South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175.8/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Default New here and question

Hi Everyone! I am new here. I started south beach about a week and a half ago (Sunday 4/27). I have a total of about 30-40 lbs to loose. I look forward to getting to know everyone in this forum.

I have a question already, though. I have stuck to phase 1 to a tee. I lost 3 lbs in the first 6 days, but since Saturday have stalled out. Actually, I am up 1/2 lb. It seems really early to already be stalling out. I am eating a ton of veggies, drinking a lot of water, running 4 days a week (this was my routine already). I am not constipated. Any thoughts on what else might be causing this stall so early in the program? I understand that stalls will happen occasionally, but stalling this early in the program is kind of discouraging.
erin_threeladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Were you eating pretty well already? I only lost 6 lbs...then gained one pound back the second week, the very first phase 1 I did. In my repeats of phase I (to get me back on track), I've only lost 2-3 lbs max. I think because I've already got a *pretty* good diet, just not strict.

As well, your muscles retain water, and I always find my weight is higher the day after a hard run.

Make sure you post your menus in the menu thread too!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175.8/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you! My diet was all over the place, good some days, terrible others... and I was drinking beer regularly on the weekends, so I thought maybe I would see a bigger drop, but maybe not. I guess we'll see what happens as I keep going...
erin_threeladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/289/150

Height: 5'2"

I experienced a similar loss, lost 6 lbs in the first few days of phase 1 & then went up a 1/2 lb or so for a few days. By the end of the two weeks, I lost 9 lbs & then kind of stalled there for a couple weeks. After 5 weeks, I am down 15 lbs. I seem to stay at a weight & then all of a sudden drop a couple of pounds, it can be frustrating (especially if you are like me & can't help but weigh everyday) but if you stick to the plan, changes will happen
Mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Remember that TOM can make you retain water, too much salt, etc.

Stick with it! I wish I had listened to my own advice...I lost 30 pounds on SBD, went off plan and it all went downhill - gained it back and then some.

This is a lifestyle change so believe me, even if the scale's # isn't what you want, you WILL look an feel better!!!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote