South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday, July 16

Good morning and come join me for coffee on the deck. The dwarf sweet peas planted in the hanging basket are looking and smelling really good. It's already warm and looks like rain but I think it's just a tease.

I'm going out to the veggie garden in a few minutes to do the routine watering and perhaps get those new flowers into the ground. I was planning to plant more beans but have no seeds - that'll be on the shopping list this morning.

Survived yesterday's "family" picnic without too much stress. Since that family is always at odds with each other, some people just didn't show up. Doreen was disappointed but there were several non-family friends there which helped. I was glad to be among that group. The rum cake was a major hit! (The other desserts were all store-bought and sort of sat there as my cake disappeared.)

Mill Board Meeting this afternoon at 1:30 and then, at 4:30, I get to do the judging of the flower plantings over at the campground. (Folks leave their trailers on site all year and have quite the little plantations on their small piece of land.) After that, the other two judges, the park manager and I go out of town for dinner and make the decision about the winner. Another tricky dinner menu to negotiate! Everything is all about food around here - or maybe I'm just getting more and more picky!

Time to figure out a healthy breakfast and then go out to the garden. I'm not hungry these mornings - the heat? - and need to remind myself to eat.

Have a good first day of the work week and stay cool and hydrated.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The sleep thing is becoming a problem now Guess I need to be more aggressive getting it under control.

Nothing too exciting today. Bus run then off to a doc appointment an hour away. I bet there will be lots of coffee (not at the doctor's office, but throughout my day).

Hope your Monday includes AC and plenty of water!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Monday? Already?????

I have overnight oats in the fridge for breakfast but may leave them and have a Green Monster instead. I need something fortify me and give me some energy since they had a houseful of weekend guests at the farm and I don't know what awaits me there. One thing is certain, it will be a busy day!

Ruth, I'm not surprised that your cake was a hit. It's so darned good! It sounds like you'll have a pretty fun day judging the camper flower beds.

Cyndi, I'm wishing you a pleasant start to the week, and hope you can sneak a nap somewhere in your day!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Apparently, I need to get this Rum Cake recipe from Ruth, do you ever share it?

Cyndi - Is the dr. appt to help you get a sleep aid?!?!

Cottage - I just mixed up the overnight oats to eat later - 2 hours is plenty of time .

I'm hoping this coffee clears up my grogginess. Regular shorter day at work. We're having a bunch of people over from church tonight for "dessert night", so I won't mention what I made. I can say that I ate as poorly as I ever have this weekend, and can't wait to eat something healthy (well, not as bad as I used to eat, but pretty bad for my "new way of eating"), but I suppose dessert night isn't helping, huh?! That does mean I have LOTS of cleaning to do, for a bunch of people that have never been here.

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just Google Bacardi Rum cake and you'll have the recipe. The only thing I change is using butter pecan cake mix and a butterscotch pudding.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth, Cottage, CyndiM, and Twynn!! all other SB'ers. I feel like a sheepish deserter (not really intended that pun) creeping back for forgiveness, lol. So far from South Beach, more like South Pole, lol. But I am always a Beacher at heart. Will try harder to get back to daily Hello's, it does help me so much. Have a great day!!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

And another Monday rolls around...

Irina - I don't keep ANY crackers in my house. They are one of the on plan foods that I found I can't eat with moderation so I do best without them. Mostly I don't even miss them anymore.

I had a horrible night thanks to a slew of mosquito bites! But it could be much worse - I got them because when we dropped off our friends after dinner on Saturday, we stood around outside while they waited for the "gas man" to come and see if they had a leak. (The neighbor smelled gas outside.) The did! I guess the drought is causing lots of gas lines to pop in the dry ground.

I've been reading Steve Jobs biography and it is fascinating even though I don't own anything Apple. Off to weight lifting class at the gym today.

Have a great day, all.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Take care everyone! I am just up, heading down for coffee before work. Nothing new to report...just staying OP.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Good Morning Chicks, just enjoying a cup of tea and a fruit salad topped with yogurt and chia seeds, inside cause it is damp and chilly here this morning. Had a great week-end dinner out and the buskers friday night drinks and a bonfire sat night and reading on the deck yesterday and finshed it off with a huge walk last night.
Hope everyone had a great week end and is ready for a great week.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Holly we've missed you. With your busy schedule at work no wonder you cannot check in too often. You are right, the daily "hellos" help stay focused.

Finally a day off and planned to sleep in. Thanks to the barking wonder twins I was up well before six, but refused to get out of bed until 7. Today is an exercise, errand, driver's Ed (son) and dinner night with my son. I am almost beginning to think he might miss me. He initiated a texting chat and didn't ask for anything lol. Then he called me around 10, late but I don't mind. We talked about one of his friends you got arrested, again. Serious charges which means he won't be around for a very long time. I didn't lecture him, but rather tried to open his eyes as to how poor choices really impact your future. Thankfully my son does have a plan. He wants to enlist in the reserves at 17, complete boot camp the summer of his senior year in high school, graduate then serve as a reservist while going to SUNY Delhi to major in business administration.

Coffee and smoothie time, enjoy your day
Old 07-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sounds like everyone enjoyed their weekend. DD2 had her last swim meet- they had an undefeated season- she made the conference list for backstroke so we will be doing that on Thursday evening and if she qualifies on Saturday for Finals of conference.

Back to commuting this week on the bus again, DH asked if I minded and I am the one who suggested it- someone else driving and I have wifi what else could you want

Cyndi- I saw commercials this weekend for zzzquil? Non habit forming versus I guess of nyquil but not for colds but for just sleeping.....

to everyone else got to run and meet with the boss.

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone! Wow, Ruthxxx, that cake sounds like it was a hit! It always makes me feel so good when I can make food that gets appreciated. I should make a cake and take it to work, just 'cause.
I agree with you, WaistingTime, about not keeping crackers in the house. My fiance and I are both suckers for crackers, and since we're both on SB, we know better than to keep them within arm's reach.
My weekend was okay, but I cheated while my fiance's dad was visiting. We went out to eat and I had a burger with a refined white flour bun and the next day, I drank a beer. Not just a beer, but a super-carby-alcoholy craft beer.
This morning I went for my jog and did arm weights, though!
Have a good start to the week, everyone
Closed Thread