South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wild Weekend on the Beach 3/29-30

Wild...catching two boys coming upstairs at 2 am, and not sure what they're doing. Harassing the girls? I doubt getting something out the bedroom! It was quiet otherwise....only the cat was a problem (he was wantin' lovin') since he was displaced by the sleepover.

Not a lot this weekend, other than just recovery. I get a nap today, I hope (Hey, I slept til 5:30 today!). Since it's warming up, I'd like to get the pup on a walk. Definately need to plan out meals for next week, since I'd like to continue this downward trend.

I will admit that I had some of DS birthday party dessert, which was brownie sundae. BUT, I had 1/3 the size, and no toppings at all (just small scoop ice cream). It completely satisfied me (that is my favorite dessert!), and the scale didn't even freak out this morning.

Anyone with exciting weekend plans?
Old 03-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmmm ... nor so sure about "wild" but it IS the weekend!

Donna and I worked on the basement clutter yesterday and it looks much better. I have way too much stuff down there still but do have five big bags of trash and recycle stuff to put out for pick-up this week. The biggest "harvest" was those huge hunks of styrofoam used to pack appliances. They take up so much space in trash bags and are messy to cut up. They have to go in regular garbage and that's $2 per bag. Styrofoam is forever!

Went over to the Town Hall to tackle the kitchen and found that Mariska had already been there and cleaned it! It's all set for "Desperate Housepets" tonight and the dinner/play combo is sold out! I have book club but will see the show Sunday afternoon. It should be fun both tonight and tomorrow afternoon. I love weekends with "stuff" happening.

It rained all day yesterday and sure knocked down the snow on my flower beds. I can see the peony rings which means there's "only" a foot left. The piled snow will probably still be there in May but it's coming.

Have a good Saturday and try for some controlled "wildness".
Old 03-29-2014, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! You know, a sleepover isn't complete without the kids straying around the house in the middle of the night. It sounds like it was a great party. What time do you get to send them all back home?

Karen, I was glad to read that you and DH made it to your son's safely. Have a wonderful visit!

Jake told me he needs a new phone last night, so we're off to the Verizon store as soon as it opens. I have a lunch date with Dad at 11:30, and I'd like to go shopping for a dress to wear to my niece's wedding afterwards.

It's raining all weekend, so we can't do any outside work. But at least it's not snow!

I need to refresh my cup. Can I get anyone a fresh cup?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #4  

I need a fresh cup, thanks Cottage!! Have fun shopping for your dress today.

Ruth - Great job on the cleanup! "Desperate housepets"....sounds cute...what is it?!?

The kids still aren't awake (I'm a bit surprised!)...but the cat sure is happy to get some lovin' time!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Cottage, I'll take a cup! I'm sitting here waiting for the pot to finish. World's slowest coffeemaker ever....Btw, I just ordered a new phone myself. Verizon has a promotional on iphone 5c and DS1 and I are getting one. There's a rebate that makes it end up FREE. When DS1 placed his order the cost was $100 but when we went to pick it up, the rebate amount had been increased so I ordered one as well. Hope Jake finds a good deal on a phone he wants.

Tammy, glad the evening went well. Are they up and running around already? Good job on the dessert portion control.

Ruth, are you getting the storm tonight or just we southerners? Our forecast is 5-8 inches of the heavy wet stuff. But then the temperature goes back above freezing so I'm hoping it will melt quickly.

Today will be groceries, fill the wood rack, anything that involves going outdoors before the snow comes. And I'll probably do some cleaning.

Oh yeah! Coffee's ready!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #6  

Two coffee, coming up!

Ruth, that's a great name for the show. It sounds like it's going to be good! I'm envious of you all having your book club meeting at the Stagecoach this month. Is it a special occasion?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

"Desperate Housepets" is a murder mystery which is solved by the animals. One of the actors is Goldfish and does a great job crossing the stage as a fish. I have no idea why we are doing Book Club at the Stagecoach except that Barb has been pushing it - she's from Newboro originally. We have ordered snacks and can take our own wine for which they'll charge a $5 corkage fee. I still have not read the book.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'll probably do laundry this morning while DH helps DS with his taxes. I packed enough so I could get by without but since I'm just sitting around, it will be nice to either have more options for outfits or get home with less dirty clothes. My mom flies in to join us this afternoon. We are taking DS's girlfriend out to dinner tonight; they've been going out since sometime early fall and we haven't met this one. Unfortunately it is supposed to rain here through tomorrow night. More of a bummer since this is a walkable neighborhood and I was looking forward to taking my mom around on foot.

