South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #1  
Big Looser Wannabe

Default New Here and Looking for Support

Hello everybody!

I'm on day 3 of the SBD (and have lost 5 pounds, most due to fluid probably). Anyway, I'm looking for a place where I can receive some support and maybe even dish a little out myself.

I recently lost my pet, Peggy Sue, a Boston Terrier, hence my screen name. I found a lot of support at a Pet Loss Forum. I am looking for a similar type forum to join for my health and this place seems great.

I am a 40 year old female with about 30 pounds to lose. My husband is on the diet too but I don't know how long he'll last. He needs to lose about 40 pounds.

I'm ready to jump in here and get started! Good luck to you all with your goals!

Tracey
Old 07-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Come on in, Peggy Sue! The water's fine!

There's lots of room on the Beach and some of us even have more room on ou towels since we started. Join us on the daily which is called The Weekend on the Beach this time. We are all supportive and slightly nuts! Check out the Recipe thread too.

And don't worry about "just" losing water weight. We need to lose that too. I lost 8 pounds on the first week and was just delighted - fluid or not!

I'm sorry about your wee Boston. As a pet owner (and nutcase) I can certainly relate to your loss.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:32 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME!! Jump right in and make yourself at home. We have a daily thread to chat, since we chat a LOT, and if you want to journal or look up recipes we have threads for that too!! Too bad about Peggy Sue. It is REALLY hard losing a pet. People without them don't realize that they are members of the family too.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:25 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome Tracey! damnit, Ruth, the dog's name is Peggy Sue. Get it together, will ya?

I'm so sorry about your darling dog.

Yes, we are all verging on being gaunt. Come and join us.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:56 PM   #5  

Default Hi, Tracey

From one 40 yr old (actually I'm 41) with 30 lbs. to lose to another....welcome. I'm new here too. Been on the Beach for 9 days. And as you can see from my icon, I'm an animal lover too.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:12 AM   #6  

Hey Tracey,
Sorry about Peggy Sue. I've never had a pet, but my husband has German Shephards, so I know how attached you can get to them. I've been on the diet since Wed. and have also lost 5 pounds. I agree with the rest of you-water weight or not, I'll take the loss!!!!!! Hang in there!!!!
Closed Thread