South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 08:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Beachfront Daily - Saturday, July 19

Whew! Nearly logged off without checking in!

Welcome to all our new Beach Babes! I hope you all pop in to the Daily and say hi - or celebrate something or whine about something.

Life is going to be hectic for me the next week or so as the Fair starts officially the 24th and then there is the dénouement after it closes July 26. I am striving to stay cool as I wrote in my Journal and have meals planned for the whole time. I may not be hanging around in here as much but will sneak in to snoop daily.

I decided yesterday to move on to Phase 2 of SBD. Yes, blueberries and raspberries had a lot to do with it! I am still "just" 8 pounds down but am pleased with that. I intend to maintain at least until after the Fair and not be too self-flaggellating over any minor slips. I WILL not eat chips or other crap from the concessions or have more than a single beer in the beer tent on the last night! My next food trial will be the week I spend out West in August. Hotel breakfasts and other meals with my DD will be a challenge.

Off to start a fairly busy day. I hope everyone checks in for a fabulous Saturday on The Beach.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:31 AM   #2  

Beer? Did you say Beer?? I have been fighting with that stuff all summer.....I want my beer!!! I miss it VERY MUCH!! Good luck on your resolutions Ruth...You are a strong women!!!
Old 07-19-2003, 09:36 AM   #3  
cranky & determined

Thumbs down

Good Morrrrning, Ruthie & all you later-arriving Beach Chicks!

We have a beautiful weekend here, sunny, low humidity, high in the mid-80s. Now, my fav temperature is cooler but mid-80s ain't bad for nyc in the summertime. I'm much more an autumn/spring person.

Things are going well on the Beach - made a great salad wromaine, shallot, snowpeas and grilled chicken for dinner last night and might just make another one tonight.

Ruthie - youre active enough to be in P2, by now for sure! IMNSHO, you deserve to have some BLUEBERRIES! BTW, I'm taking Max to the Cape in his Norwich disguised as a yak outfit - I called his groomer too late and he had the nerve to be going to the Hamptons for ten days! Harumph I'll just have to trim him as best I can around the head and paws - a retired champ is still a champ and he is just too cute yak-like or terrier.

Today is a no-gym day for me -- just doing chores, laundry etc. I leave for the Cape a week from today!

Someone suggested I use flax seeds in the ricotta treats instead of nuts so I'm going to see if I can find some.

Have a great day on the Beach - no matter what Phas you're in! :dander:

Last edited by operadog; 07-19-2003 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:26 AM   #4  

Today I have a 13th b-day party for my niece to go to. I'll try to be good!
Anna, make sure you get the ground flax seeds, the whole ones just pass thru if you know what I mean.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Good Morning!!!
We are having friends over this afternoon, and I am making "legal Mexican"
Hope everything turns out okay!! (AND that I can bypass the tortilla chips...oog!!)
Old 07-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

lurker here
Whimsy, Micalobe Ultra is a low carb beer check it out!
Old 07-19-2003, 12:02 PM   #7  

Happy Saturday to All the Chicks!
Weekends seem to bring on the challenges, don't they? All sorts of temptations just waiting to "get us"!
Be strong--it usually isn't worth the momentary high followed by the why did I do that low! ( I did say usually!!! )
and-if it happens-it happens!
Ruthie-Yes, the berries are a good reason to take the Phase 2 jump over. Be careful and it should be OK. I eat my fruit at night but DH has his in the am without a problem. I guess it's trial and error. Anna: How I envy your Cape trip. I use to go often when I was a NYer
but Cape down here in Fl. means Cape Canavaral and it's definately NOT the same! Kick some sand for me! Have a great weekend everyone! Cindy
Old 07-19-2003, 07:10 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

Anna, when you talk about the Cape, do you mean Cape Cod? Sorry, but I'm a west coast gal and am not familiar with your area. Anyhow, sounds like a nice break for you.

I probably don't deserve to even be here because I certainly haven't been OP at all. But, I miss you guys when I don't check in. I keep hoping that all your successes will inspire me to get back in the groove.

Keep up the good work, gang.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:11 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

hello everyone!

Not new to 3fc nor the forums but really new to SBD. Hi Ruth! It is incredible that you have lost 8 pounds on this diet!

Was doing WW, lost 20 pounds or so, but then came to a standstill for about 7 weeks! I am hoping maybe that South Beach is the answer.

I am looking for some support, as my friends on other threads are not doing South Beach and boy, do I have alot of questions that keep popping up in my head.

Anyway, have a great one girls! Renee
Old 07-19-2003, 10:14 PM   #10  

Hi Beach Babes! I'm having a great time on this program.

Heathyeater, you sound just like me!!! I have been on WW for 3 months. Lost 17lbs. the first 2 months and stalled for the last month! Very frustrating!!! I've been on SBD since 7-17 03 and I weighed myself this morning. Wednesday I weighed 192 and today 188!! 4lbs!!!!!!!!!! I'm in shock, now I know it will work.

3CF thank you for your support!

Nothing tastes as GOOD as THIN Feels

Barb
Old 07-19-2003, 10:16 PM   #11  

Whoops, please forgive me Healthyeater. I should proof read before I Send!

Guess I'm too excited about everything!

Barb
Old 07-19-2003, 10:25 PM   #12  

Thumbs up

Hey friends,
I BLEW it. I went out of town shopping, and did really well, ate eggs for breakfast, and a salad with grilled chicken for lunch. But I just came in at 9 p.m. and my husband and sons had been out for pizza. The leftovers were in the fridge, so guess what????

Now how far do you reckon that'll set me back??? Gosh, I was doing so good!!!! I'm so weak when it comes to either pizza or birthday cake!!!!! My 2 fave things. I will get back OP tomorrow, I jsut hope I don't actually gain weight!!! I'm so dumb.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:40 PM   #13  

I have some of that low carb beer...it isn't bad...however...I did not drink one nor stuff myself with chips like everyone else did today. I stayed OP all day!!! I am so proud of myself...I am going to do this...'cause this is my last chance...I have tried everything else....I want to see my clavical bones again...I think they are sexy..and even though I am 55 years old..I still want to feel sexy and pretty...I will do this.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:26 PM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Good for you Whimsey!!! I did okay until this evening when i had some tortilla chips and guacamole.....At least I didn't eat the cheesecake!!!
Old 07-19-2003, 11:39 PM   #15  

I am with you all the way Whimsey! We should feel sexy at any age! I haven't felt sexy in almost 10 years. But after just 3 days I feel sexy already. In no time I will be out of my fat shirts.

Barb
Closed Thread