Have a great weekend.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:13 AM   #9  

Darned it, woke up early again. I am meeting a friend for breakfast in an hour, I'm hoping she'll meet earlier now .

Beth - I think my coffee maker is in competition with yours!! Did you get any snow? (or maybe I shouldn't ask....) We did get a ton of rain, if we were colder it would've been BAD.

Karen - taxes. Ick. I guess I should do those.

I did a whole-lot-o-nuttin yesterday, but it's been a heck of a couple of weeks and was nice to vege. Today I need to finish up the menu and get groceries. Hopefully, another low key day!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:27 AM   #10  

I'm up early because our power went out during the night and I kept wondering what time it was. We heard lots of sirens, so someone must have hit a pole.

Have a nice breakfast with your friend, Tammy. I just put a batch of pumpkin cranberry scones in the oven, and I do plan to have just one for my breakfast.

It's too dark to see what it's doing outside at the moment, but we're hoping for a dry day so we can get started tearing out our old back porch deck stairs and start putting in the new ones. The forecast is for rain all day again, so I don't have high hopes. Other than that, the day is up for grabs, and I may as well enjoy it since the next several weekends are going to be busy.

The oven timer just went off, and the house smells heavenly!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:36 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Hmmm - I could go for one of those scones, Linda, on this snowy morning. Just when I could go out without boots we got another dump of that heavy white crud. Jazz and I are disgusted. Somebody needs to crank up the heat.

We had a good Book Club meeting at the Stagecoach last night. It was a nice break from meeting in someone's home. For a small charge they laid on snackies - nothing spectacular but nice to nibble on. Just realized there were no sweets - a good thing. I even have a doggie bag - snails in mushrooms with pesto.

Going to get dressed shortly and clear the snow off my car. I left it out so the "rain" could clean it up. Boy, was I misguided by a lying weather forecast! Maybe I should just stay indoors until it all melts!

Anyhow, it's Sunday and the tenth day of "spring" - things are bound to improve. Maybe by Easter?
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sounds like everyone is enjoying the weekend. Today is my only day off until next Sunday. Second load in the wash, now need to pack for my few days away. I really hoped to get my bike ready for outside, but promised a Joe I would help with grinding meat. At least I get ground venison Long 16 hours yesterday. Started my shift with a funeral detail and ended with a robbery in progress (good guys 1 bad guy 0).

Our promotional exams have been scheduled for the last week of June. Between DS graduating, the prom, the bike ride in May, Joe building the house, work, studying etc life is getting a little too busy for me. Calgon take me away!!!

Ruth sounds like a fun night....Tammy sounds like a sleepless one lol...Karen enjoy your visit with DS...Linda I desperately need to tackle some outside maintenance too...Beth hopefully you did not get too much white stuff.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:33 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Jennifer, you remind me of someone I know. Lol

Ruth, I am so sorry you got more snow. I know ours is going to wait until April then we're going to get some big dumps.

Linda, the scones smell wonderful!

Hello to everyone else!

We got our big project finished on the other side and traveled yesterday afternoon. Then doing some picking up around the house and I'm sitting outside having my last cup of coffee before I head off to work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies. Currently it is still snowing and I would guess we are in the range of 5-6" of new stuff. Ugh. Yesterday we could almost see grass in a few places...Good thing I went out and got the groceries re-stocked yesterday.

DH and I were worried about losing power so as soon as I got up I started laundry and did a little baking. I made a batch of Rivergirl's PB muffins and another of the pumpkin-cranberry ones that use ground almonds instead of flour. Smells pretty good in here! As long as we have power I will spend the day doing a little cleaning.

Ruth, sounds like a fun evening.

Cottage, did DH find a new phone? Hope you have your dry day.

Tammy, have a nice visit.

Jennifer, enjoy your day off. May it be the right mix of busy and relaxing.

Debbie, hope you have a smooth day at work.

Have a great day chicks, I'm off to refill my cup.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #15  

Beth, Jake did get himself a new phone that he's happy with, but he's not interested in a smartphone. He likes the simple dumbphone that just makes calls, without all the bells and whistles.

It's raining, so we can't do anything outside. I shouldn't complain, though, because at least it's not snow!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-30-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Closed Thread