South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 04:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucks - September 25

Well, so much for sleeping until 6. Woke at 3 and tried to get back to sleep but the darned brain was in overdrive. I must get back to taking it out at night. I'm going to be pretty tired by the time the Fair Board Meeting rolls around at 7 p.m.

Jazz is feeling himself again. He did go to pet therapy with me and had a great playtime with his new pal Joey the Aussie shepherd after that. Joanne brought tennis balls and we discovered that Miss Millie knows about balls. She actually goes after them and then brings them back and drops them at your feet. That makes me feel better about her previous life. Someone must have cared.

Lots to get done today which is part of the reason I woke so early. I have Book Club here tomorrow night and need to get snacks organized today as tomorrow daytime will be busy with getting things organized at the Mill and Town Hall for the wedding rehearsal and decorating. I sure miss having staff! I'm doing that wonderful taco bake that is always a hit but the rest of the book club snacks will be fruit, cheese and crackers plus veggies and dip. I often think we should just serve a simple dinner like soup and salad or a stew with veggies. It somehow seems less fuss.

Just checked the weather and we are going to see the sun today and the temps will go up to an amazing 75ºF. Maybe summer is back. Ya think?

OK - another coffee and we'll crank up the day. The dogs are back in bed.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I think you sent your weather down here, Ruth. It's rainy and windy this morning.

The kids have the day off school because of the holiday, so Audrey and I planned a shopping trip to Jo-Anne's to look for materials for Halloween costumes, and Maggie is at a slumber party.

Jennifer, thanks for the tip on freezing spaghetti squash, I've never frozen it before but will give it a try. Last night I made a sort of mock macaroni & cheese with it, and it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to leftovers tonight!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-25-2014, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Holiday? I'm trying to figure that one out....

Ruth, did you decide on a book for your club?

Just came back from a walk/run, it kinda wore me out today, pathetic! I did wait a few minutes to go, since it was pouring. I suppose the humidity didn't help.

Children are beckoning...
Old 09-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Tammy, I did get the next book, The Love of a Good Woman, one I want to read! Alice Munro is my favourite Canadian author - she won the 2013 Nobel Prize for Literature. She's the master of the short story and writes about life. Not sure the guys will like what I've chosen but tough! I've waded through too darn many books about war, survival in the Arctic and cowboys!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies. I am going to another workshop today so I thought I would have a few extra minutes....but somehow I must have been moving slowly since those minutes are disappearing!!

Ruth, had tacobake for dinner last night. DH always mentions how much he likes it. We sometimes splurge and get some bean chips to go with it. Yum.

Loving this warm weather! Made it out into the garden for a bit yesterday. Cut down a few perennials, pulled the tomatoes and dead squash plants. Usually I do a Saturday garden cleanup marathon but this year I am going a bit at a time.

Ok, I think I need to get myself organized. Have a great day chicks! Coffee anyone?

Last edited by Beth19; 09-25-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, the holiday is Rosh Hashana.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I figured it out later, Cottage! LOL...because of the grocery store ads. Not too big of a Jewish presence in our town.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Nor in mine, Tammy. It's WASP central around here.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It looks like it is going to get up to 80 degrees for the next couple of days should be nice.

I am slowly working on my project my test cases are due this Friday so need to speed it up we have a call today to see if we will all be done with our part of the step of the project so we can move forward.

Tonight DD2 has soccer practice and that is about all on my agenda. Have some sick ones in the household DS is sick and stayed home today and DH has done something to his back. I think the boys are worse than the girls when they are sick

Ruth hope you stay awake for the meeting tonight

Cottage we started on DD2 costume for Halloween as well, we will start painting it this weekend.

Tywnn you exercised so that's good right...

Beth enjoy your workshop!

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread