South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #1  

Default ? is theire a seperate site for single cooks ?

I am just starting back on to SB I was very successful on a meal delivery plan but got away from it over the last yr and half and as expected gained back a lot of the lost weight.

I live alone so many of the meals are too big for one person and I am getting tired of reheating over and over.One of the reasons I tried the meal delivery system.
.. so was wondering if there is a separate site for those of us that cook for just ONE ?

I don't want to mess up the train of discussion from a single only dieter..

Thx Renita
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I cook for just myself too so I understand your plight.

Most of the SBD recipes in here seem to be for four people but I find that halving the ingredients works for me. Taco Bake is one of my favourites - I usually bake the whole pan and then, when cool, package into portions and freeze. Another favourite is the salsa Chicken recipe. Chilis and soups are all freezable in single portions.

Too bad you are so far away - we could take turns cooking for each other.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #3  

Thanks.. good idea.. will check out those recipes... Yes.. Living in Florida is a bit FAR to share meals..hehehehe
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I have the same issue. My mom lives w/ me and does most of the cooking. She cooks regular meals for the family and tends to cook me chicken or something similar, but she'll cook like 4 chicken breasts at a time and, since I only eat 1/2 a chicken breast if that, it makes like 8 meals for me. Who wants to eat chicken 8 meals in a row??? LOL

When I move to Mass it will just be me and the roomie. I may pair down some of the recipes and make 1/2 servings instead of whole. We'll see.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm with Ruth - I freeze individual portions. I actually LIKE that I have extra servings. Often I plan them as meals over several days. It's easier that way. DH has become a vegetarian so often we eat different things. When I make a vegetarian SB meal, I am typically annoyed that he'll eat so much and I DON'T have leftovers for myself!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Im the same, with recipes that I know I like I will just make the whole thing and freeze the individual portions for quick meals later on.

Typically though when I am trying a new recipe I quarter the ingredients and make a single serving, just in case I dont like it (or mess it up) that way I am not wasting a bunch of food.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

For a long time, I was cooking for one as well. Ruth's idea of halving is a good one. Don't get scared off! And host a few dinner parties!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote