South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Wednesday, March 28

Fffffffrrrreeeeezing - but we are not getting the snow and ice pellets that were predicted, just rain. I love it when they are wrong! The dogs were very quick outside this morning.

I'm off to the gym but will take it easy per the doc's orders yesterday. Then I plan to snuggle back into my warm house, do some quilting and sort through summer clothes. I have lots of baggy pants and huge shirts but will keep a selection for gardening which is not supposed to be a fashion statement, right? I see a shopping splurge in my future as soon as the tax refund hits my account.

What's happening on your Hump Day? Take a minute and chat.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's SBD Chat for 3/28

Good morning and Happy Wednesday!

I have a nice strong cup of Newman's Extra Dark and Bold to wake me up this morning. It didn't help that my DD called just as I was getting ready for bed last night and was asking for advice on how to handle a certain matter. I lay there and tossed and turned the rest of the night. No matter, Mom is always ready to help.

So my day looks pretty good; Susie's in the AM, then picking the girls up at noon since they have 1/2 days the rest of the week, and running to the bakery to pick up Cindy's bakery order, then back home for a couple hours before it's time to drop them off at the riding stables, and I can head on home.

Cyndi, yesterday's soup was from my freezer stash, Lobster Bisque.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

OK, Ruthie, you beat me by 3 minutes! It sounds like you have a nice, cozy day planned. Take care!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Gopd Morning

"Cozy" sounds wonderful!

I would not call it a bad mood I'm just moderately overwhelmed right now. I have decided to keep a healthy perspective and my mantra, just like with my weightloss, is "This is a process". In that, I have moved my piano to a location where it can sit happily for a month until the floor really cures. Then I will move it back to it's old spot. When the giant hutch gets back to it's spot this afternoon I will put the dishes back in without cleaning them. They are going to get dirty again before this is over because "this is a process".

Food was ok yesterday, no snacking at work and OP dinner. I had ice cream later, in a larger than usual, but manageable quantity. (There's still plenty left, I didn't feel a need to eat it all)

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to go sit outside and drink coffee for a bit.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm in a rush because my mom and I are working out today (instead of Friday this week) at an earlier hour than usual. So I have to pay attention and eat something earlier than I normally would. And not get too distracted by the internet!

Now that DH also finished The Hunger Games, we might actually go to the movie today. I figure if we go early afternoon it shouldn't be too crowded. We have already ordered the other books; turns out my boys want to read them when they come home this summer.

Have a few more grocery items to pick up today since tomorrow is busy and I need to pack a meal to take to work for the first time. And the teen sent an email late last night asking our thoughts on an email he will send his adviser with a slew of questions about registration. It pisses me off that during this time the advisers are all too busy to meet with students Looks like next semester he won't take a single class towards his original major. We'll draft a response to him as soon as DH gets back from his run with the neighbors. (His first in years; he's been running indoors but broke the treadmill this week.)

Ruth - Kudos on the too-big clothes!

Linda - Yes on that Mom thing

Debbie - And, as my mom always said, "This too shall pass." We really need to have our floors refinished but are so not up to doing it ourselves. And I dread the mess and hassle.

Must go eat now... Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #6  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All! Happy Hump Day!

If I make it through today totally OP, it will be the most days in a row (4) since I started this 3 weeks ago! (here's hoping).

Actually, something does feel different this time, so I think I will make it. And if I make it through the actual whole week, I think I might just faint!

Rain predicted for here today, blah! But at least there's only 2 more work days, woot woot!

phoenix!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- cozy sounds great to me enjoy your day

Cottage- don't you hate that tossing and turning with the mind going a mile a minute

Twynn- I am still waiting to see what DS signs up for, DD1 is trying to get into nursing program but we cannot send in application until she finishes up one class so this is difficult to register for the fall not knowing if she made it into the program or not.

Debbie- glad you know everything is a "process in work" I have to remember that myself sometimes

Phoenix- Yeah for staying op!!!

