South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Winter's Back Wednesday, SBD Chat for 3/26

At least we only got a little more than an inch, but it's bitter cold and windy and going to stay that way until Friday.

I'm rushing to get a warming pot of split pea soup done so I can take some for my lunch today. With the way the wind is howling, soup seems like the perfect lunch. I hope the girls' riding lessons aren't canceled so I can get home early today. I had planned to stop by Kohl's on my way home to look for a wedding shower gift for my niece, and I also need to start shopping for a dress for the wedding.

How big is your Hump looking today?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It did snow a bit here Cottage, but barely. This just makes us appreciate spring more, right?!?!

Hump day is busy again for me - work and then a short road trip to a near by town for some adventure. DH gets back tonight, thank goodness.

A sleepy red headed girl just stumbled down the stairs....time to get going!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm squeezing in a last workout this morning with my mom and trainer, then getting on the road. I have everything laid out - just need to pack it all up.

We'll probably go about 10 hours until bedtime tonight, maybe hitting Columbus, OH, give or take. Tomorrow we'll drive further east until we detour south to Morgantown, WV. DH wants to visit two cemeteries there and we'll probably check out the area. It will be his birthday so I'm trying to remember that! Our tentative plan is to then drive on to Harrisburg, PA to spend the night and the next morning sightseeing. Our son took off work on Friday but needs the morning to get things done before we arrive. I know he is buying a vegan birthday cake for DH and have my fingers and toes crossed that he is also cleaning.

So we'll be driving through areas that should have gotten snow yesterday but I expect the roads to be clear. Looks like things won't melt until later in the week.

I more often than not go off the rails with food when I travel, but not always, so I know I can handle this better, with a lot of effort and willpower. Let's not talk about DH's car snacks!! I'm putting it out here hoping it will motivate me

Catch you when I can.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:25 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Just let Jazz back in and see there is a sunrise getting organized and a crescent moon in the south. Another cold day is arriving but the promise is above freezing tomorrow. I hope the East Coast escapes most of this Spring storm - I know our Maritimes are going to really get a bad one.

The Hump today is minor - quilting biddies this morning, pet therapy this afternoon and a meeting tonight. I hate evening meetings and have another one tomorrow night. My preference is to relax with TV and hand sewing after dinner but some of these people have day jobs!

By the way I now have two proper sink strainers so don't feel that yesterday was a waste of time. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

I hope today's Hump is just a gentle slope.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Karen, you're driving right by me! Wave as you go by!!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning no snow here, not even a flake!!!

Karen, good luck and safe travels. I bring a smaller cooler/extra large insulated lunch bag for road trips. Usually it is raw veggies, cheese, apples, water, trail mix and Kind bars. Having my own snacks makes me less tempted when I run in for a cup of coffee aka potty break.

Linda I am purging the freezer, slowly. I have a white bean and escarole soup Joe made which will be lunch during my work week.

Tammy have fun on your adventure. Glad DH comes home tonight.

Today I refuse to look at appliances online lol. It is overwhelming!!! Joe is working in Westchester today. For once he will be down here when I am off. We are going to dinner after he finishes with work. Sorry chicks, but it looks like a burger night mmmmm. I have been really good about skipping the bun and leaving a few fries on my plate.

I do need to be extra careful. The med's side effect include rapid weight gain!!! You would think something meant to clean you out would have rapid weight loss as a side effect. It seems to be attributed to water retention. For some reason though I just want to eat salty foods hmmm. I only take it a few more days then follow up with the GI doc in two weeks.

I have to wear "business" attire to class next week. My wardrobe is anything but lol. I gave my mom a huge box full of professional wear so my options are limited. I am very happy to report the two pair of dress pants I bought last year are very lose in the waist!! Oh and too long lol I guess I lost inches in height too. I refuse to go shopping and will make due with what I have. I just hate feeling uncomfortable in my clothes.

OK time to finish my coffee and get motivated. I am going to try and sneak up to Catskills today. I need to book Joe's party without him knowing

Happy hump day
Old 03-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth don't throw these ones away
Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is starting out chilly this morning in the teens but it is supposed to hit the 50s today.

Got my hair cut last night so I am ready to go for the trip on Friday afternoon. Ready to be in Florida with warmer temps.

Cottage I hope you find the right dress and your soup sounds delish

Tywnn glad your dh is coming home

Ruth glad you have your sink stoppers again

Karen enjoy your travels

Jekel I always think it is so interesting when you lose weight you get inches on your pant length, I am needing some of that lol

I seem to be maintaining this month and that is not a good thing I need to kick in gear my 30 year reunion has been announced for middle of June. I would like to be down 15 lbs before that so have to kick it into gear.

Enjoy your day
Old 03-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #9  

Good afternoon ladies

I am late popping in but I wanted to get out before the wind and rain hit. I needed to gas up and go by Wal-Mart. Also, my shirt which I wear for demo has shrunk in length from over-wear so I popped by the thrift to purchase another white button down. Now, I am just running laundry and doing other household stuff before our evening meeting tonite.

Cottage..Have fun dress shopping. I was looking the other week just to have something to wear in summer for church/date nights. It seems the colors this year are very bright.

Twynn..Glad your husband is coming home.

Karen..Have a safe trip.

Ruth..Glad you got your sink strainers. I saw them yesterday & the middle of Albertsons & I thought of you and I wondered if they don't stock that kind of thing in Canadian supermarkets.

Jekel...That's great that you're slacks are too loose. Maybe invest in a good belt if you don't already have 1 and that would fix the problem if the slacks are only a little loose. I have never heard of clothes getting longer as you lose weight I have to say though I have a few pairs of slacks that seem longer now that I have lost weight but I attributed it to wearing them with different shoes now as I go thru dress flats fairly fast and every shoe has a slightly different heel height.

Happy Humpday Everyone!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

greetings from our favorite beachside hotel. It's cold and windy but no snow anywhere on our route. We are looking forward to some quiet time with minimal work interference everyone is having a post drive nap and I'm enjoying the view.

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-26-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

at Cyndi and all the other chicks!
Sunny but cold here today; just a dusting of snow overnight so that was good. I am really ready to start complaining about the heat!!

Not much going on here today, just work and the dinner routine. Made pulled pork in the crock pot today. I love coming home and smelling dinner!! I think I will pick up a whole chicken or turkey breast to cook this weekend.

Sounds like everyone had a busy day planned. Hope Hump Day was a good one.

Got to sign off; I brought home some paperwork to do tonight and want to get at it before I start nodding off!!
Closed Thread