South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #16  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth and CyndiM! and hello to all other Beachers stirring. Or not stirring

I am proud of myself that even with a very busy, irritant-full (boss) day yesterday, I did NOT cave there...but at home, there was a takeout pizza brought home for dinner, and I had 2 pieces. It wasn't drippy, greasy, loaded (yum ) more like baked bread square with sauce, but it was my first transgression on Phase 1 and a definite no-no.

Just another day of work for me today. Have a good one!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I've been up a while, but just enjoying the peace and quiet while I had my first cup of coffee. Most everyone is up now, though, except for our Miss Teenybopper.

We were only supposed to get a dusting of snow, but it looks more like 2-3". I drove Dad's car back from the hospital yesterday since my SIL was going to give him a ride home later, so I'll have to get that back to him. I hope he's not expecting it too soon. It's nice to be here all curled up under a warm quilt and starting the morning off slow and easy for a change.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. We are going to a Superbowl party tonight and the food will be abundant and, of course, mostly not SBD friendly. Otherwise, not much going on here. Enjoy your day.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!
Ruth, hope your blood is warming up with some coffee this AM .
Cyndi , that's awesome about the birding, glad you had such a great time and have a great companion!
Holly, I would've caved on the pastries instead of the pizza .
Cottage , hope you have a quiet day.

It's quiet so far here, I need to finish making a cheesy rice casserole for church shortly. LOL...my DH signed us up to bring sour cream to the super bowl party tonight (I was sick last week for the sign up). I'm the baking queen, and I get to bring sour cream!?!? I'm almost disappointed . I guess less food to be sitting around right? I guess in the meantime I can plan out the menu for the week.

FWIW - I have used the my KCup, but it's just not as good and not terribly worth the hassle. I made some starbucks in the regular coffee maker this am, and I think it's putting hair on my chest .
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

After anticipating a quiet day at home I was called in to work. That's ok with me. It cut short my fun time for sure but the $$ will pay for the new work shoes I bought on Friday. I suppose I'll turn on the game later...watching by myself sounds a bit boring.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie I'll watch it with you, ok only until half time...I cannot seem to stay up lately.

Cottage we too had a dusting, yeah right, was shoveling in my pjs so the dogs don't bring too much of the white stuff into the house.

Going to do meal planning and prepping before picking up DS. So excited I found everything I needed to make the almond joy bars. Except almond extract apparently I need to write bigger or bring my reading glasses when I shop. I may make the pumpkin bars today and the almond joy bars later in the week.

With the best if intentions I planned what I would eat last night. The biting cold convinced me to have a glass of wine. we shared two appetizers wings and quesadillas. One small quesadillas wedge (veggie) so not terrible. Really awesome salad for dinner. Instead if a fried taco bowl they served it with flour wraps, skipped those. Ate the chicken, lettuce, peppers onions, some cheese, beans and a little guacamole, again not too bad. Who wants dessert?? Me me me me!!! The cheesecake won in the end.

Today there will be more cake, you only turn 17 once I bought a tiny 5" black and white birthday cake at Whole Foods. I bet DS could eat the entire cake by himself! After he goes back to his day's I'll ride during the game to hopefully counterbalance some of the damage.

Go Ravens!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We seem to have gotten 2-3 inches of snow overnight- wasn't expecting that. We have no plans for superbowl today, DH may go watch with his friends not sure, I am not into it so it's no big deal and no worries about off plan foods for me. If he doesn't go, we will just watch at home.

I got my laundry done yesterday, need to pack today.

Stay warm and enjoy your superbowl plans if you have them.

Jennifer where are those recipes posted- I was trying to search for them and could not find here or are they Kayln's?

Last edited by Pearlrose; 02-03-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #23  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Hoping to stop at Whole Foods. I want to make the almond joy bars, but cannot find coconut flour.
Oops, just saw this. I made them with all almond flour the first time. I'm sure the texture is different but they were great. I did finally find coconut flour (Bob's red mill) and will make them again soon to compare. today I'm making coconut bars because I have coconut milk to use up.

Rose - they are from Elana's Pantry. It's been my go to baking spot for the last few weeks.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-03-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #24  

Hi everyone, Somehow the weeks have gotten ahead of me and I stopped my daily posting. Without you chicks I am definitely not as motivated. I've been trying to plan two vacations with no even enough money for one. . My husband keeps trying to stop me but I thought I had it all figured out with my new Southwest credit card and two free tickets. It would have worked if the tickets didn't take 8 weeks from the end of the month and the trip is in 8 weeks!!! I'm still going to try because two high school friends are already on board to meet me there but .... Husband may be right.

Had a really bad day at work Friday and cheated for the first time. Take out Chinese. My husband and I split one take out that wasn't fully loaded so not nearly as bad as what was normally our regular meal. Hubby is doing really well with this diet and has even checked out the blog. He is making the stuffed pepper poppers for the Super Bowl. He was however very jealous of Twynnb's bread making!!

Bird watching sounds great and although I am still whistful of the snow and cold weather I think I'm ready for spring!!!

I need to get better about meal planning and water. I'm going to start my own thread begging for help with dinner. If you have a minute please stop by, I could really use the help.

Sorry so long, I guess I held it in for two weeks!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #25  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

sorry I didn't check in sooner! I've been busy scrapbooking and cooking

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!
Closed Thread