South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/162/134

Height: 5'2"

Default Slow Start--any advice?

All,
My first time with South Beach I had great success--lost 30 lbs over 6 mos and felt great doing it. Kept it off for about 4 years and then over about a 2 year period due to stress and laziness, gained it back. I have carried that weight for 4 years and so now am getting serious about getting back to my goal weight. So it has been about 8 years since I last did this diet.

Just started again last week and I am struggling more--it has only been 5 days and I am feeling good, but no freshing lightness in my middle. I am needing some words of advice or encouragement or recommendations for what I should I look at. Not enough water? Too much sodium?

Advice much apreciated!

AnnieB4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I think that for many, doing Phase 1 for a second (or third, or fourth time - ha ha) will not result in the same rate of weight loss as when you first do it. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I feel like I'm not alone (I've also noticed it).

Yes, make sure you get all your water (64 oz. or more) and dairy servings each day. Also make sure you are eating enough. Not eating enough can stall your loss. It seems like this was a plan that really worked for you, so you might just need to get over this initial hump. Want to post a daily menu for feedback?
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/162/134

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the counsel. The point that my body will react differently this time around is well taken. I will keep plugging away and might take you up on the offer to look over my eating plan if i haven't budged in a week or two.
I think I also need to get serious with myself about exercise. There is a big difference being older, too. I bought supercharged, but haven't started that exercise work yet. One more thing to help!
AnnieB4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree. I've done PH1 a few times over the years and don't always have the same weight loss as I did the first time. But long term it always works for me. (When I stick with it.)
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #5  

Funny - I am experiencing the same thing. During my first round P1 I lost about 12 lbs. this time around I am happy if it is even five.
Xena31 is offline   Reply With Quote