South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday On The Beach - February 7

Good morning. Just took out the trash and it's bitter cold. We will have sunshine this morning and then a big dump of snow. I plan to get my running around done this morning and then snuggle in this afternoon.

Spent a couple of hours in town yesterday afternoon and have now joined the 21st century! I finally got myself a new cell phone. My Samsung was pretty limited so I got a new BlackBerry, the kind with a keyboard. Sure can do a lot of things with it. I can't believe I didn't have one! That's my birthday present to myself. So was my trip to Cuba but who's counting?

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring except the usual stuff. I may go visit my friend Barb if the storm is not too bad this afternoon. She is waiting for knee and hip surgery and sounded pretty down yesterday. She has to wait until at least May when they do the knee and then will be waiting for a hip replacement in the fall. She is not happy!

Have a good day and stay warm if the cold is heading your way.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow, we're off to a slow, sleepy start this morning, aren't we?

Ruth, I'm glad you finally treated yourself to a new phone, and I hope you don't have trouble figuring it all out. Have a nice visit with Barb this afternoon. That's a shame she has to wait so long for her surgery, but we're going through the same thing with Jake. He just had his left hand done, and in 6 weeks they'll schedule him for his right hand, then they'll schedule him for one shoulder at a time. He figures by this time next year maybe he'll finally be out of pain.

I promised Audrey I'd bake several loaves of pumpkin bread for her to take to the 6th grade Sock Hop tomorrow night, so that will occupy my afternoon, and this morning I have lots of errands and grocery shopping to do. I'm still undecided as to whether I'll go visit Mom this evening. It all depends on what time I can leave the farm. Traffic up there yesterday was just horrendous!

Well, I'd better warm up my car and get ready to go. Have a great day, Chickies!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Ruth, I'm jealous. I have a pay as you go phone, but it does have a keyboard! That's sweet of you to visit your friend, enjoy.

Cottage, Mmmmmm...pumpkin bread. Good thing they're loaves, if they were muffins or cookies, how could you resist?!? It might be *kinda* obvious a chunk is gone .

It looks like my schedule is pretty low key today, but that means it may go painfully slooooowly. But, things change rapidly, don't they?! I'm waiting to hear if my friend and family are coming up tomorrow, I tend to doubt it since we may have freezing rain. I admit, I was hoping for the 6-12" snow so I could try my new snow shoes!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. We too are expecting a dump of snow. Joe and I canceled our dinner plans. He has a tenant so he needs to make sure the driveway and walks are plowed. My Camry is pretty good in snow, but deep snow no way, so I will be staying home until I go back to work on Sunday. Which reminds me, thank you for the encouragement, I passed (more than passed) on my first try yesterday. Also, did really well with my off duty. My body does not like the cold and boy was it cold at the range.

I have never had to wait for surgery. I feel for Barb and Jake, pain is no fun. I do need to call my Aunt in Arkansas. She is having gallbladder and hernia surgery tomorrow. She doesn't anticipate too much down time. If she needs help I am going to try to go so my mom can stay put. It is very expensive to get there as she is really in the sticks. My Aunt has a really good circle of friends, but I worry about her.

Nothing exciting planned here. Will need gas for the snow blower and a few staples from the store. Today I'll get my errands done, ride and clean. Tomorrow will be a cooking/prep day. Saturday who knows.

Still OP feeling really good and the scale is being kind too. Life is good.

Have a great day
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth, Cottage and Jennifer stay warm and safe with the storm coming your way.

This is my last day at conference, I am flying home this afternoon, so of my cohorts have already had canceled flights but my layover is Atlanta so I should be okay to get home to St. Louis this afternoon.

I did extremely well staying on plan and getting my exercise in for this conference- first time I have been able to stay op resisted all the carbs and delicious looking desserts, I did bring some op snacks to use instead in those situations, we shall see what the scale says tomorrow.

Stay safe and warm
Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Great job Pearlrose!!! Have a safe trip home
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi everyone! I hope the East Coast storm is manageable!

I traveled early yesterday, thanks to my coworker offering to close for me. Encountered a bit of snow on top of the passes but nothing serious. We did lots of veggie shopping and I'm getting ready to head to the pool. It will be nice to see all my water aerobics friends.

Pearlrose, great job avoiding all the desserts! They seem to be the hardest to resist.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - I can't believe I lived so long with my last "dumb" phone!

Linda - I so do love pumpkin bread. Yum.

Twynn - My son in PA looks to be on the edge of the weather system from what I can tell. Maybe you'll both get lucky.

Jennifer - Hope all goes smoothly for your aunt.

Rose - Hope you don't have any travel problems. Awesome job staying OP.

Debbie - Enjoy the pool.

I've been to yoga this morning. This afternoon I'm helping my mom run an errand. Rain here. I'll be thinking of all you expecting the snow. My eating has been on track since the Super Bowl Party and I'm almost back to what I weighed before that little (big) binge. It comes on so fast and goes off sooooo much more slowly!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies! we were without both internet and a landline phone for 24 hours, eek! and we don't have cell coverage at home either so we were really plunged into early last century, lol.

I have to laugh at the thought of a pumpkin bread gift with an obvious nibble or slice off ("I don't know how that happened!") And big congrats to Pearlrose for planning and staying OP even with temptations provided. And congrats to Ruth for your blackberry! Twynn, we have gone to 'burners' (Trak phones) I use my cell phone to call AAA only, so that is fine for me.

Our weather guessers are telling us anywhere from 6" to 1 and a half FEET. Okay, could you narrow it down a little, please I HAVE to go to work tomorrow and my ride home will be a white-knuckler, for sure. Best wishes to all for getting through the white stuff!

Last edited by VermontMom; 02-07-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Closed Thread