Good morning, Matilda! Did you feel it? How was your weekend with your folks?
Old 10-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Well shoot, I think it lost my post in the merge?

It was just good morning to everyone, and it's Monday...again...
Old 10-27-2014, 07:09 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I survived the crazy week and made it back home for one whole day off. We had a busy and productive day of apple picking and yard work. Three of my garden beds are ready to mulch for the season, one is waiting for garlic to get planted (today or tomorrow), and two still have good things in them. The growing season has had it's ups and downs but can't complain when I'm still getting things from the garden and green peppers from my favorite farm stand! Today it's back to a more normal work week, at least for the next couple of weeks.

Matilda - Exercising is my challenge too. I'm getting my total minutes for the month but not getting into that daily routine I know I need. It's so hard to make time when life is really busy. I know I did it before, just have to remember how!

Cottage - Yum, I would love to see that recipe. I'm making the lentil miso gravy over mashed something or other tonight. It reminds me of one of my favorite pre-SBD guilty pleasures but is so healthy I can make it the main course

Tammy - What is it with MOndays?! I'm already counting down to December and figuring out how many vacation days I need to save to get a full 2 weeks off (the answer is just two vacation days and my floater from Veteran's Day).

I guess I should start thinking about work First I need to figure up my expense report for last week. That will be my first ton of pellets and a load of gravel for the driveway. Ready or not Monday here I come
Old 10-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. Just popping in for a quick hello. 45 more minutes at work and then I'm heading home for the day. I spent all day on my feet baking goodies for the guys at work and now my back is sore.

Hope everybody has a great day!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Looking forward to catching up with you all later. Right now work calls!

Happy Monday!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good title, Mathilda. I hope it inspires me since the only muscle exercising at the moment is my coffee drinking one. (Maybe I should get a 10 pound mug?)

Linda, so glad you are finally feeling better. (You know I worry!) Hope the weekend mess is quickly fixed up. How much longer will the reno last?

Tammy, your post probably fell off the Net when Linda did the merge.

Woke at 3 but persuaded the Body and Brain to go back to sleep until 6:30. Even the dogs slept in today, probably because they had a three hour playdate with Joey yesterday while Joanne went to Kingston to pick up her DD. This was a bit of a test visit as J. is going to a destination wedding in December and Joey will probably stay here.

Had to face the scale this morning and discovered I am back up to 185 again! I think it's to cold weather which seems to make me want/need bad carbs. I really need to pull up my socks (and motivation) this week since the week starts with tonight's election wake/celebration and ends with Halloween temptations. I'm 6 pounds less than this time last year but ...

Didn't make it to the bank yesterday with the sale money so had better so that first thing today. Rumour has it that we may see the sun today. I may drop in to the UC Hall for the usual Monday morning coffee - having to get to the bank is a great way to exit when the nasty gossip starts. (I go once in a while since my pal Barb organizes it but always have an excuse not to stay long.)

Hope your day is beautiful and peaceful.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #9  

Cyndi, I'm waiting for Monica to share the recipe with me, and then I'll post it here. It's one of those recipes that I'll be making often, it's that's good.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I need to type faster! Good morning CyndiM, Lexxiss and Natasha. Happy Monday!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I read everyone's posts. Glad Natasha had a wonderful trip. Sorry your back is sore from baking. Linda your tummy bug certainly hung around. I hope it is finished. Matilda I am trying to get my food under control. November 1 I am committing myself to start training for my ride in May (that mindset has worked for the previous two rides, keeping my fingers crossed it will work again)
Ruth be proud of yourself for weighing less this year even if the number isn't what you like. Cyndi I really missed our garden this year.

Tomorrow mom arrives. So today is cleaning, laundry and groceries. We will be eating out while she is here since our time is limited and I have to work Thursday. At least they are letting me start late on Friday so I can take her to the airport. I'll know today where I will be working until January. I am fairly certain I will be working nights just not sure where. It willbe an adjustment for me and the pups, but we did it for years.

I was at goal yesterday, today I am up (I had apple crisp yesterday and too many nut crackers) Darn anxiety. If only i could channel it into cleaning and exercising lol

Well time to get moving. Have a great day
Old 10-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Its a good thing to weigh less than last year.
Mathilda. Good on the exercise front. The only exercise I get is walking
Linda. Looking forward to the recipe. I haven't developed a liking for tofu but spicy might do it. Glad you are feeling better.
Tammy hope Monday goes by quickly
Cyndi. Glad you had a nice garden. You sound very prepared for winter. When is the baby due
Debbie. Hope its a good day
Jen. Enjoy your mom and don't fret too much. She's there to see you

I was lazy this weekend although idid some baking. Some for my daughter's neighbour who is very nice to her. She's a retired teacher who taught in this small town for 40 odd years and everyone knows her. She just loves my grandsons and a week doesn't go by wthout her bringing them something from some sort of event. We are leaving on Wednesday and dh is coming back for yardwork while I'll stay on for about another week or 2
take care
Sophie
Old 10-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie View Post
Cyndi. Glad you had a nice garden. You sound very prepared for winter. When is the baby due
Sophie
He is due 11/19 but the doc says any day between 1-5 weeks
Old 10-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Quick fly by for me. I am still doing good eating wise and the scale went down again. Ruth I wish I could say I weigh less than I did last year but not there yet but working on it.

Hope everyone has a great day today
Old 10-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Wow! What a flurry I missed this morning! I was in full Monday mode; that translates into running behind.

Hope everyone had a great day. I was excited to see the sun come out for a bit and now tomorrow is going to be unseasonably warm. Unfortunately the s-word is in the weekend forecast.

Have a great evening, chicks.
Closed Thread