South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's the WEEKEND! February 23 & 24

Good morning, Early Chucks! I've been up since just after five and just generally messing around on the Net.

Jazz and I do Pet Therapy at the Nursing home this morning and I may take in the Dog Sled races over in the next town after lunch. They were scheduled earlier this month but lack of snow meant a cancellation. I need to bake a dessert for a dinner tomorrow night and had better do that right now before I jump into the day. (I'm making Bacardi Rum and it needs to mellow a day.)

How does your weekend look? Are you snowed in?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like I will be snowed in tomorrow so all my errands have to fit into today. I was going to hit TJs tomorrow but it can wait. I've started logging prices and there are just a couple of things that are seriously better there. I'll go to Market Basket as soon as I can get out and be done with it. Just have to plan the week's menus first.

Tonight is the memorial concert. It's so fitting that we have a winter weather advisory. Last time Julie planned one of these the original date was badly attended because of snow and the late March reschedule scored an ice storm. She would be so amused to see the storm, as long as people donate anyway.

I made the crustless quiche from Budget Bytes last night. So very good, I love the intersection of healthy and budget friendly. I get so tired of people complaining it's too expensive to eat healthier food. It just requires planning. I'm off to find a couple of other recipes to try. Speaking of menu planning, I better get to it. You know how crazy people get ahead of a storm. Suddenly everyone needs milk

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-23-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie. I was up at 5 but had a cup of coffee with Dustin before he left for work. No snow here, just very wet.

I plan to spend most of the day at the nursing home with Mom, but first I want to put on a pot of chili for Jake to enjoy, and make a vegetarian white bean chili for myself. It will be nice to come home to a hot, ready made meal on this cold, gray day.

Cyndi! I hope the weather doesn't put too much of a damper the concert and there's a good turnout. Do be mindful of the roads!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-23-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I hope to try your rum cake some day, it seems to be your speciality. Have fun at the dog races!

Cyndi, make sure you let us know if you find other good meals on there, I loved the quiche too! I've been to TJ's only once, but since my friend works there (the one I babysat for!), I know the cheeses are way cheaper than most places....about 1/2 price of Wegman's. Enjoy the benefit tonight, and I hope you have lots of warm memories with good friends.

I work today darned it, then a couple of friends are coming over for a visit. Tonight...probably family/game night. There was an ice advisory for here, but I don't think we got much. I love snow, but ice not so much!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

No snow here, Ruth! Thx for getting us started. Work calls very soon....DH came back over with me and we slept in a bit.

Happy Weekend everyone!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You chicks must think Rum Cake is all I ever bake! Seriously, it is always such a success that people always ask me to make it when I offer to bring dessert. It's in the oven right now and will be done before nine. I'll glaze it this afternoon and let it mellow overnight. Tammy, wish we could all share it. Someday soon - maybe this summer. (I'm due for a road trip.)

Cyndi, yes, I'm sure Julie is chuckling at the weather forecast for her concert. I do hope the weather doesn't affect the attendance too much.

Cottage, your chili recipes always sound so good. I need to make a batch to replenish my stash. Give your Mother a gentle hug from me today and know that I am thinking about you a lot these days.

Debbie, my image of Colorado is that you always have snow. Am I wrong?

Donna comes to clean today - her Thursday routine got interrupted when I had to meet with Rachel re wedding flowers. She always brings her wee dog Lulu when she comes. This morning Lulu will be disappointed when her pal Jazz isn't here. Jazz is now doing most of the nursing home visits with me as he is good at sitting on laps.

OK - NOW I am going to clean up this desk so Donna can clean the glass top. She never touches it unless it's absolutely clear.

Enjoy your Saturday.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'll hop on the treadmill this morning. Work this afternoon. Still need to finish packing but may do that in the morning after one last look at the weather forecast.

Cyndi - I should track prices too. They do have some things I like that are their own products that I can't get elsewhere though.

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Okay, made my menu for the week and I'm ready to go. I'm trying the taco pizza tonight on ww dough, of course. I am just in the mood for semi-comfort food and pizza does it for me. I'm also going to make the spicy black beans and tomato for breakfast beans and on the side of the pizza, and sriracha hummus for snacks.

If anyone is curious the week's other new recipes (yup, I'm still in new recipe high gear) include this one from Kalyn, salmon burgers, cheesy cauliflower pancakes, and crockpot turkey meatballs. Don't know what it is but I've just been obsessed with new recipes. I am trying to save the ones we really like so I can find them all later I'm also making some yummy baked thing from Elana's Pantry, have to have desserts.

Time to shop. I'm already half an hour off schedule and I know I will pay for it with crowds.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning sounds like everyone has a lot planned and accomplished already! Bed kept dragging me back no matter how many times I tried getting out of it. Was a naughty girl last night and indulged in unhealthy snacks. Today will be OP maybe even a P1 day.

DS is coming over to get his boxing equipment. Granted it will be nice to gain some space in the garage. But the more things he keeps bringing to his day's the more I realize he is never coming back to live with me.

I've been in a "funk" this month and hope brighter days might clear my mood. I opened up to Joe last night. Told him things I've kept hidden for decades. So on my ride home 6 chocolate chip cookies comforted me lol. DS will get the rest if them. He did make his specialty last night, venison cutlets. They were amazing and so was the asparagus.

Today I am dropping off my bike for it's annual tune up. My bike store has a half off special every February. I will miss it taking up space in my living room lol

Well I guess I should get a ride in. CyndiM hope the weather holds out for the concert. Ruth your life makes me look forward to retirement. I truly enjoy your posts about everything Cottage I think of you often and hope your mom is adjusting to the nursing home. Tywnnb enjoy your game night. Debbie glad you and the hubby had time together. Karen hope the weather improves for you been watching it in the news.

I am jealous, no TJ, Whole Foods, Stew Leonards or anything of the kind without driving 45 plus minutes for me That's it I am moving lol
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm planning roasted cauliflower although I may have to make homemade whole wheat panko to make those cheesey cauliflower pancakes, Cyndi. I too am making salmon burgers but with quinoa, found here I'm feeling the comfort food thing so I also may try cheesy quinoa to go with my salmon burgers. Growing up, one of my favorite meals was Mom's salmon croquettes with homemade mac n cheese. Just a healthier version!

Bought some bpa-free green boxes for food storage and will be using them for all the produce, etc. Need to make veggie broth too. Relaxing this morning, then driving out to Chris' parents' and then his Aunt's to do chores. Haven't seen the MIL since I cut my hair or lost weight so I'm sure I'll hear about it some. I EAT!!!

Alright time to get cleaned up and have some breakfast. Have a great day!!!

Lisa
Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We still have a lot of snow around but the roads are clear now, took DD2 and 2 of her friends to see Escape from Planet Earth last night, I did not have any of the popcorn

Ruth- it's just that your rum cake sounds so delish

Cottage- have a good visit with your mom

Cyndi- I hope there is a good turnout tonight

Tywnn- enjoy your game night

Debbie and Karen enjoy your work days

Jennifer glad you were able to open up to Joe and get some things off your chest

Lisa enjoy your visit with MIL

I am cleaning house today and then not sure what I am doing this afternoon.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon ladies! Sorry I've been absent the last couple days. Not that I've been in here all that long anyway, but whatever

Anywho, I just wanted to let you guys know that I may not be on the Beach anymore. I haven't lost any weight since around NYE, even though I have been careful with eating and number of calories. So this week I am going to look into seeing a dietitian/nutritionist who has experience dealing with women who have metabolic issues (PCOS/insulin resistance/Hashimoto's) because this is getting frustrating.

I didn't want you ladies to think I abandoned you or anything! While I forayed back to the Beach, you all have been quite an inspiration. Best of luck to all of you, if I don't see you elsewhere on 3FC <3
Old 02-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
Afternoon ladies! Sorry I've been absent the last couple days. Not that I've been in here all that long anyway, but whatever

Anywho, I just wanted to let you guys know that I may not be on the Beach anymore. I haven't lost any weight since around NYE, even though I have been careful with eating and number of calories. So this week I am going to look into seeing a dietitian/nutritionist who has experience dealing with women who have metabolic issues (PCOS/insulin resistance/Hashimoto's) because this is getting frustrating.

I didn't want you ladies to think I abandoned you or anything! While I forayed back to the Beach, you all have been quite an inspiration. Best of luck to all of you, if I don't see you elsewhere on 3FC <3
I'm sorry SBD doesn't seem to be working for you, penmage, and we're going to miss you around here. I truly hope your dietitian/nutritionist can find a plan that works well for you and wish you luck. Do stop in occasionally and let us know how you're doing, OK?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Day 2 of my 3 day work weekend is just beginning. Started off tonight better than last night, so let's hope it stays that way.

penmage - I'm sorry that SBD didn't work out for you. It's been the only thing that has worked for me, but everybody is different. Good luck finding something that is more suited to you...I'm sure a dietician can hook you up!!!

I apparently missed a phone call from my ex today. The last time I talked to him was a month ago when I told him not to contact me again and he threatened me. I filed a police report and hadn't heard from him since...I don't know why he's calling, but I'm not answering my phone to find out.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

late check in for me - ran around town today - got a new couch (thanks for sending your good thoughts during the fight!), got a new phone (mine crapped out and was still under warranty) and unemployment was approved! I had a very good day.

Pen - check in with us and good luck!
Ruth - with Bacardi, it would totally be mellow!
Cyndi -

I've got a few new recipes too I am trying out from Vegetarian Times (free subscription) like thai sloppy joes, Middle Eastern Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (might substitute Kalyn's Middle Eastern beef in the middle since DW does not like lentils) and a few others. Will keep you posted.
Closed Thread