South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #16  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Well I've been up since 5:30 after just a little more than 4 hours sleep. The SO had an unexpected home ownership incident yesterday, hit a pipe while digging a hole for the clothes line. He's wonderfully even tempered so stuff doesn't usually send him off the deep end, but he was unable to sleep thinking about what needs to be done to fix his new project. It's just one more thing that needs to be done on the unending list of household projects. In the meantime it doesn't interfere with anything in the house so Ill just keep on keeping on and maybe make something chocolatey to help with the stress

Ruth - I heard that this is the biggest week of the year in Delta liquor sales. Could just be a rumor though

Cottage - Sorry you didn't get a reprieve from the weather. Hope it gets better today.

Debbie - Hope working doesn't set you back too much

Chrissy - Hope yesterday was a successful day on plan without too much stress

Jennifer

Today is all chores and errands for me. First I'll be taking the washed sheets and towels to the laundromat to dry since there's no clothes line yet. I do okay with the small things on the drying rack but not the big, heavy stuff. After that I've got a list that will keep me busy all day and then some. Tonight there will be a glass of wine on the porch!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

*gasp* Ruth, I thought we don't have booze on SBD? (giggle) Don't forget to iron those sheets!

Cottage - you are a better person than I to weed in this humidity. I see dark clouds on the horizon, but haven't checked the weather - and my garden is still a jungle!

Chrissy - welcome! Hope you enjoy it on the beach here with us!

Debbie - my first thought was, "should've said 'no' and let HER deal with the consequences". But then I realized, I couldn't have said "no" either. Hope you have plenty of time to do packing! I'm excited for pics too!

Jekel - enjoy the baptism!

Cyndi - oh, bummer. Good thing he doesn't get upset easily. I think chocolate is a perfect answer. Dark chocolate that is, so it's healthy?!

I just made a huge batch of my salad concoction (zucchini, yellow squash, cukes, onion, celery, chick peas, feta, and a homemade red wine viniagrette) for our church pot luck today and am about to finish off my cup of coffee (and one will def not be enough!). Other than church I don't have any plans for today, but I'm sure restless DH can't stay home. I guess I should plan the menu for the week (I am hoping there's leftover salad!). I saw a balsamic chicken online the other day that sounds delish!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning chicks! Lovely morning here, 63 and sunny.

Not sure what today holds. Since I'm still working on mobility my highlight might be a scenic drive en route to the grocery store. Need to restock the veggies and I'm out of Greek yogurt. Of course, checking the garden and berries is also a daily chore. Yesterday I picked almost 2 quarts of blueberries and I think I may get my 1st cucumber of the year today. Yum!

Compared to most of you I am the lazy chick! No work for me for a few more weeks and no big trips planned.

Here's to a great OP Sunday!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-21-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

After more than 24 hours of travel, DH and I got home yesterday around (local) lunchtime. We spent the day doing most of our post-trip chores like unpacking, laundry, going through mail. We were wiped out.

The trip was fabulous. I haven't gone through my photos yet and won't get the tons my brother (who has a much better camera) took until later. But I plan to post at least one or two.

I thought of you, Cyndi, with the many bird sitings.

BBL...

Last edited by WaistingTime; 07-21-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon ladies! Sorry I've been MIA this week- my grandfather arrived from Florida on Tuesday and it's been nonstop "eat here! Oh, let me bring you dinner! Let's get together at my place and have pasta! You should take Grandpa for ice cream!"

So this week has been wildly off plan. Because it's rude, you know, to not go to every family meal you're invited to (according to Mom. Apparently in her family, not going means "EFF YOU and your food! I don't love you!", regardless of any dietary concerns. Ah, family. Can't live with em, can't return em for something better.

Anyway, so now I'm digging into a bowl of chili. Chili and salad and spinach and eggs for the rest of the month for me!

I hope everyone is doing well! I've been up to my eyeballs the last couple days in books- it's heavenly!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

The Baptism was absolutely lovely. The food was all OP until dessert. Since my stomach woes of late I had one white chocolate cookie, homemade almond biscotti (bite size) and one bite size blonde. So far so good. I stayed away from the chocolate cake and other chocolate treats. Jen, my friend Ed's wife, and Ed's mom have digestive woes. Jen had labels for all the food (many gluten free) the grilled veggies and roasted veggie platters were my favorites. I was on carb over load for the past few days. So although I was far for perfect, I was happy with my choices.

Came home and packed all OP foods for my work week. So not looking forward to going back.

Linda safe travels tomorrow
Old 07-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #22  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

See what happens when I don't check in? Friday I celebrated a 5 pound loss by falling super off plan!!! I got back on today but boy, why do I do it to myself???

Looks like you were all busy with the heat, travel and guests! I kept cool by the pool - hard with the sarcoidosis to be outside in the sun but on the other hand, swimming was good exercise so it evened out

I have a neuro-ophthalmologist appointment super early (for me) tomorrow, then back to said pool. Maybe the gym? But first a Starbuck's run I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Closed Thread