South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wakey! Wakey! It's Tuesday, August 5 Already!

Another weekend washed away although it didn't rain ALL the time. The doggage and I are developing webbed toes. More of the same is on the menu today.

Feels like Monday today after the holiday weekend. I did get to the bank depository yesterday and woke this morning with the realization that I put the week's deposit into my OWN account rather than into the Mill account. (First clue, we were not in overdraft.) As soon as they open at 9:30, I'll get there and get that fixed. Darned bank cards are the same except for the name, of course.

I am on "supervisor" duty at the Mill today but just need to let the staff know where I am in case I'm needed. I do have to track down some papers in the archives but the rest of the day (after the bank) will be mine. If it dries up a tiny bit, I will put in some more Rainbow Chard and leaf lettuce for fall veggies. My "dwarf" kale crowded out the first crop.

What's on your agenda today? I find it hard to realize that in the US schools open soon.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

My kids don't go back til after labor day Ruth, although the public schools don't go back until just before labor day! I must say, they despise the summer camp they're in, and don't hold anything back in their feelings.

Yesterday was a disaster in food (well, last night), but I don't think I overate...just completely off SBD. Work was insane, and the family was gone, and my leftover soup sounded completely unappealing...but a pb & j?!

Hopefully today won't be as crazy.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, we missed the rain yesterday, but I was stuck inside so it didn't matter. Hope you have a good day and schools in NY don't open until after Labor Day. I'd swap late August for having June off, though.

Sophie,
I don't know when you lived in Kingston but Watertown has exploded in the last 20 years since the Army base expansion. Was the mall opened yet? There has been a ton of growth.

Today I'm back to the workshop so I've got to fly. I'm packing my own lunch today. Yesterday we were stuck with burgers, dogs, chips and iceberg.

Have a good day, chicks!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got a text at 1am that DD headed to the hospital...then I slept in despite some important paperwork that had to be done-pre work. Got that accomplished now I'd best get everything else in order. I'm guessing there will be a baby by the time I'm off work and we'll head down to the hospital.

Beth, hope the seminar is interesting!

Twynn, pbj didn't sound that bad lol!

Ruth, I hear ya' on all the different accounts. HDepot is where I have to be so careful. I have the business card and the personal card. My name is spelled wrong on the business card but I can't see it without my reading glasses. hope the mill doesn't need you today.

Ok, on the run have a great day everyone!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - exciting!

I'm off to physical therapy this morning. Then DH and I are going to pull the trigger and book the land tour portion of our Ecuador trip after many emails back and forth with the agent. Next after that is booking the short flight within Ecuador and the hotels for the nights we are on our own. It's coming together. Slowly. I hate all the decisions and research but it should pay off in January.

Still loving my zucchini noodles. Starting to get some cherry tomatoes from the plants DH is growing on our deck.

Have a great day.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Baby just arrived! No details yet! His name is Remy.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Colleges start before Labor Day, but we always went back the Wed after a Labor Day. My nephew in NC starts next week. The southern states start early as to end before the brutal heat begins. Although there schools have AC.

Beth are you referring to Kingston in Ulster County? I'll be there in September for a bike ride. Never been to Waterlown. Maybe I should check it out.

Tammy I remember DS hating summer camp one year. Made for a really long summer. Good luck. PB&J is not terrible!!!

Debbie keeping your DD in my thoughts. Hope she delivers quickly.

Ruth the only deposit I make is direct deposit. The checking account is dwindling each week before pay day lol. That reminds me no more spending until Thursday lol.

AC is cranking even though it is still comfortable out. We are supposed to hit 90. Since I have college paperwork, food prep and cleaning to finish I think I want the house to be cool. Joe is coming for dinner. I splurged on filet mignon. I am grilling zucchini, yellow squash and Lebanese squash as our side dish.

I weigh in on Sundays. This week I was well under goal Whoo hoo haven't seen that in a while. Sunday I was naughty two slices of pizza, 2 garlic knots and a cannoli. Completely on P1 yesterday. Well today I am up 6 pounds. I knew to expect to be up a little. I really do believe my upward spikes are more hormone related then from poor choices. With the exception of Sunday, I have been eating extremely clean for two weeks. Does anyone else find this happening?

Ok enough griping. Time to finish my smoothie and start the day.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Congratulations Debbie!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, indeed, Debbie. We are waiting for pictures now!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is pretty right now but rain is supposed to be headed our way today. I am wfh today and have to get some budget stuff done. Have 2 dentist appts today one for DD2 who has to have another baby tooth pulled (Ortho doctor ordered) and then I am going to pick up my night guards for my teeth for sleeping.

DD2 starts August 18th, we are registering today, she is not looking forward to it, new school and she starts changing classes all day.

Ruth it is easy to confuse but at least you discovered your mistake.

Tywnn I had one of those last week when I was off plan it just sounded so good.

Beth enjoy the workshop

Debbie congratulations on the baby arriving!

Jekel your dinner sounds delish! My scale is all over the place and I blame it on hormones too (even when op).

Have a good day everyone
Old 08-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Running late this morning but at least it's because I slept in and not because I got distracted. It's Tim's late night so I'll stop in later when it's quiet.

Hooray for grandbabies!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Lexiss, congrats!! My son has a good friend named Remy. Children are such a blessing (although they don't always feel like they are!) and it goes by so fast. I'm in a period where my heart just aches at how fast my son is getting older. Today he told me (he is 10) that people evaluate friends by what kind of cell phone you have (he doesn't have a cell phone btw) and what kind of computer you have. I'm so sad that kids today have to deal with all this pressure. I had pressure when I was growing up, but the divide did not seem so great.

*sigh* just feeling a little melancholy today. Anyway, I got up at 5am this morning! And went right to the gym in my complex without coffee and did a Tabata routine on the stationery bike. It was short enough to be bearable and got me up and out of the house to start my day, so it fulfilled its purpose. I'm going to try to start my day off like this...then I had some more time to exercise and clean before the guys got up. I really am not good for anything when I get home from work so I need some way to take care of it all in the early part of the day.

The school where I work starts on August 27 which is late for us, but the NYC public schools start on 9/4 which seems early. Still, it feels like the month is flying by. Hope everyone has a great day today!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 08-05-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Bonjour

Ruth long weekends are always weird, even if one is retired

Tammy. Hope your day is better today

Beth. I lived in Kingston, Ontario in the early 80s. Will have to stop some day when we are passing by. Boy, your lunch yesterday sounds good lol

Debbie. Congratulations on the new baby. Pictures, of course

Karen your trips are always so exotic

Jennifer. Those college years fly by. Enjoy your filet

Pearl rose. Can't stress enough how important it is to wear a night guard. Lots of my problems would have been avoided if it was to me. I grind my teeth at night

boy did we have a huge thunderstorm yesterday. Lasted about 2 hrs. More rain today. I did manage to weed my front flower bed. Have the lovliest orange cone flowers. Have to make soup this morning
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread