South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thuddenly Thurthday - April 10

I bit my tongue in my sleep and know that's how I'll be talking for a while. I feel so dumb when I do thomething like that but will get over it after another coffee.

We sure had a doozy of a day in quiet little Delta. The Upper Lake just kept rising and rising until the Ministry of Natural Resources removed three logs from the dam. The guys filled sandbags to protect the Mill and Dive Shed but some water did seep in. The wheel in the Mill got jammed with a log that get through and one of the brave firemen climbed down on a rope, unjammed it and got quickly pulled out of there before it started to turn again.

There is even more flooding this morning with the road to the park and Lower Lake homes covered and closed. Some folks have had their electricity shut off by Ontario Hydro because the water is up past the electrical panel. Just to give you an idea, there was a canoeing party ON the main drag last night.

I am so glad I live mid-Village and only have Lake Sheridan in the dogyard and a bit if water in the basement.

for a non-eventful day but ...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

WOW, Ruth! I guess that's probably a little expected after the crazy winter we had. Someone told me the other day that next winter is supposed to be worse - HUSH UP! Can't we recover from this one first?!?

LOoooong day for me. I guess I should take a shower first before I get the kids off to school and make my salad for lunch. Doesn't an avocado on it sound delish?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Gosh, Ruth, I sure hope the flooding doesn't get worse and that the waters start receding! Has this ever happened before? I'm glad your house is safe from it!

The new puppy pickup was rescheduled for this afternoon. "Coal" is half Scottish terrier and half Jack Russell, and is pitch black, thus his name. I haven't seen him yet, but I know he's a tiny dog and won't get very big. It will be interesting to see how he gets along with his new siblings.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Cottage, that's going to be a bold little doggy! I bet he is absolutely adorable .
Old 04-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup it has happened before but it was just a one day wonder. The water has risen more overnight and is now right in front of the Mill. There is no way anyone can get through town unless they are in a boat. Once again the firemen are opening the drains - removing the grates on the road which routes the water into the creek. Remember visiting Toni a while ago? She's right on the Lower Lake and it is overflowing too. Of course all the news is about flooding of the Rideau close to Ottawa but this is worse. More rain is expected starting tonight and again on Sunday but the biggest part of the problem is snowmelt.

That pup sounds cute and a handful. Let's hope he has more Scottish blood in him than JackRussel!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'll spend more time online today now that I'm hooked on the ancestor search. And I have my annual dermatologist appointment to check moles, etc. I never enjoy stripping down and being inspected.

Yesterday I made my first ever trip to the New Balance store, continuing on my quest for new athletic shoes that I can also wear standing for hours at work. I'm eager to try out my purchase. Ugly but comfy for the short stroll around the store. Fingers crossed.

Biggest news is that DS2 is coming home from college for a long weekend. All the conversation about it was with DH so I'm not sure if I should be worried. Supposedly he just needs to get away. And I know he was very frustrated with how registration went for next semester.

Have a great day.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth I hope everyone is safe with all of the flooding.

Tywnn one of these days I will have try avocado again to see if I still dislike as an adult

Cottage the pup sure does sound cute

Karen you will have to let us know if the shoes worked out for you.

Today car adjuster is coming to look at my bumper (someone rear ended when my DD1 was stopped at RR tracks while we where gone). I also need to renew my license before the 21st and it is creeping up on me, may do this afternoon or tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread