South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Tuesday, July 17

Good morning and welcome to another hot day on The Beach. No sense complaining because we just need to wait it out.

Had an interesting experience yesterday which made me realize how much my eating habits have changed. After judging the plantings at the camping park, we went out for dinner. The special? Chicken fingers, fries and your choice of pie! The others jumped on it while I had a quesadilla (lousy!) and salad. I actually felt nauseated seeing them eat it and I don't "nause" easily!

I'm going out to the garden shortly to move ten bales of straw that farmer friend Art delivered yesterday. I'm hoping a straw mulch will keep the weeds down and the soil damp. 'll also pick yet another batch of green and yellow beans. Today is Good Food Box too so I should be well-stocked with veggies. The whites of my eyes are turning green.

This afternoon I hope to start finishing the binding on a blue and yellow quilt that I'd like to enter in the Fair next week. Wish me luck - and perseverance.

How does your Tuesday look from this early perspective?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tuesday is looking HOT here. I guess it could be worse.

It's my long day at work and I'm hoping to take the girls out for lunch (chicken fingers not allowed, and no ice cream, either!) and shopping for Maggie's birthday present before Audrey's violin lesson.

Tonight's supper will be zucchini parmesan and roasted green beans, all fresh picked from the garden.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmm - my zukes are still not producing but my friend Toni' are. I may have to liberate one and join you for supper, Cottage.

Just got this from my friend Francyn who has a new Portuguese Water Dog puppy. It makes me feel cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biNRa...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Good Morning Chicks-

Why do we always complain about the weather, I am going to just love the hot sunny weather because the cold will be here soon enough.
I am just hang out with the kiddos today and going to try stay cool no beach as dd and dh have headed off to Moncton to paint her apt and take up another load, she will be leaving soon for school.
Well gotta dash and get the day started. Enjoy you sunny weather my chicks
Old 07-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning zucchini is the theme of the day. I made stuffed zucchini last night to take to work with me tomorrow. I am giving one half to my friend later today. The house smelled so good last night.

Today I will do my best to stay semi OP. We are celebrating my friend's daughter's birthday tonight. The homemade birthday cake and apple raspberry pie definitely are not OP, but I am going to partake because I want to try them both. My food for tomorrow is already to go to work and completely P1. I find when I stray if I go "clean" for 2 days after my weight is back to where I was before. I have not lost anything this month yet, but I am ok with it. I know my portions have been a little generous this month and have enjoyed off program foods. So if I maintain for the month I will be proud that I found my balance to stay successful on the beach.

I am beginning to think my son is starting to miss me. He was very polite and helpful yesterday. He even cooked the burgers for me (bunless for me). We scheduled his road test for August 20th (yikes)! We talked for a long time and he tried to stump me with country music trivia. Don't get me wrong he still likes rap, but is broadening his tastes (thankfully!!) He even let me cut his hair and shamefully asked to borrow my strawberry shaving gel to shave. The rest of the day he kept saying how smooth his skin was.

Well time for coffee and spinning before heading upstate. Hope the heat wave breaks soon!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone!

Ruth, good luck on your quilt an thanks for getting us started.

everyone else!

I'm in my final moments of getting ready for work. DH is in a funk this am...our meet up last eve with both daughters and exwife probably rolling around in his brain. His mood affects me but it doesn't seem to send me off track with food quite so much anymore. I have my work lunch ready and trash is hauled. Time for another coffee before smoothies.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/211/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone - I will be starting south beach soon - I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself - my name is Jen - I am 42 yrs young and looking forward to beginning this eating plan - it looks like an excellent way to lose weight and eat healthy
Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Jen!

Same ol', different day... gained some weight back (been busy so that's why I haven't been posting), got lunch packed (turkey and roasted red pepper on a whole wheat wrap w/ garden greens, greek yogurt and a massaged kale salad with goddess dressing) and headed off to work soon.

Let's see if I'm still the daily chat thread killer (the last few I posted on nobody posted after me! So sad!)

Hope y'all have a lovely day!

--Wendy
Old 07-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning - I mean - afternoon!

Jen -

I've been to yoga and Costco. No plans yet for the rest of the day. Probably a nap since I'm going to resort to benedryl for my mosquito bites; apparently I am allergic and there is some major swelling going on to add to the discomfort of the itching

Have a great day, all. Keep cool!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 211/211/170

Height: 5'9"

thanks for the welcome ladies - Karen try some cortisone cream on them too that helps

Last edited by jenny70; 07-17-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Closed Thread