South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wintry Weekend on The Beach Chat, 2/9-2/10

Well, the grandkids are going to be disappointed when they wake up this morning. We only ended up with a light coating here. But at least Dad will be able to drive himself up to the nursing home early, and I can go up later in the day with my SIL, so I can get some things done around the house first.

How did everyone in the path of this N'Easter fare out? I pray everyone is snug and safe and do take care if you have to shovel. Let's hear some snow totals!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda, and sleepy Beachers.

We seem to have come to the end of the Big Dump and have close to two feet of the stuff. Luckily it's nice and light - I can almost sweep it away in layers with my straw broom. Richard will probably be here to plough the lane but I do need to shovel off the decks and steps. The weather radar shows two sunny days ahead which will be nice.

I'm scheduled to do pet therapy at the nursing home this morning but may have to do it tomorrow if I'm still snowed in. I must say I've enjoyed the past 24 hours with no meetings or visitors. There's something very cozy about a warm house with snow drifted 1/4 of the way up the windows. The wind with the storm managed to do this to all the window sills as it came from all directions.

Now to have a good breakfast, a shower and then dress to go out and tackle the elements.

I hope all the East Coasters are OK and can check in today.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, I am here too! The snow is deeper than Coconut is tall. Even Mick (lab height) found snow passed his belly. They were all business for their first walk. It is not too cold this morning so once I get motivated I'll snow blow and shovel the mess. Hopefully the trains will be running tomorrow or I will have to drive to the city.

Gotta run Jim is trying to start the snowblower

Poor Jim (my wonderful neighbor) has been up since 5 waiting to get started. He could not get my snowblower started. Luckily it only needed a woman's touch. He is doing my driveway then he brings their cars and another neighbor's over to do their driveways. When I was married my husband did not do these things lol.

Time to finish my coffee and get my butt out there to help. This will take several hours I am certain

Last edited by jekel383; 02-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Linda - I'm glad to hear it; maybe my son got little snow too.

Ruth and Jennifer - Happy shoveling/blowing/sweeping!

I work today. I'm on call tomorrow for inventory but she may not need me. Off to the store to buy more kale. Have I told you already how into kale I am now? I've been making a salad recipe from the local paper that you can keep in the fridge, made, for up to one week.

Have a great day, snow or no snow.

Last edited by WaistingTime; 02-09-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Richard just ploughed the lane so I am now on shovel duty. I have mixed feelings about being able to go to pet therapy this morning. There was something very relaxing about being snowed in. I have decided to shovel right now and then come in and soak in a hot tub before I go off to do good deeds.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like about 15", not as bad as either of our kids (mine in Boston, his in CT). We got plowed out around 5 am but there's lots of cleaning and shoveling to do. I'm not feeling nearly as guilty as I was about skipping my weights last night. For now I'll just sip some more coffee and make steel cut oats with blueberries/ Shoveling can wait.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' chicks. I am highly disappointed - we only got a dusting of snow . My friends did make it up, and I was hoping they would have snow to play in, and get some of their energy out. They're figuring out other ways to do it .

That's it for me for the weekend - friends here, letting the kids be crazy.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

That totally counts as my exercise for the day! Light billowy snow my keister! Jim's son drove down with his boss's snow plow. He plowed my neighbor's little street, their drive way, the street in front of our mail boxes, his parents, our neighbor Georgia and widened my driveway. What a blessing! Nancy, Jim's wife made French toast, coffee and bacon for everyone. I declined as I am not dressed and a sweaty mess lol. Besides I ate. I am going to get showered then make a batch of cookies to bring over. Granted not SB friendly cookies so I will do my best not to sample.

Who knew you could sweat like this from shoveling, sorry TMI
Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Afternoon all!

Sadly, we got no snow here in DC. Just howling winds. But I was able to get to bed before midnight last night! I am still super sore from PT but plan to go to the gym for a quick 30 min workout today, then a nap. Lots of leftovers in the works this weekend to clean out the fridge. I've got the car on Monday because of PT and plan to food shop then.

Finding lots of Kalyn's recipes enticing!

My MIL is coming back from FL to Maine tomorrow and she is hoping to be snowed out I would too if I were in FL!

Stay warm y'all!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Sounds like you Northern gals have it all in hand- Jennifer I do remember how much I sweat when I shovel it is a work out that is for sure.

Made it home late Thursday night and then yesterday had to work all day atleast it was from home. I weighed in today and I didn't lose but I didn't gain while at conference so that is a victory in itself, I normally gain after going to those.

I am cleaning and doing laundry and then DD2 and I need to run to the mall to get Christmas presents for my Mom and Dad we are going to visit them next weekend and instead of mailing we are bringing theirs. I have items DD2 got for them from school but need to get a couple more things.

I hope everyone who is buried in snow gets some time to enjoy the snow and maybe relax with hot cocoa as well.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! We have a day of sunshine before we get back to that white stuff tomorrow.

Actually I mustn't complain. I shoveled porches, the deck and sidewalks yesterday and it was great to be out there in the sunshine. I cleared off the steps down into the dogyard and made a potty trail. Disney is happy now. Unfortunately I could not get to Pet Therapy in time but called and said I'd be in today or tomorrow, probably tomorrow.

Seems strange but we have Book Club at 10:30 this morning. It's Pat's turn but she lives at the edge of the Lower Lake way back through the woods. The long and windy road in is very dangerous after a big snow dump so we will meet at her mother's house today for brunch. I am taking a big bottle of leftover bubbly so we can make mimosas. If we end our meeting early, I'll go to do pet therapy.

Unfortunately I've not been sticking to my plan lately - chicken wings last night! - so my ticker is banished for a while. After today, I'll be back on track. (Remember you read it here first!)

Enjoy your Sunday and pop in for a chat.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #12  

We have brilliant blue skies today, and it was actually getting light at 6:30 this morning. Spring is definitely on it's way! And I'm encouraging it on with several bright, cheery pots of mini daffodils and paperwhites on my kitchen windowsill.

Monica and Carley are coming over to spend the day, and we'll probably run up to visit Mom for a while this afternoon. Other than that, there's nothing else planned for the day. I should start thinking about what to do about supper, though. I'm fresh out of ideas.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning everybody!

I followed the SBD previously and then switched to calorie counting. Well, I'm back, proverbial tail between my legs. Is my beach pass still good?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning A sunny day here too, maybe I'll get the little dog out for a long walk. She's good for a couple of miles before her little legs tire out.

Ruth - We are supposed to get crud tomorrow morning, sleet, ice, etc. yuck. Brunch Book Club sounds like fun.

Cottage - I woke up at 6:15 and it was already brightening. I've noticed the evenings too. Hooray for more sunlight

penmage - Your beach pass never expires. Might be harder to get your cabana boy back though

I'm enjoying a late breakfast porridge then tossing roasted roots in the crockpot and heading out for a drive. It's too nice to be in.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
Morning everybody!

I followed the SBD previously and then switched to calorie counting. Well, I'm back, proverbial tail between my legs. Is my beach pass still good?
Welcome back, penmage! I just brushed the sand off your beach pass and it's good as new.
Closed Thread