South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday SBD Daily Chat, 4/17

It's such a beautiful, sunny morning, that I was tempted to enjoy my coffee out on the sunporch, but it's cold out there!

I don't have any special plans for today, aside from the girls coloring Easter eggs. Yes, you are never too old for that, except that now the process involves intricate designs made with paint pens and decoupage, LOL. Oh well, it keeps them busy.

I'm looking forward to a long weekend since I took Monday off, but it looks like it's going to be another busy weekend with prepping for what's turning out to be a huge Easter dinner. I'll need Monday to recuperate!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Thoughts of Spring - April 17

When we start getting slightly warmer mornings, I'll believe it's really coming! I pulled Christmas foliage out of the big barrels in front of the Mill mid-afternoon yesterday and it was darned cold. However, I felt better when I got home and saw that the goldfinches at the feeder were now in their bright yellow coats instead of their drab winter ones.

The tripe to town was great and I got a lot of things done. The only problem was that I had to go to Bulk Barn and discovered they moved ... to right beside the dreaded Chines Buffet. You can guess what I had for lunch. The scale is being nasty to me again. I should had had just salad for supper but succumbed to ww pasta since I was chilled from working outside.

Today should be an OK day at home. I do have to go to the Mill to dig out some books for the gift shop. How could we not have "The History of the Delta Mill" in the gift shop? I hope to get that done before our wildly enthusiastic new member arrives. Yesterday she had me sucked into helping her level a heavy old display cabinet. Baking supplies are all organized and I'll go full blast on it today and tomorrow morning. We plan to sell some pre-made sammies at the Town Hall and I'll do them early Saturday since I have to be there by 8.

Hope your Thursday is warm and sunny, one or both!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It IS cold out there, Cottage! I still went on my walk at 30 degrees though, with scarf and gloves (should've doubled up on the pants, my legs were cold....). It is beautiful though, and I scared a couple of ducklings .

Since my staff now knows, I can officially say that I have given my notice at work, and my last day is May 30!! (I have referred many clients to this site, and was afraid some might be lurkers like my friend Wendy ) That's a big contributing factor to my lack of sleep and extra stress lately! Now, to make it thru my notice time (typical for my field). It's going to be a bit tough at the new job, being a 50 min drive each way (and why I'm looking for a new car), but I think it will be worth it.

I have a very long day at work today, and then work in the AM tomorrow, and leaving for NC for Easter. DH's mom has alzheimers, and we're trying to see her as much as possible before she doesn't remember us at all. Shouldn't be 30 degrees down there, right?!

Have a great Thursday!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks! Sunny and cold here right now but the high should be at least 20* more than yesterday! I spent time raking again yesterday and it was chilly!

Tammy, that's exciting news. Was I not paying attention, where is your new job?
Cottage, coloring eggs sounds like fun. Having only boys in my house we outgrew some of those activities way too soon!
Ruth, your bird comment made me think of a story: one spring my son, who was about 4 or 5 at the time, was watching our birdfeeders and declared "all the chickadees had turned yellow." It was of course, the goldfinches.

Today I will continue with yard work and niggles. In my dream world I would have gone on vacation this week but if I had I don't know when these other chores would have been done.

Ok, off to find more coffee and breakfast. Have a great day, chicks!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's cold here too but I really believe things are looking up Tomorrow I will plant my peas (2 weeks later than I wanted to) and get my gardens ready for the serious planting to come. today I work. I've got my binoculars in the car so I'm ready for any stray birds I spot along the way.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Does anyone wear custom orthotics? That might be my next route after having tried so many shoes that don't seem to work. But I'm worried my feet will adjust to needing the orthotic (and the do recommend wearing them 70% of the time) and then I won't be able to walk around the house shoeless. I'd hate that!!

Eating has been back on track. I'm off work for the next several days and enjoying being lazy and doing niggles. Today or tomorrow I have to get to Costco to pick up a prescription.

So it turns out my derm was correct about the spot on my shoulder being basal cell carcinoma. I've had 2 others (on my face and melanoma on my leg) so this doesn't faze me. I go back in a few weeks to have her remove the rest. Fortunately the mole she took off from "where the sun don't shine" was okay; it is a very annoying spot to wear a bandage and rather uncomfortable sitting.

Tammy - Tell us about the new job.

Have a great day.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

On a long conference call that I don't need to contribute much to so thought I would hop on and say Hello

Tywnn are you excited about the new position? Is there better hours for you and your family?

