South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Chatterings, April 18

I'm sipping my coffee and contemplating what all I have to do today. First off, my doctor appointment at 9 for my routine check-up. I was tempted to cancel, but I need a refill on my Ambien, so I may as well go. Then I have to spend some time with Dad, finalize the menu for Easter and get groceries, and find time to clean and get the laundry done. What doesn't get done today can be put off until tomorrow.

Have a Good Friday!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hello Cottage and all chicks to follow!

I just got back from a walk with the Emma Jean, and am checking on my chicks, and I just realized how much I have to do! I need to pack for our trip, we're hoping to leave right after I'm done with work at 1 pm or so.

I took home the CX5, I'm not in love with it. I HATE the black interior (why not gray?), and it's kinda noisy at an idle. Definately not worth spending more than I wanted to anyway.

You chicks have a great weekend and Easter! We're in the boondocks, so I probably won't check in much.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Chat - April 19

Good morning. Looks like the weather is going to co-operate for the Easter/Syrup Festival Weekend. Whew! We are all so ready for the end of the interminable winter.

Busy day ahead with set-up to be done in the Mill and Town Hall so I won't linger. I have some baking done and will do more today. It'll be a day in fifth gear and bed will feel great tonight.

Hope your Friday is a good one.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! DS2 had to be to work at 7 today so we've been up and at 'em for a bit. Now I'm sipping my coffee and building up my enthusiasm to go outside. I should be able to finish the yard raking/cleanup today and I'm excited about that. I'm also excited about the daffodils and how big they have grown this week! Yeah for spring.

Tammy, sorry to hear the car was a disappointment. It is SUCH a tough decision to find what you want. Have a great trip!
Cottage, have a productive day.
Ruth, it looks like winter has finally moved out. Enjoy your weekend.

To all the chicks to come, happy Friday!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday,

I took today off so it was a great start to my weekend I got Easter lunch groceries yesterday and bought some shrubs for DH to plant around the house. DS and I will get started on the deck we are going to remove outdoor carpeting, powerwash and replace a few boards that need replacing and then re-stain it. Trying to get a few more years out of it.

Tywnn I hope that was a trail with it and you can return it.

Cottage I hope you get everything done today

Ruth enjoy your weekend.

Beth enjoy your outside work so nice to be able to do stuff outside

Have a wonderful Good Friday.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Friday all!

Cottage - I too take Ambien but am too "addicted" to it and find I don't sleep well without it. It's from the Prednisone but meh! Good luck at the Dr.

Twynn - Safe Travels!

Ruth - have a good day of baking!

Beth - I have NO green thumb so I am jealous of your daffodils!

Pearl - also jealous of your day off!

I already fell off the wagon after only 2 days of Ph1. I know the meds contribute but I seem to be using it as an excuse and lost my willpower. Can anyone help me find it???

Hopping back on though immediately with a huge salad for lunch. I know I've gotten through holidays before while on Ph1...Easter seems to be alluding me and no amount of beating myself up is helping.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Rough night here, the little dog wasn't feeling well and I just didn't sleep. We aren't sure if she just ate too much yesterday (she has developed a bad habit of not chewing food) or if she ate something bad. We had a big load of compost soil delivered and she found something to eat before Tim could stop her. We will keep an eye on her today. She seems to be doing better this morning, though still can't quite get comfortable. We were going to go for a walk but will stay home and work on the long list of yard chores instead. Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends including their family from Scotland. I like to think of it as dinner theater.

Tammy - congratulations on the new job! That's so exciting.

Jen - You know the drill, just hop back on. I'm having a similar issue, blaming menopause not meds but I just can't seem to string very many days in a row. We just need to keep on hopping back on

I decided to buy some lovely little local lamb chops for Easter dinner. We don't really celebrate and Tim is working all weekend but I thought it would be nice to have something different for dinner. Now I need to figure out how to grill them. Any suggestions? remember I was vegetarian for about 35 years so not a lot of experience. Years ago I loved lamb in stews but that's the only experience I have. thanks!

Time to get to the herb bed, plant peas, and start some seedlings.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Cottage thanks for the welcome. I'm sure food will taste the same again

Ruth. Hope your not getting tne rain we are

Twynn. I agree on the black interor

Beth sounds like your well ahead of schedule

Pearlrose. Your one busy faily

Cyndi. Look up mustard crusted lamb chops on allrecipes.com. its a ver similar recipe that julia child uses. Be sure not to over grill

Me. Just cleaning and making a few things for Sunday's dinner with family
Take care
Sophie
Closed Thread