South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday SBD Daily for 5/13

I'm feeling a bit under the weather this morning and having tea rather than my usual coffee. Hopefully it will pass soon and anyway I'll be too busy to think about it.

Tammy, your hike yesterday looks spectacular and I can imagine how much fun you all had!

I'm eager to hear from Jennifer and see how she made out with the bike ride over the weekend, too.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you Cottage, we had a *great* time and were quite worn out last night. I hope you feel better today!

Just got back from our morning walk at 36 degrees out! I covered up the plants just in case - but it doesn't look like it frosted. Hopefully we won't get a hard frost like last year- it destroyed my apple crop .

I have lots of niggles to do. Now, if I just remembered what they were...
Old 05-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda. I hope you start feeling better fast. Perhaps it was the Chinese food?

Fun dinner with the Delta Dames last night. The kids did a really great job of the meal. Karen was hosting it but was in rough shape since she'd played ball in the afternoon and got hit by a ball just above the eye. She has a wee cut too but I image she will look pretty awful this morning. I am going to drive her to Kingston this morning where she MUST do a presentation to a group of dentists about some new equipment.

Check out the last post in the weekend thread to learn about Tammy's hike yesterday. That would sure burn calories.

Off we go with Monday and a busy week!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Very cold here this morning with two more colder nights ahead. No garden in yet this year, guess that's a good thing this week.
We are more moved but still a lot to clean, sort, and move at the old house. Work has slowed down so I will take two days this week in anticipation of being away next week. I told the landlord he could paint and work on all but the front room while I'm gone so at a minimum I need to get everything moved out of the rest of the house.

Weee, off to another work week we go
Old 05-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning we made it to DC safely. Such an amazing journey. I met so many incredibly nice people this week from all over the globe. Ruth you will be happy to know Canada was well represented. Australia too. As we prepared for our last few miles, our chapter was lead by the son and father of a Glenbrook, CA police officer who was killed on May 28, 1997. The granfather's goal is to ride next year with his surviving son and both grandsons. Last night at our chapter dinner, the grandpa spoke about how much this event means to the families. Many of us ride in honor of officers killed years ago. Their lives will never be forgotten. Meredith and Joe not only made it to DC, but were able to find me riding in to the memorial. However currently they are both snoring and I am waiting impatiently for more coffee. Good thing the room has a Tasso machine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (35.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage I am a bit under the weather as well I am on dayquil so hopefully that will help everyone but DD2 has this whatever it is head chest thing going on, hopefully it will be gone in a few days

Twynn I will go back and check out yesterdays thread

Ruth sounds like you all had a grand time poor Karen...

Cyndi sounds like you are getting there with the move

Jennifer glad you are having a wonderful time, that is a great way to honor and remember

Today there is nothing on the agenda this evening so I might enjoy a walk or maybe play some tennis with DD2. The high is supposed to be 70 today tomorrow 90.

Have a great day today
Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi everyone! I survived a busy Mother's Day at work only to find I was going to have the family over for dinner. The trick was not sitting down...I got home, baked a cake and prepped/cooked everything before mom and sis arrived. I have today off (my trade for working yesterday). I'm trying to negotiate around everyone else's ideas...Mom's car developed a problem yesterday so I have the only vehicle just when I'd rather stay home.

Jennifer, congrats on completing such a heartfelt journey and thanks for sharing your picture with us!

Linda and Pearlrose, I hope you are both feeling better soon!

Oh, here comes DH from the shop...better go see what's happening!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Hope you all had a safe and happy Mother's Day weekend!!! I spent Friday night at visitation for my cousin (he passed very quickly from Stage 4 melanoma and, although we're sad he's gone, we're relieved that he didn't suffer). Saturday I took my mom to Tybee Island...it was what she wanted for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, I received a speeding ticket on the way there. Sunday I spent shopping for a dress for a friend's wedding and then visiting a family friend at the cemetery and placing a rose on her grave for Mother's Day. Minus the speeding ticket, it was a good weekend, LOL

Cottage - Hope you are feeling better!

Ruth - Ooh, good call on the Chinese food. It always makes me feel yucky now that I'm not used to eating it very often. Ouch, poor Karen!!!

Jekel - I don't know why, but I didn't realize your big bike ride was for Police Week! What a great way to honor fallen officers! And the memorial in DC is beautiful, but sobering at the same time. When I went, the last name on the wall was a local officer (next county over) that died in a car accident while on duty. Happy Police Week! Nice picture!

Pearlrose - Hope you feel better, too!!!

Lexxiss - Aww, I'm sorry you had to cook on Mother's Day. I had to keep getting on to my mom b/c she was trying to do laundry and dishes yesterday. I'd hear her in the kitchen and yell out "QUIT IT!" LOL
Closed Thread