I went for an interval run outside this morning and it felt great to be back outdoors as long as the morning temperature is at least 60 I will start working out outdoors. Tonight DD2 has dance, I need to do laundry as well but we still have conservation mode going on in town as well as the boil order.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've actually moved to water but I'm sure there will be more coffee soon. We are between appointments. Good thing this place has lots of comfy seating areas and excellent WiFi!

Ruth - gardening clothes are definitely not a fashion statement at my house Glad you are taking it easy. It's good weather for relaxing with a good book and some tea.

cottage - oh my, maybe I should come to your house for lunch. Hooray for Moms, from both sides.

Debbie - Congratulations on leftover ice cream You've got a great attitude, as usual. I hope you're planning some fun time once this project is over. You've earned a break!

Karen- big schools just never seem to provide enough advising. Hope you are able to help him work through to something that works. DW is a student adviser at a very small community college and the advising there is very hands on, completely different approach.

Phoenix- you can do it It is challenging but so worth getting through a clean 2 weeks of Phase 1.

Rose - Congratulations on the outdoor run. I'm hoping we get some consistent warm weather around here. It's so much nicer to work out outside.

Okay, time to go check-in for the next appointment. Hope your hump day is bumpless
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 251.5/248/175

Height: 5 ft. 3.5 inches

Good morning ladies,

Not much going on today...I don't think I ever have much going on except the gym and doing some things around the house. I finally had a Phase 1 approved sweet...I had the NSA fudge pop with natural peanut butter...wow, it was good!!!

I am a recovering Weight Watcher, and I LOVE how I don't have to count one single point on this plan. I truly feel this is a sustainable WOE and I am happy for finding this plan again...but I digress...

I need to get outside and clean out behind our bushes and just do a good cleaning of our landscaping altogether.

Debbie- is it difficult to refinish your floors yourself? We have hardwood in our living room and they need to be refinished badly.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #10  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hello everyone! I'm new here at "the Beach" but an old-timer at 3FC. I used to do Weight Watchers but at the urging of my family doctor, I'm now practicing the South Beach style of eating. Since my very first day on Phase 1, I have to say I feel wonderful and wonder why in the world I didn't try this before! I've been reading posts on just about every thread and I'm so impressed with how everyone is so helpful and supportive of each other. I have learned so many good tips and am now starting to try out some of the recipes. I wanted to thank you all....so....thank you!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #11  

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I've been reading dozens of the threads and I'm officially making the leap from Dukan to South Beach. I'm really excited to get started on a plan that seems so much more sustainable than what I've been doing!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 251.5/248/175

Height: 5 ft. 3.5 inches

Gail, I noticed the same thing with the helpfulness of the boards. It seems to be a very postive, non-judgemental environment and I really like that!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

OMG it's been forever! I am so sorry to have been neglectful but there is lots of drama at the House of Jenn, luckily none I started but I DID eat VERY poorly for three days. Back on the wagon, no cravings and no Phase 1. Trying to drink lots of water and just move back into the groove.

I promise to check in more properly tomorrow. Hope are are well!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #14  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

to Mandy and Gail!!

and a big shoutout to everyone else

I am being sooo very lazy on this day off for me (well, I did do the Anni's Cardio Force for 55 minutes which leaves me for a few minutes recovery and I'm making a big pot of chili; I did vacuum but other than that nothing else )
Old 03-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

GailR and Mandy to our beach! 3FC is such a great hangout and I'm especially fond of our forum here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWifeTDS View Post
Debbie- is it difficult to refinish your floors yourself? We have hardwood in our living room and they need to be refinished badly.
Tiff, it's a huge mess! If I could have had it any other way I'd have hired it out. Unfortunately, it's a 123 year old Victorian with a river rock foundation. I don't believe there is one level spot in the entire house. The original maple floor has been covered for at least 60 years and there are deep scratches. We have no choice but to go for the "distressed" look and are hand sanding. Bids are free...get someone to give you a quote.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-28-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Closed Thread