Ruth I was expecting the scale to be down when I got on this morning and instead it was up a couple of lbs darn scale

Cottage I have to get the goodies for the easter baskets for my kids. I do not do big presents for Easter just a goodie basket.

Karen glad that you are getting your spots taking care of.

to everyone else

Back to listening to the call. Can't wait for my 3 day weekend to start
Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We did head over the hill and right to the pool yesterday morning. I'm into swimming these days so I swam while DH jogged back and forth and we waved to our water aerobics friends. We have such little time here these days. I took DH in to lift weights early and I've been trying to get caught up-washed new veggies did my lil weight routine made smoothie and am drinking it before I head out the door. I dug a few weeds, too, it is so wonderful here. DH even mowed the lawns yesterday.

Twynn, congrats on the new job! I'm glad you can talk about it now!

everyone else!

I'm meeting my friend in the deep end for conversation and exercise and if I don't get there early I'll miss my swim.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/169/140

Height: 5'7"

Waisting time ...i had custom orthotics made after foot surgery back in in 2008. They were made with a fancy machine at foot surgeons office that measured my foot when i stood on it. They were $500 but my insurance paid. Thank goodnes b/c they were very very stiff and inflexible. I walk a lot outside so no way could i wear them. Talked to doc and no way to have better custom pair ..these were supposed to the best...so went to walmart and got the dr. Schols ones that you buy determined by the dr. Schols machine. They are WAY better than custom ones. Shorter in length so more comfortable and only about $50. I wear them alot without any kind of pain. ( i have no arch support naturally). I dont have to wear them around the house but if i go for a couple month without wearing them in my shoe ..for example if i wear open sandles alot during summer....then i get foot pain and leg pain so have to wear again. Shorter periods without them just around house etc. do not bother me. Honestly this was the best option for me and i'm about to buy another pair. Mine have lasted years and could use replacing now although they really could be worn a little longer. Hope this helps.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 179/169/140

Height: 5'7"

One more thing that might help...i wear asics gym shoes. I found them to be the most flexible when walking. My doc told me to buy mens because they are wider and fit the shape of my feet better. I also like sketchers go walk shoes ( womens) but cannot fit orthotic in them b/c too tight. They are comfy to run quick errands in though.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Afternoon all,

I forget how hard the first few days of Ph1 are - OMG CRAVINGS!

Conquering the emotional eating is hard...not so good news yesterday from the doctor and I want to take it out on bad bad foods! But I won't.

I hope everyone has a grand afternoon! Will try to check in bright and early tomorrow!

And CONGRATS TWYNN!

Last edited by jenne1017; 04-17-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hello

Well I'm here. Have been reading all your posts but juzt wasn't in the mood to write. I have 5 implants on top and a temporary bridge on top.also getting crowns on some buttom teeth. Should have had braces as a kid or some dentist should have suggested them to me even asan adult . All this adds up to $$$ but I guess I have to look at it as an investment in my health. I have to admit that my eating went out of control about two weeks before the procedure. I just kept telling myself. You won't able to eat this, have it

Karen. I have orthotics. This is my third pair. All 3 were by different people. Had a short one and when I went to a new place they said why on earth would you have a short one, your whole foot needs support. Finally my dr sent me to one that was connected to a hospital and they did a mold. Those were great from the first moment. I wear slippers at home with a good support
Hi everone else
Take care
Sophie

T
Old 04-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Karen. I forgot to mention I have very high arches and a bunion
Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sophie, it's so good to see you back to posting again and hope you are feeling better each day. It sounds like your ordeal was positively awful, but I know you are glad you did it. Take care and I hope you continue to heal well.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late night check in

Tammy congratulations!!!!! Hope you enjoy your new job

Sophie, my mom had similar work a few years ago. She loves her new smile. She is 69 and only recently started smiling showing her teeth. Smile big when it doesn't hurt anymore.

Karen I have been wearing custom orthotics since I was a teenager. I have really high arches and roll in on my heels. I have had half and whole feet ones. I love the whole feet. I do try to buy sneakers, boots, casual shoes with removable foot beds. I walk around the house in socks or barefoot, no issues at all. I LOVE my Keen Whisper Sandals. I don't wear orthotics in them, but they are really comfortable. I think I wore them almost everyday in the summer. They are machine washable too!!

Tammy thanks for your support the other day. We are good, but boy did I yell!!! l tend to keep things bottled up. He is learning let me erupt and get it out of my system...hormones don't help any either

Linda post pics of the pretty eggs.

Debbie glad you and the hubby are getting some pool time in.
I would post more, but the sandman is calling me zzzzzzzzz
Closed Thread