South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 04:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Angry South Beach Diet - Week of June 16

Old 06-16-2003, 06:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Linda, congratulations on the 1/2 pound loss! ANY loss is good!
Old 06-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Today is the begining of Week 2 and my official weigh-in after one week is a loss of 5 pounds. I really like this diet and have tried some of the recipies from the book and have enjoying them. Tomorrow I'm trying the Chicken Pistachio Salad: my friend said it was delicious. I also like the vegie Quiches, great for taking to work also.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:11 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Good going, Linda and Sil! Ellis is losing too but is too shy to mention it.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:01 PM   #5  

Congratulations, Sil!!

Ruth, am I shy? snicker.
I have lost a grand total of 8 pounds so far! I'm about half way through week 3.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:45 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

Yippee for Sil and Ellis!
Old 06-17-2003, 07:00 AM   #7  

Thank you Linda!

Did you girls get the recipes from "Heidi" on the Prevention South Beach Forum? I can't remember if you talked about that earlier...
she'll send you a whole bunch of "new" recipes.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:41 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Way to go Ellis

I saw the recipes at prevention by Heide and copied a few of them. I also bought a book (from Amazon) that was recommended called "The Good Carb Cookbook....". They said it had alot of great recipies, shopping tips, etc. Also ordered it along with the South Beach book for no S&H.

Ellis, are you staying in Phase 1 or have you moved on to 2? Have you started to incorporate P2 carbs into your diet and how is that going?

Linda~~~Dis I see "cheesecake and strawberries" on your meal plan? How are you doing?

I really love this WOE because it is not a low carb nor high fat diet. This is very healthy way to live. I hope that I can develop these GOOD habits for a long time. Now, on to the exercise hurdle.

Everybody have a sunshine-filled day at the "BEACH".
Old 06-17-2003, 09:02 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

OK, OK! I give in! I am going to order the book.
(Hmmmm - maybe I can borrow it from Ellis when she becomes perfect.)
Old 06-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #10  
Slimwithin

Yes, you saw Cheesecake and Strawberries on my menu plan. LOL It's perfectly legal. Cheesecake is made with eggs and ricotta cheese and sweetened with Splenda, flavoured with vanilla and a bit of lemon juice and grated lemon rind. All allowed, even on Phase 1. The strawberries are my way of easing into Phase 2, although I have to admit I overdid it a bit yesterday. I even broke down and had two (count 'em ...TWO) home made bread rolls last night with butter. Gosh, they smelled so good coming out of the oven. Time to get strict with myself.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:42 PM   #11  

Thank you, Sil!
I'm going to check out that book "The Good Carb Cookbook..."

Yes, I'm on my first week of Phase Two. I was going to stay on Phase One for another week, but I was starting to cheat, and knew that I needed a change.

It's going GREAT! I lost 5 pounds the two weeks on Phase One, and so far this week I've lost 4 more! (Ruth, did you see that I lost another pound yesterday?)
I'm just being very careful about adding too many carbs back in. I'll often have a piece of flax toast in the morning with some "no sugar added fruit spread". Or the porridge cooked in skim milk with walnuts and cinnamon. yummy.
And I'll have a piece of fruit per day... an apple or a cup of berries. And some yogurt.
Hmmm... I guess I'm not really fully into Phase Two, but I'm content right now with what I've added. I suppose I'll just ease into it gradually.

Linda... that cheesecake sounds amazing! I'm going to try it... we just keep running out of ricotta cheese with those yummy desserts. Oh man... I would have eaten those buns, too! I LOVE bread/buns/bagels/...

Ruth, you can share my book.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

just ordered that cookbook from the library...
Old 06-17-2003, 02:04 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Well, I shouldn't have done it. I felt skinnier so I got on the scale this morning. I'm up 4 lb from Sunday morning!! It's gotta be the cheesecake. I guess I've slightly overindulged. And the fresh buns probably didn't help.
Back to Phase 1 for me and NO MORE CHEESECAKE. I can't believe I ate the whole thing!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 04:15 PM   #13  
it's always something

I think I'm going to give this diet a go I've read several resources that say it's healthy and safe, and is particularly good if you have heart disease. There is a great article at WebMD http://my.webmd.com/content/article/65/72554.htm

I'm going to buy the book tonight.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:29 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Thanks for the article, Suzanne. I guess I need to bite the bullet and order it. my diet book collection weighs more than I need to lose!
Old 06-17-2003, 06:08 PM   #15  

Thank you, Suzanne. I needed a boost and that article did it. I'm having one of those dreaded "I'm eating everything in sight" days. And I haven't had a glass of water all day! I'm probably dehydrated...

Linda... are you drinking enough water? I'm so sorry about your gain, but don't despair... you can do this!
Closed Thread