South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 08:03 PM   #16  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ellis~I think that you are doing the right thing by adding the foods in slowly. You want to be able to maintain your losses and it looks like you are still losing. Great job .

Linda~~I was having a Mocha Ricotta dessert each night and my weight has stalled. I think that I'll cut down on them and have more jello.

I had the Pistachio~Chicken Salad with the avocado dressing for dinner tonight and it was FANTASTIC.

B~1 turkey bacon
2 vegi quiches

S~2 celery sticks w/ Artichoke and Dried Tomato Hummus

L~2 turkey roll ups

D~Pistachio~Chicken Salad

S~jello

Tomorrow I have 2 appointments : one at 11:00 with the dentist (gonna start Night White process to whiten my teeth ) and then a doctor appt at 1:45. I guess that I can make some turkey roll-ups with me to eat in between them. If I don't plan ahead I'll fail.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:44 AM   #17  
Slimwithin

It's been a bad day all round. I started with multi grain toast but had two slices instead of one and topped them off with cream cheese and jam. Lunch at my aunt's was home made buns (that I had brought), deli chicken and cookies. Dinner was rice and stir fry pork and veggies. Ice cream figures in there somewhere as do some chocolates. Back to Phase 1 tomorow.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:17 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh... what a horrible day yesterday! The scale is back up a pound with good reason. Despite my feverish attempt to quell my appetite by drinking huge quantities of water last night, I still felt a terrible pull towards the sugar cookies I'd made for the kid's lunches. Ate 8 of them. Darn.

Sil, I hope your appointments went well yesterday.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:20 AM   #19  

I'm going to track EVERYTHING today!

So far:

- slice of flax bread with no-added sugar strawberry spread
- 2 waters
- V8 juice 340ml

- chicken breast
- cole slaw
- Renee's low fat roasted pepper garlic dressing
- no fat sour cream

- mocha ricotta dessert
- 3 high fibre low fat crisp breads w/strawberry spread
- 2 cheese sticks
- chicken breast
- small bag of Doritos
- 4 waters

DARN!! What a screw-up!! I think I'm a little depressed... I MUST do better tomorrow! That's a two-day in a row cheat!!

I DID have a good workout at the gym today, though. And my pedometer is at 7159 steps. It's ummm... 8:45 pm.
And I DID drink more water today.

Last edited by ellis; 06-18-2003 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:19 PM   #20  
Slimwithin

I'll join you in the food tracking. So far today

Lean bacon
2 eggs

2 string cheese sticks
1 diet Revel

1 chicken breast
chopped veggie salad with oil/vinegar

20 oz water so far. Not very thirsty today.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:06 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

I'm in phase 1 again but had an unplanned day yesterday. I have to get off the computer and go make my lunch. I didn't do that yesterday and this is how that worked out...

3 egg omelet with mushrooms and 2 sl English bacon (I have no idea what Canadian bacon is, unless of course you count what I'm sitting on but I digress)
2 pepperettes
2 lf mozz string cheese
chocolate doughnut
banana mut muffin
salmon on ww
apple
chicken burger on ww with mayo and lettuce.

Not exactly phase 1 or even SBD but today will be better because I'm getting off the computer and making my lunch now. *click*
Old 06-19-2003, 05:25 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nora, "Canadian" bacon is peameal. The other kind is just bacon - or streaky bacon over the pond.
I am still dithering over whether to switch from Atkins. I guess I'm just a bit scared about Phase 2. Maybe I'll become a convert when I get the book.
Make your lunch!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:35 AM   #23  

noranoranora... what a hoot of a "name". I LOVE it!
Have you tried the turkey or chicken bacon? If you keep an open mind, it kind of grows on you.

Okay, I am going to do WELL today!
And so are the rest of you! We are tired of being fat girls! If we can't stick to a program for one little day, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with us!!

So far today:

- coffee w/skim milk
- 1 flax toast w/strawberry spread

- 2 coffees w/skim milk
- 1 cup blueberries with 1/3 cup no fat yogurt
- glass of water

- 2 glasses of water
- sliced sweet potato grilled with olive oil, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper (YUMMY!!)

I still feel the urge to binge... I'm going to make myself another coffee and sit down with a bunch of recipes and make a list of meals for the coming week.

- that dinner thingy (see recipe below). It was REALLY good!
- diet ginger ale
- 2 waters
- pistachios

Last edited by ellis; 06-19-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:34 AM   #24  
GARDENING ADDICT

Come on ladies~ Ellis is right. I know you can do this for at least 2 weeks

Today is day 11 and my scale finally moved down another pound this morning. Thanks for the encouragement, Ellis. I know that it might be slower in the second week and I'm willing to stick to this and not cheat. otherwise, it will NEVER happen.

Yesterday I was on the go with a dental appt and doc appt, so I packed a small cooler with drinks (lemon water, Fruit 2 O, and crystal lite), string cheese, SF jello and 2 turkey roll-ups. It was a life saver

Yesterday I had:

B~eggbeater omelette ( with mushrooms and 1 turkey bacon in pieces)

L~2 turkeyroll-ups

S~1 string cheese
SF jello
D~left over Pistachio Chicken breast
large bowl of roasted veggies (eggplant, red bell peppers &
onions) with melted mozzarella cheese.

This morning I'm going to make another batch of the veggie quiches as they were so handy to have around.
Tonight is our night to go out for dinner. Not sure where we'll go but I will make sure that I stay on program (OP).

As far as exercise goes, I am planning on doing at least 20 min on the exercise bike and lift a few weights. I would love to be able to make this a habit again. I'll have to work on that. I am doing much better about getting all my water

Alright ladies~~~I expect one lousy day of NO CHEATING

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 06-19-2003 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:40 AM   #25  

Congratulations, Sil!!
You're inspiring me even more to do well today! And keep it up with the exercise!

Old 06-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #26  
it's always something

I'm starting today! I can't wait to catch up with you guys My Veggie Quiche Cups are in the oven now.

If we get enough people to join us on this diet, maybe we could open a new forum. We could call it "Fat Chicks on the Beach"
Old 06-19-2003, 09:01 AM   #27  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You slay me, Suzanne. Great title. ROFLOLPIMP and trying to avoid the visuals!
Old 06-19-2003, 09:37 AM   #28  

Sil won't agree with me, Suzanne, but those quiches taste like hay. Spinach hay. Perhaps if they had a good old-fashioned lard pastry they might not taste so bad...
Old 06-19-2003, 10:21 AM   #29  
it's always something

I didn't think they were that bad! I did find myself daydreaming ways to make them better, though. I didn't exactly make them as the recipe instructed. It was too early in the morning for chopping vegetables, so I used a diced onion/celery/pepper mix I had in the freezer, and I cooked them in a skillet before adding to the spinach. They were ok. The next time I make them, I'll use fresh vidalia onions, chopped roasted red bell peppers, and basil.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:31 AM   #30  

Hmmmm... I'm starting to wonder if I made them wrong. Or if there's something wrong with everyone else's taste buds. I'm glad you liked them.

I'm making this for dinner tonight. I found it in the recipe forum here. I think.

Riceless Spanish Rice

1 lb. Turkey ground
1/2 head of cabbage
1 can tomato product any kind
seasonings....salt pepper garlic etc.
1 large onion
1Tbsp. grated cheese
1 green pepper
Brown meat, add all ingredients. Simmer all ingredients for about 35 minutes. Delicious.

I'm incredibly lazy, so I'm going to used a bag of all-cabbage cole slaw that I have in the fridge.
Closed Thread