South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default More Sunshine Monday - May 5

Yes, please - more sunshine. It poured all day yesterday and the leak in the studio was still there. The forecast for the week is sunshine and I'm hoping Paul can get there and fix it. We are finally slated to get proper May sunshine and warmer temperatures this week. Yay!
It was raining so heavily yesterday that I just went to town, did my meeting thing and came straight home without going to a garden centre. I was tempted to just go for a nap but instead made the rum cake for today's quilting meeting. I do have squares in the freezer for this afternoon's Mill Exec. meeting. I hate having two meetings on the same day but that's how it goes.

Since I don't have to be at tomorrow morning's interview, I may slip into town early and maybe get a few pansies for my side flower box. Last year the whole box was a washout - the drainage holes had never been opened. It's probably time to get the garlands and lights put in the barn too. They DID get taken down but are still in their box on the front porch. It's getting time to sit out there with a dog on my lap and watch the world go by.

Have a great Monday as we sashay into the first full week of glorious May!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The sun is shining here and it's a perfect morning to sit out on the patio with a cup of coffee, and that's exactly what I plan on doing for my next cup. My hostas and ferns are up and the azaleas are ready to burst into bloom, and I want to drink it all in before I have to leave this morning.

We got our whole garden planted yesterday, and now we're just keeping our fingers crossed that we don't get another frost. We do have buckets and canvas on hand, just in case. I got out all my capris yesterday too, so warm weather had better be officially here!

I hope everyone has a day full of sunshine!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:49 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Time is short and I'm headed outside RIGHT NOW! Work calls soon

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Cottage, you're brave in planting already! I did plant my greens right a week before easter, they didn't come up well (I didn't water the first few days, when we actually didn't have rain....). It does look gorgeous out today, then I saw that it's only 37 degrees...no coffee on our back porch! Hope yours is enclosed!

Ruth - I hope he can get that leak fixed for you ASAP!!

Debbie - have a great day!

Yesterday we wound up going on a day trip to a state park, I caught a pike . Then absolutely nothing else. It wasn't as pretty as today, but it was still nice to get out and explore.

Today is a shorter day of work, then....gosh, I dunno! OOPS - DH's niece is getting married Saturday, I need to find something to wear. I also need to get DD some silver sandals, she's in the wedding as a junior bridesmaid. LOL...I keep telling myself not to forget to bring the dress (it's a 500 mile drive...).

Four more work weeks left at my job!!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning another gorgeous day here too. A little windy which will make riding tough again today. Looks like rain over the weekend. Hope it misses wherever we are riding. I don't think I will be planting anything until after I get back. I do want to get my house pressure washed, it is looking a little green yuck! I may spend some time fighting with my front door light. I've replaced the photo sensor and it still doesn't work ugh!!!

Ladies a miracle just happened.....DS left for school early!!!! Without me saying a word to motivate him Hallelujah

Tammy the wedding got here quickly! Seems DD was just asked to be in the wedding.

Ruth I think you might have more free time if you worked a "regular" job. Retirement seems way too busy

I guess I better start getting motivated. We leave Friday. This house needs a thorough cleaning before then!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Beautiful weather here too. Morning workout. This afternoon DH and I might go on the Parade of Homes for fun. I like to look at the most expensive homes but this year he said he wants to see some that would actually be in our price range. Hmm.

My weight has slowly crept up a few pounds. I guess the time has come to get a bit more serious about things. I guess I am eating more than I realize and might have to go old school and start writing it all down.

Have a great day.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning (just made it in, been up since 5:30). Today is do or die day for our bill so I am supposed to be on the phone non-stop getting calls in. Someone needs to tell the little fallout of warblers outside my window because I am mightily distracted. I hope we get through this time because the legislative stuff is so not my thing Now back to work, window still open
Old 05-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, happy Monday. The sun finally just broke through, we had been overcast all day but no rain. Still way too wet out there to think about the veggie garden. I'm hoping for several dry days to help that out. I do have white and yellow daffodils blooming, so that is cheerful. Maybe I can get a planter of pansies too.

Hope everyone had a merry Monday; I'm off to make fajitas for dinner- it's Cinco de Mayo, after all!
Closed Thread